Eve's true disease - Goonswarm

i missed that post. what a tiny weener…

SA Goons don’t usually do this to SA Goons and we don’t actually know how much of a jerk the OP has been, as he conviniently - like all of those who do the same - leave out the other side of the story. that being said, there’s not much SA left in Goons anyway, but still.

3 Likes

True that. I figured people join Goons for the scurrilous reputation - I think that’s great.

But yeah, blown up in space and blow it up on the forums… “I’m going to take my toys home, and then, then I’m gonna burn them because they’re mine. MINE! That’ll show you all, I’ll burn it all - all my toys. Even the collectabiles!”

What does the OP think will happen on the Eve Forums other than people working out the ISK to Salt Conversion and whether that’s a fixed value or a linear transition?

Is he selling tickets or something? Not seeing the upside here the OP. But hey, different strokes.

5 Likes

Gave me a chuckle that :grin:

3 Likes

I heard there was salt. Salt was found. Commence refinery cycle.

Serious note, the imperium offer some of the best new player experiences in eve. We just don’t cater to the self entitled gamer. As you’ve shown here “LOOK AT MY ASSETS I HAVE LOADS OF ISK” You’re not a new player, you’re a whiner. Dont insult new players by comparing yourself to them. Thanks.

2 Likes

i know reading is hard but your loss wasn’t 10b

also goons do look after goons you just happen not to be a goon no more

2 Likes

Those are actually BPOs so yeah it’s around 10 bil

BTW miniluv does not kill goon freighters. If you read the forums you would have known what to do.

If OP wants to reach out to me, i’m miniluv leadership and can possibly return some of your stuff if I can find it in our glorious pile of booty.

I have no idea of the relative merit of the two sites (and no real interest in the merits of the two sides) but presumably he was referring to this… there’s a link to it in the link you provided :expressionless:

11/10
Bonus points for “I am an ex con making bazillions per month”

9 Likes

Then why tell us? About the only people here who would really care how much you make are in the whale harpooning department. If you’re telling the truth about your income, you’re a modern game’s dream customer: filthy rich and not too bright.

Stuff like this topic is the stuff the 30-year-old nerds living in their parents’ basements live for. If you really wanted to hurt them, you wouldn’t say anything at all. You’d just walk away quietly and not give them anything to laugh about. You have better things to do with your life than to make a forum topic telling them they’ve been successful at ruining your game experience.

3 Likes

if you really wanna hurt them send me all your stuff and ill put it to good use against the goon menace !!

I think I lost a double digit of iq points while reading OP’s post and am now somewhere in the negative.

The KM explained things a bit, looks like OP’s neutral alt got ganked.

Did you log in on your main and wrote/ yelled on comms that this is your alt?
If not, it’s common practice not to believe a neutral.

Also the butthurt is so strong I imagined it was an awoxed super (or worse), evicted corp (for no reason) or Mittens calling OP names on twitter, not some 10b pocket change…

3 Likes

Wait… 100 points are the “norm”, so that’d mean… :grin:

3 Likes

I was in goons with one of my alts when I was a newer player and I never regretted having joined them. Best ship I could fly at the time was a tengu, and I wanted to do PvE out in Null to make a little ISK to fund my PvP. So I joined, took my tengu and was on my way when I got ganked on the first or second gate in Highsec by some wardeccers. That ship I lost that day was like 50% of my total net worth on that account, so I was a little bummed out, but, as I’ve been PvPing I was accustomed to getting my stuff blown up, so I wasn’t really mad about that loss. Fast forward a couple of days and my CEO sends me a message along with a sizable amount of ISK saying that he was sorry about me losing my ship and saying that it was basically his fault for not making me aware of all the wardecs they had going on. This guy, without me asking for anything, had just looked up my killboard, seen the loss and decided to give me almost full SRP for my ship, without me even asking, simply to help me getting back on my feet. That was awesome and to this day, one of the biggest acts of kindness I have witnessed in this game.

Does this disprove your opinion about the goons? Of course not, all I’m saying is that, in Goons, as in any other bigger organization in the game, there are lots of assholes, goons to me aren’t worse than anyone else just because a random dude gets ■■■■■■ over by some goons and decides to make a post. I’ve seen plenty of these posts in the past about other organizations and I’ve also made the experience that when people usually get treated very badly by their alliance/corp-mates it usually says more about that individual than their alliance/corp. Not knowing you personally, I hope you do understand that I’m not blaming you for what happened, I’m just stating my observations in general.

Your post also seems quite disingenuous tbh, you’re basically saying that you don’t have the time to play anymore anyway but at the same time blaming goons for making CCP lose a customer, so what is it now?

With all that said, I wish you the best of luck outside the game and hope you can put all this behind you.

o7

3 Likes

I had 12, watched a flight simulator troll video and anime incest clickbait earlier so losing brain cells like crazy today. Please water me every two days if I become a vegetable.

2 Likes

TL,dr: OP played EVE for 10 years, was in NC., RvB, Conoco, some older dead stuff and lately goons. Wants to ragequit because goons ganked his 10B ISK max-cargo-no-tank freighter on a Jita gate AFTER he had left the alliance because “something, something… to rich and busy for EVE”. But instead of just deleting or showering random noobs with ISK we get some GRRRRGOOONS and how the Alliance he had left was better than the Alliance he had run to. Also much “can I have your stuff?”

4 Likes

Oh so he wasn’t a neutral alt but an ex-member?

plot intensifies

The freigther pilot never was in goons and the other two pilots on his account were pulled out 10 days before the gank. Was in goons only for a few month anyway…

…and put them ALL IN THE SAME corp I created a month or so ago ( https://evewho.com/corp/Empyrion+Space+Program ) -with my alt they didn’t know of before I pulled the join 'em in one corp thing–. Goons probably didn’t like what I did but I could easily fight them off with my toons and won’t give Rowdy Ronny 0.01 ISK of all these billions but post bad things about goons on the forums…

So yes, that makes me sad. Very sad. Because I like ISK.

1 Like

now I find this most interesting.

6 Likes