Factional Warfare Feedback Thread

You sound like you need to a) stop farming so much, b) stop invading other peoples’ complexes, and c) join a militia that isn’t CalGal. CalGal just is so bad.

It in fact does not suck.

1 Like

Vastly reduce how many tags these navy faction modules cost and have player ships drop higher tier tags. I’ve earned millions of lp from plexing and pvp but I’ve only had enough tags for 1 faction gun. A lot of these modules would be cool to use but their extreme price makes them not worth using or even trying to obtain with how cheap t2 modules are.

2 Likes

CCP: Please look at including some viable way to fix Faction Standings. This has been an issue since Faction Warfare started years ago. Still do not have a solution to this problem. Cosmos Missions, Data Centers and SOE Epic Arc are not enough. Once you have exhausted the Cosmos and Data Centers. Which are only good for a 1 time mission. Then you have SOE Epic Arc which is on a 90 day cooldown.

Consequences are fine but provide a viable way to fix standings. 90 days for a 0.7 change to 1 Faction is not enough.

There are tags to fix Sec Status. Why not Tags or Missions to repair / increase Faction Standings with out damaging the opposite factions standings. Why not add an extractor to the New Eden Store that pulls positive Faction standings from a Character. And sell those standings to other characters. Win Win, CCP makes money and players can fix standings with some coin or plex.

After 15 years I come back to FW and I see the same issue. When in FW your standings tank, hard. But there is no reciprocating avenue for improving them. Again, it seems, CCP spent all this effort on this shiny new mechanic but didn’t address a glaring, long-standing issue barring access to it. No other aspect in Eve that I can think of is as inflexibly designed or implemented as faction standings. I came back after 7 years and now wanting to join a specific Militia to play with the few friends I have left, I’m faced with weeks or months of slow, from-the-bottom standings grinding. Compared to the avenues for increasing sec status - where you can simply turn in tags for a quick-but-expensive method or farm rats for a longer but straightward path - the hoops one must jump through to increase Empire faction standings is ludicrous. So I propose the following (note, this really only applies to the 4 empire factions:

• A “relationship normalization” slow-rate decrease over time of negative standings for EMPIRE FACTIONS only, for people, like me, who stop playing for extended periods only to come back and find they can’t even fly in half of highsec because of faction standings;
  • A quick-n-dirty way to increase Empire factions by handing in tags of the opposing faction;
  • Specific “redemption” missions/design to repair (but not exceed beyond) negative standings;

If you want people to play with your new toys, please put in a little effort to make it less unbearable to access.

2 Likes

You can always fix faction standings by grinding storyline missions. After playing 16 missions of any kind (Mining, Distribution, Security) with the same level and faction you will get a storyline mission. Some of these missions give huge standings, especially the ones with combat involved.

Only drawback is that you will lose standings with the opposing faction, called derived standings. But only to a certain point. For example you play storylines for Gallente all the time. You would end up with the following base standings:

Gallente 10.0
Minmatar 8.0
Amarr -2.0
Caldari -5.0

This would be the point where the other factions treat you as being a typical member of Gallente.

A quick way to trigger storylines is to play Level 4 distribution missions. Just fit a Blockade Runner or fast T1 hauler to load up to 8000 m³ and add some Hyperspatial rigs. Level 3 security missions can also be very fast if you blitz them. And they tend to have much less missions against empire factions.

If your standings are below -2, you are limited to Level 1 agents, which would mean a very slow and painful grind. Diplomacy V might help here. Or run storylines with a friendly faction. For example if you have -4 with Amarr you could try to fix that by playing storylines for Caldari.

And remember: Each faction has 3 sets of career agents, which also gives some faction standings upon completion. But this a one-time option only.

Derived faction standing (ie. inclusion of Diplomacy skill etc…) is not properly accounted for, and it seems faction standing may only be recalculated after relogging (log out and back in again for the updated value)?

I fixed my Minmatar faction standing to be +0.9 with inclusion of diplomacy 5 and attempted to re-join faction warfare on the minmatar side. instead, the game says i have a -1.3736 (my base standing). What’s the point of having a skill that allows you to have positive relations, when it doesn’t actually let you make use of all the mechanics that require positive relations? Can this please be fixed to take into account skills affecting standings? I saw this issue raised back in December 2022 in this thread as well.

