… hmmmmm …

… what was it again …

*picks nose* …

*examines found treasure* …

… hmmmm interesting …

*snips treasure away* …

… weeeeee …

oh! OH! NOW I REMEMBER!

Will you help promote mining as a form of PvP ?

1 Like

Will you continue to scam players in EVE now, during elections, and as CSM?
Either on your CSM account, alts, or by association?

Do you see how this raises serious questions as to your legitimacy as candidate, and whether you can be trusted by players as active CSM?

1 Like

@ISD_Dorrim_Barstorlode I don’t think @Proteus_Onzo understands that what he’s doing is spamming my thread. He’s asked the same question multiple times and I’ve answered it previously. Can we please do something about this or do I need to escalate this in another manner?

2 Likes

The questions above are different.
You are now a CSM candidate, and expected to answer questions put to you by potential voters, especially on an issue as serious as your scamming background and how that relates to your candidacy and future as CSM.

Its a bit concerning that you try to censure them by appealing to ISD, and thretening to escalate, when nothing I am asking violates forum rules.

1 Like

1. Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

• Trolling
  • Flaming
  • Ranting
  • Personal Attacks
  • Harassment
  • Doxxing
  • Racism & Discrimination
  • Hate Speech
  • Sexism
    Spamming
  • Bumping
  • Off-Topic Posting
  • Pyramid Quoting
  • Rumor Mongering
  • New Player Bashing
  • Impersonation
  • Advertising

I’ve highlighted the appropriate rule that you seem hellbent on violating. Please stop doing that.

7 Likes

I’ve seen him do that numerous times in other threads, and Faylee you did answer that specific question more than once.

1 Like

:slight_smile:

So I absolutely love the idea of players interacting with each other in this way. It would be awesome to see PVE-minded players being more protective and territorial, and one way of accomplishing that would be through resource scarcity.

So maybe this group or an individual doesn’t like the fact that some other group has moved in and is harvesting all that nice Veldspar, and he decides to do something about it. War decs and ganking are one way to deal with the issue, but it would be neat to see other ways where people that are involved with more PVE playstyles can directly interact with other players.

Do you have any specific ideas that would be neat to see?

Like some mini-sov kind of thing?

1 Like

Maybe, that would be neat… Imagine highsec groups building empires much like groups do in Nullsec. The activities you do in that system / constellation / region directly effect various things such as ore density, ore type, and so on…

However I think it’s important to keep into consideration the balance of risk vs reward and that Lowsec should naturally be more risky and more rewarding than highsec, and that Nullsec should naturally be more risky and more rewarding than Lowsec…

1 Like

What do you think about HS and LS also having access to the upcoming Player Gates?

What do you think about scanning fit or cargo being a suspect act in HS, if not in wardec with the target?

I think that could be neat. More ways for players to travel and move around would provide interesting counter-play to the usual camping and ganking spots. Could also use it to move around an enemy fleet or intercept them in cool ways.

I assume your goal is to make it where gankers are punished more for scanning cargo and fits instead of blindly killing things. If that is what you intend, then you’ll find that I’ll just use an ibis and the loss will be meaningless.

Yes. We actually talked about the mini-sov thing in the discord …
… but that’s not it.

Mining should be for PvPers. Not PvE.
It makes no sense that mining is being hogged by bears who hide in skiffs. Zero.
It makes no sense that the most important resources are being farmed passively …
… uncontested … uncontrolled … un … uh … un-fought over. :blush:

What highsec desperately needs is PvPers realizing that, if they all started creating mining corps and actually mined (roaming miners, can you imagine??), we’d see a significant uptick in activity everywhere. There’s not even a need for mini-sov, it would all work itself out all by itself!

The problem is that bears hog mining so much that there’s no value behind it, both ISKwise and emotionally! People think mining is boring not because it is boring, they think so because carebears are boring and everyone projects that onto the activity itself! The only reason why people think mining is boring, is because no one actually bothers to look at all the insane content creation possibilities that one can have when he’s an actually active miner who cares about being a better miner than the others!

