Event Feedback - The Skilling Spree Returns!

20% of the max 100% bonus to a stat does not equal 20% less total stat. Not even close. Might want to think a bit harder about how much those 5th boxes cost vs how much they give again.

hull upgrades 4: 1000 x 1.20 = 1200
hull upgrades 5: 1000 x 1.25 = 1250

If you really want to fabricate player numbers just offer 1.25x skill training rate while you are logged in, never mind this penny ante crap. You will have 40k logged in all day and night.

2 Likes

Basically promote more AFK action, players would just have their character sitting in stations collecting bonus SP’s.

Nothing bad about free stuff and faster skilling…not at all…

Just stop beeing envious that you didn’t had it as you were noobs would help a lot here…

1 Like

I have two accounts. One of them has had two 25k opportunities and the other has had all 10k runs. Guess the random thing isn’t working for the second one.

1 Like

I’m doing it on 11 characters and it’s pretty much random with them all. I’ve got the 50k reward a few times and the 25k and 10k rewards seem to be offered about the same.

Why?

You also could have 6*50k right now…

Not really realstic but well inside the random range…

6* 10k also happens…
Random does not mean you have a “right” for a “good” result even if you try 1000 times the result can be 1000* 10k…

So where is the logic in your complain?

Across 8 characters over 6 days I’ve had 3 x 10’s, 6 x 5’s and the rest 1’s. I’ve had 1 character who had 2 x 10’s, and 2 characters who had just 1’s. So far that’s 36 in 1’s, 30 in 10’s and 30 in 5’s, an average of 2 per day per character.

1 Like

In the thread on the first Skilling Spree it has become quite clear that the odds of getting a particular task is not evenly distributed.
The 50k’s are much rarer than the 25k’s which are in turn rarer than the 10k’s.

Don’t expect much more than the single kill-task. You most probably will get just that. With 2 50k’s you’re not bad off to be honest.

1 Like

I question the “randomness” of this event. I have 7 accounts, some in alpha & some in omega. Over the past several days, I’ve done a total of 26 challenges. 24 were 10,000 rewards, 2 were 25,000 and no 50,000. Before you flame me, let me say I do understand statistics and acknowledge that the above outcome is statistically possible. However if others are experiencing the same skewed outcomes it would indicate that CCP is not as random in their awards as they have led us to believe

2 Likes

It’s not that I participate in event, I just shoot rats on regular basis. I had one 25k (first) and rest 10k in row so far. Doing only on one char because I don’t use alts. So much for random…

1 Like

It is random. You assumed that the chances are equal, but clearly it is weighted toward the poopy reward.

2 Likes

I have 11 characters I’m running through the Skilling spree and I’ve got at least 1/2 dozen 50k tasks, about a dozen 25k tasks and about 2 dozen 10k tasks.

Of course the RNG is gonna favor the smaller reward amount, the whole idea for this event is to get players to log into the game.

Anyone else didnt get a mission today? Is it already over?

1 Like

I haven’t bothered to sign in. How sad is it that reading the forum every other day or so is more interesting to me than the game itself, this “event” is not one, it is a cheesy and uninspiring gimmick, lol 10k sp.

I got it on all my characters.

1 Like

I got it but it was invisible. I had to keep killing NPCs until I got the popup/noise that I had unallocated skillpoints. There was no way to display it in the UI (top left).

Garth

1 Like

I got it on all my 11 characters, no problems at all.

I think daily or perhaps weekly events are a great idea. Maybe have special missions of different levels with unique rewards?

1 Like

Loving the event, always exciting to see how many points I can earn to boost skills for my alpha characters! Thanks guys! How long will it be on for though?

1 Like