Eve's true disease - Goonswarm

Are the goons still in the game?

They used to be a ‘thing’

2 Likes

Last piece of the story:

4 Likes

renting npc space

10 Likes

Well you played for 10 years and goons where only the last short episode. So I guess there WAS something that EVE offered.

You are in Clearwater, you have money and you go to Twin Peaks? What is wrong with you? Go to the Sandbar! (And when got Clearwater/Tampa a Twin Peaks anyway? Driving all the way to Orlando or Fort Meyers for a generic bar?) Fun Fact: In some areas of Florida franchises are banned, like on the on the eastern part of the Keys. - Now go to a BAR and not to the Starbucks version of a bar :wink:

I hope for you that those figures are after tax income or gross earning at least and not turnover coupled with the hope to eventually break even one day. Be careful with your new offshoot in Tampa: The competition may be a bit harder (less rational to be precise) than what you may be used to. Because a lot of people came to Florida with the dream of doing business in the Sunshine State. Compared to other places some people are willing to take higher risks, lower margins, go deeper into debt and suffer more just to keep that dream alive for them. Same effect as in every “promised” place like (parts of) California, NYC etc.

4 Likes

Hey dude,
I’m the one that got initial bump there (and that bumped your freighter).

First, once you leave goons, you are neutral, period. You are as much of a target as Pubbie McPubberson that mined in highsec for his 6 year EVE career. People leave player alliances all the time and try new groups to play with. Just because you played with a group for a long time doesnt mean they wont attack you. I mean as a former nullsec inhabitant this should be clear to you right?

Regarding Miniluv killing blues, your character had some obvious GSF connections. I actually went to the mumble channel of your previous corp and asked them who that freighter belongs to. I assumed you were another pubbietrash recruit that does not read the forums (which tells you to register on API with all accounts). Well, thankfully they did not know you and you weren’t on API.

So we scouted you (hint, 9b in a freighter is a bad idea, check zkill), found out where you were heading to, got you bumped (what is a webber?). You were even so friendly to fit expanders despite being able to fit triple bulks which made it an easy gank. Cant help with stupidity.
So, I convo’d this Gentleman and he gave the following answers:
[ 2017.09.03 15:21:02 ] (my bumper) > blue to goons?
[ 2017.09.03 15:21:04 ] Ipuntchipmunks Saken > yeah?
[ 2017.09.03 15:21:29 ] Ipuntchipmunks Saken > was in goons, why?
[ 2017.09.03 15:22:46 ] (my bumper) > just a question for our statistics

Well, a 9b freighter thats neutral.

One final question, who is recruiting pubbie trash like you?

1 Like

So your complaint is that your character in a jump freighter got killed? This character was not in the Imperium and you have no characters in the Imperium.

How about you slap on the puffy pants and hit the “boo hoo” button.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Hi, this thread really saddens me. I think it is important that the OP has a future in Eve.
Perhaps a strawpoll is required, and the wonderful community of EVE can give its view
of how the OP should proceed with his EVE experience.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13859565

2 Likes

You’re not trying to make a statement. You’re a little angry pubbie who ■■■■■■ up and is now trying to get as much attention as possible. You’re “threatening” to biomass like the petulant child you are because you were too stupid to take any sort of precautions, even tho we plaster that information on our forums. That death is on you, period. There’s no “goons are mean” involved, only some retardation from you op.

Please, for the love of god, DO recycle everything. If you get so mad from losing a jump freighter and some other virtual items, you ought to stick to games you might not suck at, like Minecraft maybe. I don’t know how long you spent with us, but if that’s your reaction, you obviously haven’t learned anything.

1 Like

From your posts, you are not and have never been one of us.

Nice meltdown, dude. Lost your sht so bad you may never get it back.

1 Like

He probably dreams about being a goon. Many people do that. It helps us sleep at night after we cry for hours about our lost spaceships. Then we go back to managing our real-life multi-million businesses. :wink:

Also :

3 Likes

With that much cargo and max expanders, if we didn’t get you someone else would have. You think Goonswarm is the only group that ganks in high sec? And you say you’ve been playing for 10 years. Tells it all right there.

Ahhh, there we go. The OP was foolish. He undocked in an overloaded freighter and was suicide ganked.

I see nothing shocking here.

BTW, that character was not in Goons looking at the corp history. Assuming you did have a character in Goons you could have rejoined, then added any and all alts so that they won’t suffer this fate. You were lazy and foolish and you paid the price for it.

Your tantrum here on the forums is just an added bonus.

1 Like

Also, I made an effort into a special meme just for you!

Also, check the spelling of cities, it helps your credibili… eh… “street cred”, right ? :wink:

9 Likes

The OP is quite correct. goon leadership long ago decided to maximize the monetization of the game, by any means necessary to achieve that goal. If that meant the long-term degradation of the game, so be it.

CCP believed, or perhaps even still believes, that their Ayn Rand, libertarian, dystopian view of what Eve should be was aligned with what the null sec cartels wanted in a playstyle. Based on that, CCP has bent over backward to cater to every whim of goons et al.

That decision is now responsible for the dropping sub rate. And yes, I am referring to the paying sub rate, not free alpha alts. CCP generated record profits last year, because they squeezed so much cash out of licensing Eve in China, skill injectors and skins.

I somehow doubt that this years financial results (think we start hearing about them in 6 months) will be quite so spectacular. You can only squeeze only so much blood out of a shrinking group of stones.

3 Likes

You’re placing the fault on Goonswarm and on CCP, but by your own admission, you were part of the problem. And, now that you are aware of the problem, you are choosing to lash out externally for a problem that you had a hand in perpetuating. Where is your thread taking responsibility for your own choices and the (supposed) damage they have caused? Where is the thread identifying your SELF as the disease?

From here, you have more options to pick from: continue being a part of the problem, stick your head in the sand, or become part of the solution . . . but then, those were the options you always had. Maybe your experience has taught you to make better decisions; I doubt it.

Fly safe o7

1 Like

OP your entire raging is of very low quality.

First of, you don’t ■■■■ on your old alliance in public, unless you have a real good reason to do so It is bad taste and will usually say more about yourself than about the ally you speak about. Your reason is laughable at best, but actually it isn’t because your rant is quiet shallow. BoB this, BoB that, bla. If anyone is toxic it is you. Where is the true rage? The least we could expect of you is a level of speech which gets you in range of a permaban from the forums. Instead all you do is whining. Meh.

2 Likes

What? but I thought this was EVE :confused:??

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::joy::joy::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Please don’t you’re killing me :grin: the OP has said some pretty dumb stuff but that!!.. you just slay me keep it up, this is pure gold from both sides now :grin:

As a guy that almost got ganked by alliance mate a couple of weeks ago, I can say, you have no one to blame but yourself, OP.

Nice jacket.