“That’s my belt, ■■■■ OFF!”

And what would miners do about it if i told them to ■■■■ off?
Nothing!
They’d ■■■■ off!
They’re boring, insignificant losers!
They don’t deserve to be miners!

Why should boring, insignificant losers be allowed to mine the most important ingredients of our economy?

Think about that! Mining is the single most important aspect of the game, yet it is being hogged by losers, crybabies, whiners and princesses! We are talking about resources and resources should be what drives people into war!

Resources should be something people fight for! What we need are less passive wastes of energy calling themselves miners and more warlords who want it all for themselves. As a CSM, or not CSM, i wished that you did more to promote competition on the (asteroid) fields, especially because more PvP miners equals less PvE miners!

More PvP miners means less PvE miners!

And you could start TODAY!

The bears would leave in droves, arms flailing, because there is NOTHING they can do against us !

PLUS:

Many new players start as miners.

Instead of “growing up” in an environment where mining is perceived as a passive, boring activity …
… done by passive, boring losers …
… they’d be growing up learning that ore is the single most fought for resource in all of New Eden …
… and THAT makes a gigantic difference!

Years ago this would not have made much sense, because there was just too much ore. Nowadays we have npc miners reducing regular asteroid belts and moon ore, of which the influx is controllable by players. There is far less ore mine-able in highsec now compared to a few years ago, so there’s more room for actual competition that’s literally just waiting to happen.

Plus: CCP wants this to happen! :slight_smile:

As Baron Vladimir Harkonnen said:

He who controls the spice ore …
… controls the Universe.

That’s all.

Ralph tax:

*picks nose*
oh … that’s a winner!
*nomnomnom*

Sorry for not being able to respond sooner. I would expect that regardless of the outcome. It will be unpopular from any perceived stance on the subject. I would be concerned that some of the feedback will be not properly be addressed prior to release. Then once released it will not be touched again.

On the contrary, far from a victim, you are in a position of power which is uncontested. Indeed that is the strength of The Five™. And yes, that is a problem. It is true at the ship level, then it should be equally true meta level. The Drake, the Ishtar and yes, the Mackinaw each had their day in the sun and then it set. CCP Rise even has a bat somewhere that was flourished in the o7 Show. Likewise empires of eve rise and fall. Would this game be as special today, if Band of Brothers still ruled with their iron fist? When the same group/s continue to win the game has become stale. If there is no incentive to challenge, how it be called PvP? Or could it be that what you have or what you do is not as valuable as you believe to be - because nobody wants to take it from you.

2 Likes

The issue with Highsec is that the content here isn’t desired by most players. The mechanics of highsec pvp are often times confusing or directly benefit those who bring the most alts.

Unless a change totally favors N+1, I dont see a situation where better players aren’t able to adapt and continue being better than the average highsec resident. I have no problem with adapting.

I completely agree that I’m fighting an uphill battle here as someone that has participated in this system that so many players find undesirable. I frequently discuss these issues and differences in opinion with others and find that in a lot of cases they aren’t looking to discuss but rather just want to argue.

The main thing I want to make sure everyone is aware of is that I’m not only fighting for the content that I enjoy, but I want the guy that likes running missions has the attention of CCP and that I can be his voice for concerns. The biggest thing above all is that I 100% believe that player driven and player created conflict deserves a place in Eve Online… even in Highsec.

1 Like

I’m interested in hearing your take on the wardec changes.

Token ganker ie bad boi
Token carebear ie good boi
Eight goons
Next CSM gunna be a hoot!
Best of luck.

You forgot about wormholers being forgotten about again

Are you still running?

ikr - Her last response from november '18… Maybe not even playing anymore…

he’s alive, kicking and iirc playing. We’re on the same discord.
he gave up on this. On CCP. The Game.

You lost it.

: D

1 Like