Event Feedback - Operation Permafrost

If you grab a Procurer and a Venture, stick to the edit (West) Gate only, you can go from 0 to 900, event complete in 8 hours gameplay, mostly afk.
So expect the market to be flooded with Megathron skins.

1 Like

I dunno, I haven’t done the event in LS/NS, but did it in with a fleet in a WH along with HS… we got nothing but basic BPCs from the BSes in both HS and WH space. I think the drop rate on advanced is just super low.

I’ve heard of some people having good standard luck, tho, so hoping once I kill some BSes on my own I’ll have decent standard luck as well at that point. Basics aren’t worth making from the BPC, same as last event. On night 1 I woulda made 400 mil ISK from building and selling 15 basics from 3 BPCs my fleet got… and spent 365 mil ISK of my own stash of the tricarboxyls from last event I kept for a rainy day. plus all the data loot+PI loot needed = barely any profit at all.

And as for my own use, I’d rather shove +10s or +12s in my head than waste the 48 hours with +6s… yet… may not have any choice with this event, we’ll see.

What can you do over and over again in a proc+venture that’ll keep getting you points? O_o especially in the north (combat only) gate?

:::huffing gas on 3 prospects got me 10+20 points (per toon) and then stopped delivering points but I’m doing it till downtime to just get a good chunk of the gas to refine into moar tricarboxyls on the off chance I get enough worthwhile BPCs to produce good ■■■■ from:::

Plenty of people on these forums read almost every post in a thread they’re interested in, so…

Anywho… yes, there are gates. It’s not deadspace. You can warp around on grid inside the rooms. I would assume that combat probes would allow you to warp to someone directly on these event grids due to the ability to warp to structures/wrecks/cans/MTUs on them.

Whoops, meant West. I only activated the West gate, 2 missions seems to stay open for the mining section. After a certain point the missions started to double spawn (huff 800 gas + huff 800 gas), both missions tally each time you mine. All in all, there is about 8-10 different missions for this gate, mine ore in different values 350, 400, 800, 1400, mine gas in different values, reprocess both types and kill 5-7 Mordus rats. They just keep repeating the same ones up to 900 points.

2 Likes

Ah, west gate, that makes much more sense, heh. :wink:

Once I did the huffing tasks (the 100 one for 10 points and the 350 one for 20 points–talk about diminishing returns there), they both disappeared and haven’t come back yet. However, what you say gives me hope. Although I didn’t see any ore on grid (it must disappear during EUTZ just like ore need trade hubs and newbie systems in HS belts), just gas.

k. maybe the triple Mega Permafrost skin dream can live on a bit longer. Thanks!

1 Like

So the only characters that have a chance of finishing this event are Ice miners and Gas Miners? 56 Mill SP in combat and the event is impossible to finish. I did train hacking after the event started and that’s helped but, it’s an unbearable grind. I’m not angry, just disappointed CCP, just disappointed.

3 Likes

I’d be more inclined to go with, stick to whatever gate you’re skilled for, don’t start gate hopping for a few points here and there.
What are you stuck on for the combat missions?

Btw, I say this because the general consensus from people gate hopping is that there is 1000 and 1 different missions, from what I saw, there isn’t if you stick to the one gate type. I had 4 base missions, mine ore, mine gas, reprocess and kill rats. I’d take a guess that this would be the same for all gates.

2 Likes

These are the missions I currently have:

Harvest Vapor and Condensate (don’t have and will not be training the skills)
In a barge or exhumer, deafeat a player (5 days to skill into a barge so not happening)
Hack Frostline Logistics Nodes 8/55 done so far (mind numbingly boring)
Harvest Tricarboxyl Vapor (no skills for that)
Harvest Hiemal Tricaboxyl Condensate (no skills for that)
Receive Chromodynamic Tricarboxyls (again, no skills for this)

I’ve been sticking to the same type of missions between the North and East gates and I’m now sick of hacking. I’ve switched between AFs to complete the S weapons tasks and scanning frigates and a BC for the M Weapon tasks. Some grind I understand but I’ve been working on this for four days and this is day five, the exhumer/barge task was the last straw for me. With no option to drop tasks that I do not have the skills for I won’t be continuing. That’s my feedback for CCP, I persevered for almost five days and had to give up as it became completely ridiculous.

