Event Feedback - The Skilling Spree Returns!

It is all about psychological manipulation. Even now, they are busy gathering data…

Oh indeed. They are finding out the bare minimum of treats that will keep the login numbers up, no doubt… and ofc they’ve been experimenting with the difference between in-game events, daily kill tasks, etc… and rewards on your character selection screen where you don’t have to login (like… how many people get the freebies but don’t login vs. those that go ahead and login now that they have the screen open anyway), etc. etc. and how long you stay on, whether you undock or not, etc.

It’s more evenly spread than what you stated. In my opinion it’s more like 60%, 30% and 10% ratio.

You people try to find out some complicated math behind SP rewards, as if it depends on your total SP, whether you do them regularly, EVE time, phases of the moon…some 5-10 years ago there probably would be a complicated math behind it, but today CCP doesn’t have enough devs and those devs don’t have enough time to waste it on something so meaningless. It’s mostly likely that there is a simple distribution like DeMichael Crimson suggested in the above post.

Also, if you warped to an anomaly and someone already killed the last rat, try shooting destructible scenery. Destroying it sometimes increments your NPC kill count.

1 Like

I agree, it definitely doesn’t go by the total amount of SP’s because this Omega character has trained over 220 mill SP’s and I’ve gotten the 50k Skilling Spree task quite a few times. My 2 other characters on the same account that I’ve never touched before have now trained over 3 mill SP’s, thanks to the free SP give-away CCP has been doing. If it wasn’t for that, those 2 characters would still be sitting dormant.

Same goes for an Alpha char of mine that has trained over 57 mill SP’s, it’s gotten the 50k a few times as well as the 25k tasks. The only issue with that char is can’t add / inject the SP’s due to being way over the Alpha SP level.

Another char on that same Alpha account had trained a little over 10 mill SP’s before all this free SP give-away started. That char can’t train any skills but can still add / inject the SP’s gained from the Skilling Spree. He’s over 11 mill SP’s now.

The 3rd Alpha char on that account has just recently trained over 5 mill SP’s so he can’t train anymore skills but can still add / inject the SP’s from the Skilling Spree.

Those 2 char’s will be able to add / inject the Skilling Spree points until they reach 20 mill SP’s, then they’ll be like my 57 mill SP Alpha char, will just build up unallocated SP’s in the char sheet which can be added when the account becomes Omega.

My other 2 Alpha accounts - 5 characters - are all roughly about the same, sitting at 3mill SP’s thanks to the SP give-away. I have those characters switching regular skill training whenever needed to offset the Skilling Spree rewards, basically getting them all trained up equally at the same time.

The total amount of SP’s include the Log-in rewards as well as the Halloween Horrors SP rewards too, plus I also bought Starter Packs which came with some extra SP’s that I applied to all 4 accounts. Sooo yeah, definitely helps a lot.

I just created (another) new account yesterday (it is at Omega state… from yesterday) and there is no ‘Skilling Spree’ event available. Is that sort of a bug or there is some requirements (which is not written in the original post https://www.eveonline.com/article/pyoxkd/skilling-spree-returns)?

There should be a Flag icon at the top left corner of the screen, click it to view the skilling spree task.

It will appear after your character is 20 days old

1 Like

Wow, really?

That’s kinda messed up. Thought the skilling spree was mainly intended for new player characters.

This has been a huge help for me. Thanks, CCP!

3 Likes

On 9 characters (all being in alpha state with different ammounts of sp) over the course of 47 days i have gotten:
C1(4x25k )+(3x50k)+(40x10k)]650k
C2(8x25k )+(1x50k)+(38x10k)]630k
C3(7x25k )+(2x50k)+(38x10k)]655k
C4(9x25k )+(2x50k)+(36x10k)]685k
C5(12x25k)+(1x50k)+(34x10k)]690k
C6(4x25k )+(1x50k)+(42x10k)]570k
C7(7x25k )+(3x50k)+(37x10k)]695k
C8(11x25k)+(4x50k)+(32x10k)]795k
C9(11x25k)+(1x50k)+(35x10k)]675k
And as you can see the odds are that you will most of the time get the average ammount.

3 Likes

:+1: I just wanted to say that I like skilling spree, and that I hope that we see more of them in the future. :+1:

3 Likes

Is the Skilling Spree now over? I didn’t get a new one this morning. If so, thanks for it while it lasted CCP.

3 Likes

Now when the event is finished, I hope that CCP will release some stats on participation, like how many total SP were obtained throughout the event and who is the lucky person who earned most SP (both on a single character and on all characters combined).

2 Likes

Nice data there. Counting from that the propabilities seem to have been:
50k - ~4% chance
25k - ~17% chance
10k - ~78% chance

1 Like

I think this should be a permanent feature of Eve. I happened to try Eve again after multiple years of not playing and found the daily skilling spree to be a great reason to log in. The positive change of the skilling spree was second only to not losing skill points when being podded.

The short daily logins on a busy day meant meeting more people in the corp and kept it me coming back to stay in touch in order to hear future planned events had from time to time. I can safely say it was the reason why I met the people I did who made three months during the Halloween discount seem like a no brainer.

Now I can safely say I won’t be logging in as often. I think this is a step in the wrong direction.

2 Likes

is it finally over??? THANK YOU, BOB!

It was the worst waste of time, logging in all the alts, kill a npc and log out. finally, more time to to meet the people in corp, stay in touch, do something with them on the main account instead of the stupidity to kill a npc on all the alts.

2 Likes

it’s not like you were forced to participate, ya know? You could have chosen to not log into your alts, and you could have chosen to engage with your corp anyway.

7 Likes

Choice is an illusion.

2 Likes

You were not required to do it, if you wasted time on it it was due to your own lack of self-control.

2 Likes