Faction Warfare is dead, long live our robot overlords

We are seeing a resurgence of bots in the Amarr and Minmatar war zone mostly just a few tristans but that is how it starts.

1 Like

I too have noticed more chatter about bots in the warzone, if it becomes problematic enough and we have enough to go on, i’m thinking ship types, kill reports mayby a few character names then i guess we have to start this all over again, post the info then make a lot of noise until ccp notice, last time it took 5 days.

well, found my first suspected, a new account by the name of Eginaldghv bounces around deplexing all day in a venture. no response in chat. of course this could be a very bot aspirant player who just likes to sit stationary spamming a button all day but it lines up with the rumors of venture bots i have been hearing.

Could be.

Well now that the Amarr and Caldari are at T4 and the bots are rampant. I have reported and then I see them replaced by new bots in the same pattern with new names… same pictures.

You as in CCP need to trace the ISK from those accounts and remove it or ban those accounts until a full investigation can be completed.

I left FW. It’s why I come back to this game :frowning:

Ahh… OP.
I 100% agree with you.
Sadly, I doubt CCP will change the EULA (or just enforce what is already in it).
This has to do with the Null sec Block. Problem being that bots can be hard to detect, and there are so many botting tools out there now that even novice script kitties can create a bot system that is hard to detect. This is difficult mainly due to alt use being allowed. CCP tried to stop multiboxers back in the day, but they saw profit incentive in people running multiple accounts. I don’t oppose the use of an alt or two at the most. Scouting alts have been a way of life since early days.
But multiboxers and botters running 5 - 15+ accounts, doing their indy/FW/PVP is messing up most dynamics in the game.
PLEX prices are undergoing so much inflation because of MB’s and Botters huge incomes.
Smaller corporations and newer players are squashed and has little upwards mobility in New Eden, if they do not accept they meta of the game and start multiboxing and botting themselves.
PVP being ruined by balance-changes and “superhuman abilities” to bot and multibox without the need to build a corporate community.

CCP is making (unwillingly) New Eden into being closer and closer to mono-culture society. Missions are not viable for income any more, Null-sec’s Capital Umbrellas extends into Low-sec, Multiboxing has more or less become the norm (You can definitely feel the disadvantages when solo-accounting), botters ruin the economy, e.t.c.

It’s not that there is something inherently wrong with Multiboxing. But Botters are wrong. The situation is more general. The play-styles that where viable where much, much more diverse back in the day. But different mechanics of the game has been dumbed down, to the point where less and less playstyles are viable. Both in PVP and ISK making departments.
Botters are just the icing on the cake. A symptom of an Elite player focus from the developers side. While probably not intentional, the catering to those that play the game the most, the game in genereal has gone from being “play as you see fit” to “Play as you want, but only these 4 playstyles will make you rich”
Oh, and why is Null block important in this development? The CSM being occupied by mainly large null sec groups that profit from multiboxing and bots in a big way. Ahh… Conflicts of Interests. Perpetual nightmare.

Idunno. I went off a tangent here. The problems in New Eden, I have seen develop over the last 10 years are spreading. I would hate to see FW go to being bot-land.

CCP has to swallow a hit in profits if they combat botters effectively.

1 Like

Just have an “I am not a robot” captcha to enter plexes :stuck_out_tongue:

Or just make the NPC guards harder… OR perhaps… Perhaps… change FW system to a system closer to gasp SOV warfare in nullsec that the nullnerds cry about all the time.

They have at least 5 individuals who each run 20-25 broadcast-input accounts. So that alone is 100-125 “characters” when in reality it’s just 5 guys CCP is allowing to cheat.

1 Like

There is a fundamental issue with FW that to profit from it doesn’t require you to invest in it, people simply wait for the market to decide what side they are on and who can blame them. Fixing that isn’t that easy because it works the way it does to avoid other problems. The botting subsides as there becomes too few enemy systems for the bots to farm effectively, this all kind of works in a sort of market pendulum which is good in some ways as it prevents the war zone from permanently stagnating. Problem from the perspective of people active in FW in a strategic way is that there isn’t any strategic way it’s all just a mechanism to be farmed by groups with no interest in FW.

The fundamental issue is that FW is built to be profitable in the first place. It has always been a terrible system trying to entice the mission runners to try PVP with lures of profit. The whole concept of FW has no place in a sandbox, it should never have been introduced.

The only solution is to stop making FW profitable, and then you have your cool fights back.

1 Like

Yup,

Remove LP generation from plexes.

Reduce by 3/4 the ammount of LP gains from Lvl4 missions, and stop the Tier-dependent LP gains, and also, create a special kind of fw LP that is only used as donation to upgrade systems with.

Problem fixed and FW is once again about manual CTF system control.

Tiers and Upgraded systems should give specific pvp/pve/industry/mining perks just like special WH types do, that way it’s a lot more dynamic and would enable more focused and strategical warfare on key systems.

Collect a flat isk bounty for killing FW enemy ships, %10 of ship value split among anyone on the kill (or in fleet). Not enough to “game” the system but an incentive to actually fight. LP system would be independent, but I would consider a similar payout-for-kills reward system.

tldr, kill a billion split a hundred million

1 Like

Anything involving profitable payouts from killing other ships can and will be abused in this alt-friendly universe.

So nope.

It’s the profitable LP system that needs to go.

1 Like

And from that moment on the complains will rise that “no one does FW anymore”…

This will only kill it forever,this is no “solution”…

1 Like

Same to you… as to Janus Gregorian…if you touch it no one will do it anymore…

Nobody games a %10 payout…

Played FW for years, people who stick around are the people who fight for the fun fights, and the territory control.

People who fight for the easy payout only, don’t tend to stick around.

If you want payout, you’ll have to upgrade systems and gain its perks, but not until.

1 Like

Do the borders move?