Not ruining my standings. Way too much of a pain to repair.

Balancing Caldari / Gallente Facwar:

First off the recent changes to facwar are largely positive and appreciative. I help run Guardians of the Gate (long time Galente Corp) and we’ve recently begun rejoining facwar.

Now onto the crux of this post…

Assumption: Faction parity (at least to some degree) benefits both facwar parties. With parity both entities get more and better content (fights) as well as offensive plexing (isk)

The issue: There is an inherent imbalance with Gal/Cal facwar and it largely revolves around LP farming.

1. In short, Galente LP is the least valuable resource of all the races bc the ships that can be traded for with LP (lp-hulls) have no PVE or large scale fleet usage. As a result there is little to no demand for Galente ships outside of Galente RP, and facwar players with LP excess. Even the small gang masses generally avoid Gallente hulls bc of poor range, speed and tracking.
  2. This creates a natural tendency for farmers and the likes to almost-never choose Gallente as their faction. The repercussion of this is minimal total Gallente pilots with almost no farmers. As a result a tremendous and natural Plex pressure occurs in favor of Caldari.
  3. This natural Plex pressure creates an insurmountable landscape for Gallente. Even if Gallente were to win every fight, there is not enough player balance to even out system holdings.
  4. This risks ultimately creating a vicious circle where remaining pilots decide to leave Gallente faction compounding the problem.

Solution: To balance the Gallente / Caldari landscape at least one of the Gallente LP-hulls needs to be viable for PVE and/or Fleets.

Recommendation: Rework the Navy Myrm to have bandwidth for 5 heavy drones and perhaps some fleet-worthy bonuses. This would reintroduce a T1 hull with 5 heavy drones which could be useful for fleets or PVE. It would 2-3x more expensive than the old Vexor Navy and thus not as broken.

Cheers,
Heph

3 Likes

because FW requires umodified standings of 0.0

You can do the epic arc to finish raising that up to 0.0

Sorry for the late reply - and welcome back to New Eden!

There is actually a method to increase your faction standings relatively quickly using the Data Centers. EVE University, as always, has a great reference page for these: Data centers - EVE University Wiki

Essentially, this allows you to quickly raise your Empire standings such that you can enlist with your preferred empire without having to spend an inordinate amount of time grinding standings through Storyline missions.

1 Like

Problem is for few of us who have all 4 Empires at 9.7+.

I would like to try FW, but one wrong place at wrong time and ending up capturing a site (??) and I get promoted, taking a serious hit to my empire standings that no data centers will offset :smiley:

I just want to join FW to get access to FW fleets and to shoot some other capsuleers, not play the whole standings game or avoid the standings game :slight_smile:

Maybe join thats sharks vs whales or w/e they are called. New version of red vs blue.

Is there somewhere a page showing the development of the Minmatar/Amarr front-line over the time? I am curious to see, if there have been some significant movements after the initial change to the new front-line approach.

Hmm that’s a good question, I wonder of someone has made a day-by-day timelapse, where each day is 1s.

Come to Galmil. Calmil has orders to run from fights but we are still catching their plexers.

“What would be lost if we just allowed T2 and pirates back into Smalls, Mediums and more?”

The meta would revert back to the way it used to be, all t2 and pirate ships. This would raise barrier to entry via cost and would favor the T2 Logi heavy comps that would allow fleets to win engagements with low to 0 losses, further decreasing the amount of fights taken because “Whats the point of punching in if we can’t kill even a few”
All in all the current system promotes fighting between those participating in FW wile keeping ISK and SP requirements relatively low wile still letting pirates flex their pods and bling but with much less frequency

this is my opinion but is my prior experience

2 Likes

What are people’s thoughts on bringing XL faction ammo back to the LP stores?
Also Why was it taken out in the first place?

1 Like

Ew gross.
I am so glad us Matari are finally letting you guys go. Even though a third of all ethnic Matari reside in the Federation, I think it’s high time the shield bois hit it off.

its boring sitting in the plex with nothing going on, why not have it be a pvp pve event like the other sites where you kill more and more mobs to lower the clock