1 Like

No, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I took the gate since this was my first arrival at the site. I was not warping to a fleet member or a bookmark.

As I’ve said, this might be rare, but it happened and others have experienced it as well.

1 Like

Than is stupid and too bad CCP didn’t fix it. I encountered that damage only once but it was when I warped directly to bookmarked location. Was in a tanked Prospect and it damaged my shield to 35%

3 Likes

Im at 567 points and I can tell you if you are not willing to mine or to gas harvest, you aren’t going to go very far in this event.

I am currently doing 3 gas harvesting missions at the same time.

Of course you can always just sit in the north room and kill battleships and still get everything but the 3 skins for points.

Yes, I agree. Some people here have suggested that this might be a side effect of some of the code that they seem to have borrowed from Abysmal sites to create these pockets and that seems logical to me.

They might have fixed it at this point, but I have not checked today.

2 Likes

Agree, seems like it’s edit:West gate for easier reward points, East gate for Glacial skins and loot, North gate for Accelerator BP’s and loot.

edit:West gate is definitely more noob friendly with basic mining skills, all can be done in a Venture if needed.

2 Likes

U mean West gate? No mining in North

Yeah, thats twice I’ve done that :slight_smile: West gate!

2 Likes

This event looked like it would have some decent potential, but it’s fallen down on so many levels, which I hope they fix.

1. I can create contracts for the booster bpcs but cant search for them
  2. the ore counts as veldspar (for anyone skilled in veld mining/reprocessing go nuts)
  3. random “atmosperic instability” damage; seems tied to if a missile was coming at me going into or out of the sites
  4. Can’t decline tasks; I have no ability to fly an orca or rorqual, and even if I did I have no inclination to go PvPing in them
  5. missions seem to be 90% mining 9% killing npcs in very specific ways and 1% general killing, so good luck if you dont like mining
  6. half the limited time items e.g. boosters, aren’t labeled as such with the icon in the top left corner
    [Edit]
  7. a “process all” button on the structures would be handy
2 Likes

Those three you can do easily in a venture with T1 lasers, an AB and basic mining upgrade.
Once you harvested condensate, go to the condensate structure on grid and open it, you will give condensate and you will receive chromo.

Don’t do the vapor, it’s ■■■■, as I explained previously (plus it needs more skills)

I agree with your glass-half-full stance about the changes/bug fixes being good and all, but just wanted to say that if you’re trying to make ISK by selling stuff from an event, sure… you want it to be hard, you want few to run it vs. you so you can make max ISK out of each bit of loot. But if you want to use the things from an event yourself that you are running… you don’t care what the value is, you just want to get the accels and use 'em, get the skins and use 'em.

I think most people who are a little salty (yes, the guy you were talking to was WAY off the deep end, but I don’t think he’s representative of many peops atm) just want to have a realistic chance of their 900 points for that sexy Megathron skin, yanno?

lol. I just did the point thing on an alt yesterday, and SURE I think this grindfest is stupid. I won’t do it again on another alt.

I also pointed out one thing to improve it, namely divide the volume of gas by 10. This would multiply the point/h by ten for people doing gas missions, as well as the worth of gas harvesting by ten (right now it’s around 15 times more interesting to do ore than gas in terms of chromo worth !)

I’ve acquired few booster BPC’s and thought I could try and build those before I thrash them but I need mats and they’re not on my local market - thus mining. As I keep as far from mining as I can I could use some hints though. Having an alt with some mining skills (Procurer/Retriever with miner II will be my max) shall I do it and how? What do I mine there? I can provide backup so rats shouldn’t be a problem.

1 Like