Event Feedback - The Skilling Spree Returns!

Well, guess I got my wish tonight. 10 of my 11 characters all got the task to kill 1 NPC for 10k SP’s. The one character that got the kill 5 NPC’s for 25k SP’s just happens to be my Trade / Scout alt that has over 55 mill SP’s, however that character is currently an Alpha Clone.

Even though I quickly ran through the Skilling Spree tonight, I did spend extra time in-game to upgrade one of the few characters I have left that still needed to be upgraded with skills and equipment.

Soo, in my opinion the Skilling Spree is a good thing because it definitely has me logging into the game a lot more than I would normally be doing.

I have 8 characters across 3 accounts, and I’ve recorded and spreadsheeted the skilling-spree data. Across the 27 days so far I have characters ranging from 305,000 to 515,000 skill-points acquired, the average being 428,125. The two highest allocations, 510,000 and 515,000 went to my highest skilled (by far) character and to one the the lowest-skilled. the lowest allocation, 305,000, went to my very lowest-skilled character. The rest are evenly spread between 375,000 to 440,000. Make of it what you will, but it looks fairly random to me.

2 Likes

They it’s just lucky me…not that I need all that SP, I just train for the sake of traning.

2 Likes

While I am grateful that this event is here i am disappointed that everyday I login to my 3 characters all they ever seem to get now is “kill 1 rat for 10k sp” this is getting very aggravating to the point I am giving up on this event more and more each day… the time before this event all i got was 10k sp so i did give up, yeah yeah it free sp sorry but either ppl are being penalised for multiboxing or your so called RNG is fixed,

This event is now just utter crap and a waste of my time, and on the note of your “Halloween” login event sorry but that is just complete crap wooo 110k sp 200 fireworks, ok the astero and machariel yeah they are nice but sorry how bloody many Avatar titan “jump bridge/ ship carriers” are in the game none of my chars can fly them let alone store them. sorry ccp that skin in completely useless and worthless to me and my characters even my corp some of your events have been great (some i was unable to participate) but none the less they were pretty cool.

IMHO Skilling Spree = Rigged

I really do wonder about that Avatar skin. There must have been a meeting there in Iceland. They said some words. People agreed. They made that one of the giveaway items. What could the reasoning have been?

inb4 everyone is gifted and Avatar that you can fly in hi-sec too :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

It’s not rigged, all my characters get random skilling spree tasks. I admit the 10k SP task is mostly offered and the 50k SP task is the least offered one.

However in my opinion it’s a fairly good spread between the 3 different tasks.

And don’t forget, you can log off and log back in again and the task may be different.

1 Like

Woot? I thought it was randomly generated at DT. Smells like exploit.

1 Like

Wish I had known that when the Skilling Spree first started, I would have done it on each character to always get the 50k SP reward.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

It’s bollocks.

The Skilling Spree is a good idea as it breaks up the tedious grind of simply “learning.”

If all you ever do is learn a skill and are not rewarded for its use, then why learn anything at all.

That’s what the Skilling Spree is about, being rewarded for applying the skills that you have already learned where the extra skill points add to the overall learning experience of a set of skills.

Its similar to being a welder. Before you ever touch the torch and start welding you read about the many factors associated with welding. Employers don’t care if you can repeat the entire chemical breakdown of a welding stick or all of the types of welding wire, which is good, but can you weld? Hence being able to weld and getting more money for being able to weld is just like getting more experience points for applying the knowledge that you have already learned.

You get rewarded with ISK for the level of skill that you have that you are able to apply to the environment. Yet there is always something new that you learn on the job. such as welding up spiral conveyor belts opposed to frames for trucks. Neither were taught to you while reading about welding but because of your skill in welding you get hired to perform the task thus increasing your overall experience value.

A Jump Bridge if you will between the next level of skill.

1 Like

It’s getting rather tiresome at this point.

I understand and agree with the need to speed things up a bit so players can have a more meaningful eve experience sooner, but this is a bandaid.

I hope they consider reworking the skill trees to accomplish the same goal. Or perhaps even tie to something that favors newer players and provide incentives to try different things (current best way to get these points is accept a level 1 or 2 security mission undock–kill and redock).

I’d suggest perhaps they look at using the activity tracker level, something that seems to have little meaning at present and already as a metric they could use to reward players.

1 Like

I saw something interesting on my sp farm. Statistics. 1-2 offers for 25,000 and 50,000 SP come to 25 omega accounts per day. 10,000 are offered to everyone else. 7-9 prizes of 25,000 and 50,000 SP are offered for 20 alpha accounts. That is, this event allows the owners of alpha accounts to develop a little. Omega accounts get big prizes very rarely. For example, today there was not one.

1 Like

Until When?

I think the skilling spree might be permanent. So far, nobody knows.

I don’t have any alphas. During the first skilling spree (July to August), I tracked which of my 9 toons on 3 accounts (I did it with all 9 of 'em every day) got 10k vs. 25k vs. 50k offered. Random was random, but some toons seemed to get the shaft… including my highest SP toon, so at least that was okay… helped the other ones catch up.

All 9 were omega, though, so… I think you might need to look at the varying SP totals of your toons, not just whether they’re alpha or omega, and keep in mind the powers of RNGesus, as well.

This time around, Oct/Nov/??? 2nd skilling spree… only doing it with 6 of the 9 toons… results pretty similar. Plenty of days where all 6 I’m doing it on get 10k… other days where it’s 10k/25k/50k/10k/25k/25k… those are the good days.

If you say so. Mine has always been the same 10k or 25k or 50k per toon. Not that I always log off and back on again before completing the tasks, but the times I’ve done, it’s always been the same.

If some people’s toons have variable tasks… lucky them! but it is by no means universal.

I think there is time gate on them. On my main I log in the afternoons when I get home from work and right after the server comes up and nearly ALWAYS get 10k.

I log in my alt about 30 minutes before downtime, I’m practically guaranteed 25k.

Key word there is “seem”… Keep track of which tasks you get on which toons on which days. If you track it, you’ll see there’s an average amount for each. During July/August… over my 9 toons, I discovered… it broke down to about:

~75% of the time, 10k
~22% of the time, 25k
~3% of the time, 50k

kinda like getting BPCs for those basic vs. standard vs. advanced/extended skill accelerators during the last two/three events where we had to build them from BPCs rather than them just dropping from boss rats. Pretty similar percentages… CCP always makes the rarest drops <5% so they’re more special/so they don’t flood the market.

Eh, I think 40%/30%/20% would feel more rewarding, but I get why CCP makes it more 75%/22%/3%… would 75%/20%/5% kill 'em, tho? :slight_smile: