Farewell Friends

\o/

So I started EvE Online as I usually do, 4 hours ago. Nothing was the matter, no problems at all. Then I had to shut it down to download something unrelated to EvE.

Twenty minutes ago, I started it again and the client window opens but it looked like I had never installed the game before and it was ready to download the whole 33.5Gb at the same place that the game already exists in!

WHAT??

I tried to start the client from different places:
From the EvE folder, from the desktop shortcut, from the Taskbar shortcut and from the Steam window. Nothing. The program doesnā€™t seem to be aware of the 35.5Gb existing in the exact same place it wants to download to.

WTH happened? No idea but Iā€™m fed up with all the troubles I have to go through to play a game designed to kick my arse.
User settings are forgotten on an almost daily basis.
Some settings sometimes donā€™t even register, like Compact Mode, Window Blur and muting individual audio itemsā€¦ too many issues I care to list. But it doesnā€™t matter anymore, Iā€™ve had enough.

How many times would I have to download the 33.5Gb before the program decides to acknowledge the installation?
I donā€™t even want to know.

The least I ever expect from a game is that it starts. Obviously thatā€™s not gonna happen now so Iā€™m uninstalling and will forget about it.

I know Iā€™m not a great loss to the game. CCP isnā€™t going to get rich with the few PLEX I bought and planned on buying. I simply wanted to say Goodbye to people I have esteem for. You know who you are. :slightly_smiling_face:

And no, you canā€™t have my stuffā€¦ Hell, I canā€™t even have my stuff. I canā€™t even biomass!
What a miserable mess!

Iā€™m done with online games. Virtually all of them have greatly disappointed me. Time to go back to real games: good olā€™ single-player games!

Farewell Friends.
o7

3 Likes

Damn, what a kick in the balls. That sucks, but see ya then. o7

1 Like

Canā€™t wait till you make the next posting alt.

You wish, witch.

Yeah well. Itā€™s no big loss on both sides.

o7

See?! This is what happens when you let the content counter-play meta min/max ā€˜playersā€™ loose.
Goddamnit CCP. Do something! #SaveMike

1 Like

See you in a couple of days. :smirk:

e69acce7329cac7d7f14334244a1b80c--best-memes-ever-harry-potter

:wink:

4 Likes

I can log into the forum once in a while and say ā€˜hiā€™.
Remember, I canā€™t log into the game and biomass which means that Yuzima will exist until the CCP servers are shut down :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: Not only that but Iā€™m in the process of deleting my Steam account. In 30 days time I wonā€™t exist on Steam, an account Iā€™ve had for 15 years. Iā€™ve had it with online games in general.

2 Likes

It would be fair to say that the new launcher has a bug or two. Especially if you have the audacity to install the game outside the default location.

But never mind, the forums is where itā€™s at these days anyway. I find the forum has more exciting action than the game since the ā€œmanā€ decided to nerf my playstyle into the ground. Good job CCCP :wink:

1 Like

If you ever try to re-install, or if you havenā€™t uninstalled yet, try to run it with the bells and whistles that ccp suggests (loglite, launcher logs, etc). Itā€™s likely a conflict with other software, since you are the only one experiencing this (?).

Then Iā€™d definitely contact support via the webpage. Theyā€™ve always been of great help when I needed it. That is, if youā€™d still give EvE a chance :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think the only non-online game left is whatever is included in your Microsoft folder.
Solitaire, Minesweeper, etcā€¦

Even 1-player games these days need a download or a patchā€¦

ā€“Gadget even downloads aps to play non-computer games - Looking at you Warhammerā€¦

1 Like

I always make sure to let games install wherever the hell they want and I only have one hard drive so there canā€™t be any confusion.

Iā€™m tempted to agree with you. I have fun on this forum and most of the posters Iā€™ve had the pleasure to discuss and share with are really nice.

You know what? I think Iā€™ll stay put in this forum.
No need to create another alt @Aisha_Katalen :smiley:

:rofl: The women that mocked a guy with a real game bug caves from a little game files download. Whatā€™s your playstyle: looking in panic at data rates and caps?

This also sounds like a you-issue. Fix your crappy PC and file permissions. I donā€™t need to download game files repeatedly.

1 Like

Nah, Iā€™m so done with online games. Already uninstalled both EvE and Steam.

Theyā€™re already plenty busy. Iā€™m not going to bug them.

I may give it a chance in a few years or so and see if all the issues are solved. Although I doubt I will. Iā€™m a very stubborn person and I stick to my decisions come hell or high water.
Tomorrow I will contact my ISP and shut off internet at home for my PC. No online game no need of internet.

Not at all. I have 16 offline games. None of them need any internet access.

Itā€™s not a little game file download, itā€™s the full game each time. Donā€™t pretend that you would tolerate that.

1 Like

Then maybe play them?
Right now you are still playing EvE Forums PVPā€¦

ā€“Gadget is Southern, but this is the longest goodbye ever

2 Likes

Thatā€™s funny!
You really got me good :+1:

Of course. Itā€™s always a Me-issue. Who else could there be on this planet but me?

My PC isnā€™t cra- well, yeah youā€™re right. Itā€™s a crappy
PC I bought in 1995ā€¦ or was it 1895? :thinking:
Permissions? Who needs that? :roll_eyes:

Well you see I just learned to use a PC a week ago so I obviously have no clue what Iā€™m doing.

Of course he would, heā€™s a fanboiiiii

You didnā€™t read the OP, did you :laughing: