Event Feedback - The Skilling Spree Returns!

Hello! Why i see only for 10000 sp or rare 25000 sp

It is a bit late to reply to this post, but as a newbie i can only support, what is said there. Maybe many of the experienced players have forgotted how you feel as a newbie. I’m six weeks in the game now. I was ganked on my third day in my Venture while mining in highsec and on my fifth day i was gate camped when trying the first time to jump to a lowsec system. twice a week i am hunted in highsec by some Proteus or other big ships.
As a newbie you very, very quickly come to the point, where you feel, that the game is extremely unbalanced: The older players got all. They have all the skills, the big ships, the ISKs and they know, how to play the game. You as a newbie have nothing: little skills, no exerience and not enough ISK, that you could afford to loose your ship twice ot thrice. There seems to be no safe place in New Eden, no place, where you can learn and start to prosper as a newbie, where I can determine the risk and the fights i want to engage in.
And this is the point, where most newbies will quit: They do not see a realistic chance to grow.

Therefore, I as a newbie appreciate the chance to advance quicker and get a chance to meet with experienced characters on a par.

I’m am aware, that this takes something away from experienced players, but if we want a strong player base and if want new players to join the game, then this is a necesssary move.

Marc

6 Likes

Totally agree Merc Ver’Anton - I’m fed up with some veteran idiot trying to blow me and my Retriever away in HiSec - I’m on my own for gds sake - it was never going to be a fair fight.

But then I suppose if you fly around in a Tech 3 ship gunned up to they eyeballs - the rules are what you say they are.

But perhaps you might just want to think - “is this really going to be fun” before you click that targeting icon. If you need an easy kill - there are loads of NPC 's out there who will be happy to oblige.

And if you really do want that fight - ask - you never know I might say yes.

1 Like

SP won’t make you better player, experience do. SP chase is a trap. I’m sitting on 130 mil but “using” maybe 5? You’ll see by yourself.

1 Like

2 answers, Jeremiah:

• You are right, of course, SPs alone will not guarantee success. But SPs are a necessary ingredient to become successful. As a miner you need skills to mine specific ores and even more skills to reprocess them efficiently. An industrialist needs skills to do research and run several manufacturing lines simultaneously. And a PvE player will hardly survive a lvl4 mission in a T1 frigate with AC on level 3. And he will need some skills afterwards to sell the loot. And I appreciate everything, that helps me to advance and to become more successful.

• It is my fault, that i didn’t present the post more clearly: My main point was a direct response to what Duro_Peripar said a few days before. He claimed, that the survival of EVE would depend on HiSec becoming really secure. And this is what i wanted to support. As a new player you feel completely out of control. You do not understand the game yet and you cannot control the risks. This is nothing what gamers like. And if we want EVE to attract new players and if we want all those players, who are pursuing some more peaceful activities to stay, then i think we need such a safe space.

2 Likes

Your original post is correct, no need to agree with Jeremiah Saken. The game is definitely unbalanced, especially for new players. All I can say is stay alert and try your best to advance asap.

You are wrong. Giving new players safe space won’t create them ability to catch with veterans. Veterans gather wealth in past years, if you want to “catch” with them you must gather it as well and inject SP you need by ISK if you want. Staying in safe HS won’t achieve that, and you won’t learn anything either. Security spaces are very different from each other. This game is about learning from your mistakes. I was ganked? What I was done wrong? Players keep killing my venture? Move to safer space. Gate camp? Maybe I should use covert ship. Don’t wait SP to train, fly, learn. I did a mistake and stayed in HS for a year, mining, missioning. Almost uninstalled. Then I take a dip into lowsec exploration and in a week I was more engaged than in past year.

Skilling spree will soon create a need that you have to log otherwise you’ll lose your daily drug. Especially if you doing it on few chars. Burnout will come. Don’t play EvE for SP, play for experience.

2 Likes

Been away a while just seeing this. Ok, ya got me on my wording. I should have said an across the board game time sale. CCP used to do 15% off game time on all levels 1mo, 3mo, 6mo, 12mo at least once a year. Yeah, this is a sale so technically I was wrong. Apologies for missing the table scraps.

