Faction Warfare is dead, long live our robot overlords

Just as we don’t care about krabbers in null, we don’t care about krabbers in FW. Krabbers make everything worse. If you’re not in it for the fights or perhaps the RP back and forth, kindly get lost.

2 Likes

And everyone piles on the winning side because that’s the only way they can make some isk to replace their ships…?

Talk about gaming the system.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Late Edit.
I took my discussion to Franz’s Thread, it was becoming offtopic here

You seem stuck in the idea of a fw system catering to easy isk to sustain your pew, what if I told you that this mentality needed to change and you had to sustain yourself differently to fund your pvp, like everybody else does in the game ?

The perks gained from system upgrades would be nice for fw corporations as a whole, but wouldn’t be as big as to make people want to switch.

3 Likes

Well the krabbers will be you complaining that no one does FW anymore…really bad own goal buddy :slight_smile:

Ffs he doesnt even know what a krab is.

2 Likes

could a potential fix for the bot issue be.

capture points within each site. so you dont just have to be in range of 1 becon, could be on a random timer, site progress halts until you park your self next to the correct one. ??

would make the site more engaging for the Player and harder to program for the bot?

1 Like

You seem so fixated on the idea that the sole reason one would go to FW is to first have easy access to fund his pvp fix.

Although that may be true for a lot of new players, it is also very untrue for the many who have already found alternative incomes to fund their pvp, and just prefer the lowsec environment to find good fights in.

In fact, most people who stick around FW long term are in it only for the fun fights to be had, because the expenses they get, are funded by other means, LP is merely a plus.

Not to mention, converting LP for a good profit, you have to wait until the empire tide changes to make a good turnover (6 months up to a year wait) and it can become one logistical ■■■■■ as opposed to setting up a constant and alternative raw isk income.

Tldr:
Your views about the incentive to pvp in FW are misguided.

3 Likes

Like so many other self-entitled players, you want CCP to change the game to cater for your own style of play, while removing other’s preferred playstyles (yes, I do collect LP as well as fight in FW). It’s not your EVE alone , it’s here for all of us.

Ftfy.

Except that, “your way” + the rise of automated intelligence = A Dead, bot-infested FW.

Literally all the friends and pilots who once actively played the territory control game, manually, in fleets, they left, as there is no point to territory control anymore.

I propose something new to rid ourselves of that problem and make territory control a thing again.

And if your playstyle gets affected in the crossfire, just learn to adapt, because all of us would rather see a working FW mechanic than a broken one catering to a bot-farming minority.

1 Like

Really?

So you think making something less profitable and “just for fun” will make more people to do it?

In what world do you live?

ONLY events that are PROFITABLE(drop something valuable f.e.) are played.

“Just for fun” is a minority thing,was,is and ever will be.

The question for the majority is “what it is good for” and “what do i gain from it”…

Otherwise it will be left alone to do more profitable stuff…

1 Like

FOB’s
Resource Wars

Just to start with activities that are dead because no reward.

1 Like

Exactly…

But they don’t see it…all they want is “demanding PVP”…this is all that counts…the game itself does not matter as long as there is “demanding PVP”.

“Just for fun” is no bait for anyone beside them…

Nonsense. My name isn’t Hilmar, and it’s here for me (amongst thousands of others).

Does this also mean you think businesses are set up with the primary purpose of providing you with a good or service?

EvE exists to make him (and now PA) money.

The fact it entertains us is utterly secondary.

1 Like

Ive just one word for you:

Loot.

The business wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t here to provide us with a good or service in order to entertain us - that’s how it makes him and PA money. QED If it didn’t entertain us there wouldn’t be any money for them. It’s here for me because I’m entertained by it, is that not the case for you ?

I’ve not read all responses cause Drink = who cares BUT

CCP will NEVER act on bots that pay real money in subscription END STORY

when people understand this eve will become more tolerant

It wouldnt be here if it didnt make money. Plenty of things you pay for that arent entertaining, and Im entertained by your trying to paint businesses as charitable for free.

Sometimes it’s hard to stand people that seem to live in their own world…