Faction Warfare is dead, long live our robot overlords

Like why isn’t this a thing? Is anyone actually arguing against bigger penalties for botters? Seems to me like only people who wanna try botting would be against the first strike perma ban system.

It is, accounts that are removed for botting are never seen again but what does it take to make a new one ? Some of the more complex old bots had multiple saved locations in each system and a routine and response many times more sophisticated than the newer ones. the simpler the bot the faster they can replace it with a new one. Their newer tactic is to just swamp us, the bots die like flies but they rely on the fact that not always, people tire of shooting them and they cost almost nothing in isk.

CCP, why you dont want develope the FW? It is potentially great content, but now its incredible boring… Plexing empty beacons (with horde of bots), no roleplay, no stimul to war… Active player run away from FW =( CCP, please do already reorganization of FW!

So I was considering getting into FW, but from what I’ve been reading, it seems a bit pointless at this time? Perhaps when CCP has made it work again?

We went out last night, 5 of us in frigs, looking for a fight and we found the fights, plenty of FW pilots around, people had been saying “black rise is dead” - It clearly isn’t. FW is what you make it.

It goes back and forth

Gal wins - Caldari priced items go up
Cal wins - Gallente priced items go up

It’s all supply and demand. Personally a tipsy turvy FW is better than stable stale mate because your LP will become worthless.

Spend some more time and you will notice that the pendulum is not swinging

1 Like

Hasn’t swung in 2 years.

Well let’s hope some one steps up, makes a corp, puts the work in and then takes on the bigger boys. We as players make the content. So it’s up to us to make the changes needed.

No one will, because it’s pointless, it’s boring.

Because of said rate of bot replication, the systems cleaned yesterday, they’re taken back over the next day.

No one joins FW to kill bots, nor join to engage the same people and over in the same static systems.

1 Like

CCP make this guy CSM

He’s got all the answers

I’ll be taking a flyer on this FW thing. Just created a corporation last night and hopefully it’s still somewhat interesting

I have been telling people that for years it is not impossible to stop the swing.

It’s been four days already - an update:

I’ve not really seen any bots yet but I followed my Agency window suggestion to go to a system 6 jumps from Hek to defend some Minmatar complexes. It was disturbingly quiet. Maybe 2 pilots roamed through in an hour. I was working on a Large, about halfway through when a badman in a Garmur and he was -10 showed up and I overheated everything on my Atron. He landed on grid with me all flashy red and we exchanged gunfire. He was so freakin fast there was simply no way for me to catch him so I turned my ship around manually and it happened to be pointed at a plentary cluster so I warped away and said ‘gf’ in local and he replied with a gf as well. Chatted with him a bit and invited me to a channel called ‘Bringing Solo Back’

My mind is still sort of flexing over that cool exchange. And I made like 64,000 LP defending the Republic

1 Like

You were lucky to get away, garmur has a bonus to warp disruption range they can point you from a long way away. Most T1 frigates are lucky to get away from a pirate frigate they are dangerous and take some beating. With the hull being expensive they are also likely to be fitted with expensive modules it is not unusual to find yourself up against a 200 - 300 mil frigate.

To be accurate you can’t get 64k LP from defending a site 6 jumps from Hek, it would need to be a system with a high contested level which none of those are or have been for many weeks.

Yeah he showed me his fit and it had some abyssal stuff on there. I don’t even understand what that is exactly… you can boost the modules to be better than before? Make this already confusing game more confusing!

I could take a bunch of screenshots but whatever I guess, believe what you like. I defended like 3 or 4 of them before I had to go to school:

In recognition of your effort to secure our strategic facility in the contested system of Gebuladi, Tribal Liberation Force grants you 23,250 loyalty points.

Yeah that’s what I meant 64k is not all from doing one site.

You seem to have grasped the entire concept of Eve in that one sentence. lol

1 Like

You’re right I was a bit unclear. After school, I went a jump or two over and the LP was nowhere near as good as I was getting.

There is a set amount that you get depending on whether it is novice small medium or large but for defensive plexing that amount is multiplied by the contested level 0 - 100% therefore if you deplex a system that is zero % contested you literally get nothing. Systems can change contested level by 30 - 40% in a day but they have to be very active for that.

1 Like

Yeah starting to learn that myself. Forget where I was at, the system was like 6% and I got virtually nothing for defensive plexing. So I went to Aset I think it was called and spotted an enemy Slasher so I went for it. I was called a bot and told to get ■■■■■■ as I died to him and the Worm that also appeared. Just said ‘gf’ and poddled back to Hek for now. Got a few more ships to try out before buying more and tinkering with fits.

There are a few unfriendly gangs in that area and roaming gangs from outside that area also go there to look for targets, they know which systems are valuable/busy. It’s dangerous for them too as the big fish goes there to look for the little fish but the even bigger fish goes there to look for the big fish and so there are hot systems, some are permanently like that and some only become hot as the contested level gets high.

1 Like