Right now PA is pulling us along with Skilling Spree fundamentally useless to maxed out Alpha’s and this latest SP giveaway which is maybe 2 weeks skilling. It caused some if not most people to re-up for 30 days to maxout SP gift. It also artificially inflates participation activity levels as many people login simply to get SP and logout.

1 Like

The thing is, you don’t need to catch them. You just need to become experienced enough to survive. And without a good corp to join, that’s hard.

I joined a pvp corp in 30 days from starting this toon. I was lucky that I had excellent teachers. I was killing far older players in a short time. It can be done if you learn/try.

1 Like

That’s was catch was in “”. It’s hard to change players mindset that SP is what they need and they matter the most. You can sit and tell newbros that experience matter the most and they still go for SP in a long run. I’m currenlty learning how to fly Heavy Interdictors, hulls that I won’t ever use, but I’m learning it because I can. 95% of my SP is not used. When I started back in 2013 I didn’t have at the end of my head thought that I have to catch up with veterans. I just want to play. Game was 10 back then and I knew it is impossible. There were no SP injectors then. I wanted to try as much as possible pve game offer. Then I realize it would take me years at this point, so I specialize and become effective at what I do, but this require to work with yourself and what game offers. People coming here and giving the ideas what should be changed don’t understand the nature of sandbox.

So I inadvertently agreed with you? :wink:

Which is why I trained up ceptors so early. No one else wanted to waste the time, but you cant kill what you cant catch.

2 Likes

Haha :joy:

Not more to say?

Well that’s typical and expected…

Guys like you don’t care for THE game,just for THEIR game…

BTW your name is fake…post under your mainname or this is BS.

Not sure what the problem is, getting free SP’s is always nice.

3 Likes

This is amazing. People who are bored should go read a book. People who are frustrated should go take a walk. If CCP wants to survive, they will need to cater to the 2019 gamers. Not 2003 bittervets who spend most of their time shaming new players for not understanding how hard it used to be.

I have been roaming in and out of EVE since the beginning and this game can serve both worlds. The raw bitter black of null and the lighter ambient nature of high sec.

The bitterness of some of the old guard will push CCP to shutter their servers one day; or cooler heads prevail and the game will see a Renaissance with daily skill based quests, SP bounties, and dare I say, maybe even some SP mining quests!

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this goes here, but I absolutely appreciate the daily login rewards. They really help push my skills over the top so I can move into better pve. Thank you ccp.

1 Like

They can cater all they want, but to 2019 gamers will never have interest in EVE as it will always be a game from 2003 for them. There’s nothing that CCP do that will increase player numbers significantly, not even complete WoWification of the game. Since EVE has become free to play after the introduction of alpha accounts I can safely assume that everyone who wanted to give EVE a try did so already. The best that CCP can do is to revert some changes that have caused some older players to stop playing and rekindle their interest.

1 Like

There IS no “Wowification”,only a more than needed adaption to 2019 of the game…

Fact is it is not far to be enough to adapt the graphics or give one or two gifts to the players…the WHOLE playing experience has to be brought to 2019 and that means that you CANNOT “lose everything with a single fault”,that you have to have a safe haven where PVP is not possible and that you actually have to CHOOSE from the opportunity wether you want pvp or no pvp at all by actual WILLINGLY entering the sole zones(low and null) where pvp is possible…

Come on that is not that complicated…give the players the opportunity of a CHOICE and don’t just throw them into a lion cage and see if they survive or stay because the answer of 95% - 98% of todays players(ccp’s own number after the first month) is leave the moment they realize what this game is all about.

This “lion cage thing” has to be changed.

Drastically…

Or the bittervests and their (best possible number) maybe 3000 friends who “absolutely certain know the only way how this game is to be played right” will only have the opportunity to constantly kill themselves in an endless chain of pvp because no one else will be here to play with.

Probably the best answser .
There is some toxic behaviours who are so reppellent to new players that they don’t want to stay IG .
And unfortunatly the many good players are outnumbered by the few baddies which is paradoxical .

1 Like

I would go for something like this. At least you have to play to get the reward. Not, here’s your reward for just showing up. I probably qualify as a bitter old vet and think many more would be onboard for for such a change.