February 2020 Release - Known Issues

Or as I put it, the inventory alert and badging was apparently implemented by an over zealous, unpaid intern who has never played EVE. Seems like the kind of unwise idea an inexperienced designer/programmer would come up with.

4 Likes

Karkur,

Sorry, I want to make certain I understand what you are suggesting, donā€™t wish to get podded in the process. Warp to within 0 to a planet I have PI on, bookmark where ever it is I arrive at. Warp back to someplace safe, dock, log out then log back in, warp to the bookmark, then through the View PI menu view in the neocom select that planet, the launch pad and then launch? Sorry the last few steps are not clear to me.

Cabas

1 Like

Implied /s

Iā€™ve heard and read so many legacy complaints about the old, bad ā€œPOS codeā€ that it would not in the least surprise me they migrated some functions out of the POS code into code, hopefully more maintainable, that caused these bu-bu-bu-negative features. Sadly it happens, a missed bit of spaghetti code somewhere is likely if this is the case. That said, there do seem to be a LARGE number of unrelated, debilitating bugs in this release.

The inventory badges, on the other hand, are an example of a REALLY STUPID idea being allowed into the code-base without serious review. The kind of stupid idea the originator of should be identified with in order to forever associate them with it. In this way all future thoughts of theirs might be subject to additional scrutiny before being considered rational.

4 Likes

Iā€™d love to know the identity of whoever the ā– ā– ā– ā–  thought the red dots was a good idea, too. They deserve to be made fun of for all eternity.

3 Likes

The Launchpad in Planetary Interaction does not open the Customs Office by clicking the first Icon (Launch) always. Instead the message ā€˜Export is not available as there is no friendly Customs Office in orbitā€™ but for sure there is. Accessing it directly from overview works.

1 Like

When editing bookmarks, if the bookmark has > or < symbol in it, it will not edit text where you want to

1 Like

Odd issue Iā€™ve come across today. When bookmarking asteroids for moon mining, it has drifted away from the locationā€¦so much so, that my skiff has been shoved at some speed up to 15 km away. Is this normal, or is there something strange going on.

[edit] Whatā€™s with the red dot and the dings? Every time I salvage, I get the red dot notification and the ding for successfully salvaging and lootingā€¦ I also get the items highlighted with a red dot in cargoā€¦

I also get a red dot when I buy stuffā€¦and a dingā€¦this is not enhancing my calmā€¦at allā€¦

What is with the autosort when dragging stuff into the station hangar / cargo containers? This is an odd change, especially when you are tracking stuff to redirect into other ships etc.

oh you have seen nothing i have seen those damned rocked do 0 to 220km in less then 5 mins then take nearly an hr to come back

I first noticed something was off when the new exit dialog made me feel like I was using Windows 95 again (whereā€™s Minesweeper btw?). Then my crew started complaining in unison about a catastrophe of bugs left and right. Iā€™m looking at the known issues list, and itā€™s quite longer than usual considering theyā€™re all UI/UX related. It makes me feel like this is a Vista releaseā€¦ getting flashbacks to the Incarna 'unā€™xpansionā€¦ the horror! The horror! :scream:

this patch seems to be liked even less then the Epic Fail that was walking in stations and that well i donā€™t need to say how bad that was

If you can see the POCO in the Overview you can still warp to it and access by clicking on it to access/open cargo to load/unload items and then transfer them to the Launchpad that way (even tho clicking on the Launchpad in PI view says no POCO).

Seems that once youā€™ve used the PI Window menu to Access a Customs Office or Warp to Customs Office then it decides to take those options away for that planet.

Iā€™ve had times too when you click the Planet in the PI window and click Warp to and it takes you to the Planet Warp in Point instead of the POCO (yeah some POCOs were placed in more strategic locations :wink: ).
Sometimes Iā€™ve also right clicked on the planet in the PI window and selected Warp to Customs Office and Iā€™ve ended up at the Planet Warp in Point instead.

1 Like

Experiencing sound issues post patch. Ship noises/effects/gate fires/engine/background are all missing. Settings have all enabled. Tried multiple restarts. Happens on multiple accounts.

Stack all not only does not work in containers, but as well in hangars, corp or personal hangars, MTUs and Mobile depots. However works in ship cargo,

Another issue is with contract:
On right click, ā€œfind Related contractā€ no options appear anymore.
I cannot sort related contract by type, category etc, as there is no option for it now.

1 Like

Its impossible to copy now digits from EXCEL to eve marketā€¦ what happened`?

Stack all in corp hanger is broken

1 Like

Any of this getting fixed by any chance?

I can confirm that I get the same behavior with POCO from the PI window,

• Customs Office shortcut on right click disappears are you right click once - you have to dock up before it resets and will appear again

• warp to on the PI window (not the right click) no longer goes to the customs office - several times ended well off the customs office

my work around is the overview - but damn painful that this is now not working

=============update===========
after DT on 13th these seem to now work as before have not yet seen the bug again

1 Like

After 11.02 update my drones (Hobgoblins II, Augmented Mining Drones, Salvaging Drone I) do not take executed mass-commands. I mean, after lauch them to space and shfting them to 5-items grop and giving them a commad, for exdample, to mine, ONLY ONE drone frome a group take that command and starting to mine. Other four just keep idle.

It forces me give EACH drone commands manually wich takes time and very annoying. Also i have a problems with NPC battles because i canā€™t command all-5 drones to attack ONE target at momemnt.

More than that: 5-drones shifting group DONā€™T take command to return to drone bay - only one of them go back to ship randomly. Other four just staying idle.

The same problems with salvage or fight commands.

What we have done with Russian CCP-help:

1. In a louncher: Reset options and cache --> Shared cache settings --> Verify integrity of downloaded filesā€¦ etc. Not ANY files was corrupted and after that nothing changes.

2. In the EVE game: Reset settings --> Clear all cache files and after that nothing changes.

3. In a louncher: Manage Profiles --> Make new profile and lounched game from it - and after that nothing changes.

After that Russian CCP said to write here. Well, i do now.

BTW: reinstalling the EVE didnt helpā€¦

use hotkeys for drone commanding: F ā€“ sends all drones to attack the target/mine/salvage (still works after last update). Shift+R ā€“ return all drones to the drone bay. Or you can bind another hotkeys for those commands.