[Event] The Next Party in My Honor

“That way you know
That no matter how foul
Or terrible your actions
You can hide behind lies
And claim ‘Magical Space Fairies Made Me Do It’.”
- The Scriptures, Prophet Anoyia, 8:16

“And once I got there, though monstrously inhumane and cruel, I believed my service just, because it kept bigger monsters from eating my children.”
- The Scriptures, Prophet Kuria 12:19

“All things were written by some Guys, and so you have to do what these guys say;
because the book says ‘do what they say’, and they have the book
that they wrote to make sure you’d do what they say.”
- The Scriptures, Book of Rubes 1:1

1 Like

“So instructed the Queen to her champion,
‘Beware the righteous who seek truth in spirit alone;
The weak of mind are quick to judge with slightest tempt;
Thus fools go forth to spread false word,
Great misery follows those who heed what only the weak have heard.
Heed me champion, for only you shall know;
Within the blue ring of fire lies the final key of revelation.
Find this ring, my champion, and both mind and spirit shall be strong once more.’”
- The Scriptures, Book of Trials 2:13 - 2:21

1 Like

Could you guys please take it to another thread before you get to the ■■■■■■■ tax records contained in the Amarr Scriptures?

4 Likes

“There will be neither compassion nor mercy;
Nor peace, nor solace
For those who bear witness to these Signs
And still do not believe.”
- The Scriptures, Book of Reclaiming 25:10

1 Like

Anyway.

Am I on the Bad List, or can I attend this party if I am available ?

You may attend via holopresence.

Aww, I’m on the Bad List then.

“So instructed the Queen to her champion,
‘Beware the righteous who seek truth in spirit alone;
The weak of mind are quick to judge with slightest tempt.’”
- The Scriptures, Book of Trials 2:13

“Beware those who speak with righteous words;
it is a weak mind that quickly judges the slightest indiscretion.”
- Trad, Sundsele

3 Likes

“There once was a guy called Aldrith
Who’s god was somewhat a myth
His scriptures galore
To sleep, what a bore
But that beard, I’d play with”

- The Scriptures, Book of Flavours 17:11

4 Likes

What’s that old saying? Living rent-free in Arsia and Elsebeth’s heads.

Thanks for the spacious cranium accommodations!

Is that really laughing at an insult, in your case? You don’t seem to peddle much these days other than the fact that someone called you that, once.

You’re welcome. Now you see my magnanimity.

And a gracious host, to boot. <3

2 Likes

The mind sees another as a face in a mirror;
We measure others but with our own scales.
- Trad, Sundsele.

2 Likes

What a frieghter-wreck of a thread.

You have self aggrandisement, much of it not by the original poster. You have remarkable levels of righteous indignation. Quite a bit of humor of questionable taste. A remarkable number of people playing directly into that humor by completely failing to understand it. And thats before you get to the public Amarr on Amarr sniping and eggregious out of context scripture quoting.

All for one of Electus Matari’s FCs throwing a party.

Let it be, the scion of House Elkin is no more and this absurd display does not hurt the Minmatar who replaced her.

10 Likes

Can you maybe not?

Sure, no problem.

I am glad you are so unimpressed, Chapter Master. The initial insult was directed at all of Amarr, including yourself and the Excubitoris Chapter. The only difference in the responses seems to be rooted in if the insult was understood or tolerated.

Some do not seem to understand they have been insulted, and so defend the insult.

Some understand the insult, but seem apt to take it with a smile and scorn those who have not.

And a few understand that all that Amarr stands for has been insulted and have chosen not to tolerate it.

My true apologies for the poor show, but we are not the ones who chose to spit upon the people of their origin with mockery. We are merely the ones who express disapproval at being spat on.

6 Likes

The Minmatar Tribes insult all of Amarr constantly, it is almost the raison d’etre for the Tribal Republic. Yet, four successive Emperors have maintained the blessed Heideran’s path of limited cooperation with the Tribes under the aegis of CONCORD.

Working yourself up into a rage over Minmatar acting like insulting heretics is completely pointless. The situation is sad, but it is not worth displays like this.

Attacking another Amarr in public for a polite, though clearly backhanded, response to the provocation only serves the enemies of Amarr. It is about as far from “stand together with the faithful” as one can get.

The way for all Amarr to have handled being insulted would have been to have said nothing and simply not have gone to the event.

6 Likes

No polite word should ever be wasted upon that creature, especially when it is rubbing salt in the wounds left by its betrayal.

I do not care how uncouth the scene is when its head rolls upon the floor. It will be done.

3 Likes

If that is what you want to call Lady Kor-Anashtih’s fawning message, we’re going to need a new word for what “backhanded” used to mean.

1 Like