Expert Systems - Coming Soon!

Is this a one time thing? I can see players with to much rl cash paying for this every week?

I know, I know, to little info.

It would be interesting if there is a package that will instantly get a new player into a max damage T2 catalyst… :thinking:

1 Like

THAT could be the 2nd most evil post I’ve read since Archer’s! :scream:

1 Like

Looks like rinse & repeat. From the DevBlog …

"Once an Expert System expires, access to the temporary skills and levels provided will be removed and Capsuleers would need to either extend their access through a repeat Expert System purchase or train the skills themselves. "

So as it stands so far, we have a cash grab when it would be cheaper to sub a mo and skill inj as far as rl cash?

Not necessarily. Depends on how casual a player you are and whether you see value in pay-for-use.

As per @Brisc_Rubal, cost per Expert could be sub $10. So, say $5-8 per use vs $15/ mo sub.

If you were a casual alpha, who also wanted to mine in a barge occasionally, you could do that for up to one week in four, for half the price of a regular sub.

1 Like

Oh, I hadn’t realized that we were talking about non-alpha skills injected into an alpha player. That does seem like something that CCP could sell.

CLARIFICATION: DevBlog actually talks about “rookie” pilots. It is a (good?) assumption that alpha are included.

EDIT: the parallel assumption is that access to T1 barges, as apparently reported in Hoboleaks (what that?) is actually included in the mining Expert

I don’t think they will get many new players signing up to this, but it is good that this feature will be put in place. There are many new players who are happy to join a corp where their corpmates help to guide their skill training, there are also many who like to play solo without talking to anyone and this feature could help this type of player.

The real life comparison might be renting a brand new car which is straight of the production line, purchasing a new car today is a massive commitment as there are lots to choose from so anything anywhere that allows you to “test drive” something for a period of time will always be pretty cool.

I’m trying to think like a noob right now, I go to the expert systems and purchase temporary skills which are £5 GBP for max heavy missile skills and specialization for 5 days. I get in a drake and am impressed with how much faster I can get through the level 3/4 missions, when the 5 days are up I decide to make heavy missiles and specialization top priority on my training. I was so impressed with the extra skills that I head over to ES and purchase another 5 days of max heavy missile skills.

I do feel confident ES would have helped if it was available when I was a noob.

call it what you will , virtual Skill Points, Temporary Skillset. It might as well be called a temporary boost if they are allowed to field their character at all in the live environment

1 Like

Ahh, but then you still need to know exactly what to skill train, so you maybe right that it’s cheaper, the question: Is the skill path right for that particular noob? they will be paying for the luxury of finding out if the skill path is right for them which I suppose can demand a payment which takes into account the sub costs £13 GBP.

I have a feeling it will be only be a couple of quid.

We can currently buy a permanent boost to skill points so calling it temp boost makes no sense and wouldn’t be of any benefit. You are right it does give a temp boost to a particular skillset, but the focus must be that the feature is in place so the newbro can decide if the skill path is right for them.

I don’t know, this seems fine.

If CCP wants to replace the free SP that they give in their booster packs with these temporary levels, that even seems better all around. Remove the SP boost, which new players don’t really know how to use properly anyway, and replace them with a couple temporary boosts to let them try a few activities. Selling them on their own for cash seems weird, but I guess they won’t do that. Adding them to a starter bundle instead of SP injectors seems like a good idea.

Plus, if they occasionally use them for in-game events like this upcoming galactic tour or whatever to allow more people to participate, then that is a good way to leverage the development effort. Also, having the ability to temporarily hand out a few levels or skills will open the door to experimentation and allow the devs to shake things up with less risk.

Of course, that is as long as it is a new-player focused thing and doesn’t degenerate into them selling access to top-tier resource collection skills or capital ships or anything like that. Which I get the concerns over, but from that announcement there is no reason to think that is what is going on here.

2 Likes

It’s for now. A year will pass and everything will work out. Then you won’t need to learn anything. Logged into the game, made money, paid it right in the game store. And he got the opportunity to fly on a ship. So there will be much more activity! You can fly on titan only if you kill a lot on a battleship. And so on to the very bottom.

ps I’m shocked.

As it stands, it don’t. It don’t mention that system will bypass omega restrictions and for 99% it wont. Because it will be abused by anyone. So you need to sub on top of anything you buy from new system. Not to mention needed isk for ships.

Anyway, you can buy 5 alpha injectors for 4.19$ or one per 20 plex. You get flat 250,000 SP for only 4.19$ that will always stay with that character. We don’t know pricing for this but I don’t believe that CCP will ask for less than 1$ per pack. I won’t believe that you are happy to pay for trial run while you have option to get same thing but it will stay on you character.

Whole idea of giving ability to test things is not bad. This is not why people are upset. People are angry because this is money grab

this is stupid af . the whole system just another cash grab . you are now sinking right down there within PA levels . what about the new people that trained into whatever path they wanted maybe 5 6 months ago , take indy for example then you obliterate , “distribute” systems such as ore , ice and then said miner has to deal with your idea of how the game should be played . They may as well pissed away the 2 mill sp to get started in a decent miner ship to begin with . did they get to "try " things before you decided to change things ? na
you continue to suck the fun out of this game and box us in then on top of it keep putting in systems like hypercrap net , skill injectors , and now this , pay if you like what your doing on top of paying . bring back captains quarters or things to immerse player in game , gd even bloodlines arent correct , or character customization works half the time , you just take out what ever doesnt work . youd rather sink time into more cash grab nonsense that you know all this chat here means nothing and it will go through anyway

1 Like

It might tho allow alpha to trial omega skills.

This is addressed by @Gerard_Amatin.

The CCP announcement mentions targeting rookie pilots. As they also specifically mention the 1.2 M people who tried the game in 2020, it is a fairly good bet that this targeting includes alpha pilots.

The unknown is what skills these alphas will get access to. According to an assessment of leaked data, these skills will include access to T1 barges. See post #80, but noting this is all to be confirmed.

Ok so there’s an alternative you say, one that is also “buy sp for money”

You sure? Because you just stated there’s another option that could also be perceived as a money grab. And in case it IS a money grab, and thus a worse option than you mentioned, then people have the option to choose the other option.

I think it’s far more likely that you’re just salty about EVE in general and just want to cause trouble, given that you deleted your character even though it has been used extensively.

1 Like

Your idea being the newbs can reassign their first 5 mil SP into other skills to try different things one, right?

Yeah, I think that might have been a better idea. And if CCP doesn’t want people doing it constantly, make it be a limited thing like the free anytime remaps.

I mean, if he feels his suggestion is better than what they’re actually doing (I would tend to agree from what little I’ve heard of his suggestion), why not say “hey… I had a better idea” here in the feedback thread? All for it.

1 Like

When you change the game too significantly you end up with bitter vets crying out to the newbs about once having to walk uphill both ways in the snow on their way to EVE PVE/PVP activities and how the newbs these days just don’t know how good they got it.

Instead of the “I had to do it/you had to do it” stuff. It’s just 2 flavors of the bittervetness they’re going to be exposed to.

1 Like

There is slight difference in buying thin air that will disappear after 7 days and buying SP that will stay and have in game value.

Just at least let people buy this with plex and I will shut up.

Another one… Poor attempt to derail discussion into personal arguing/attacks is only evidence of lack of arguments.

2 Likes