First gates shutting down

Since we can’t move around the game will we get our game time extended by CCP while they fix the bug ?

it’s not a bug, it’s a global storyline development. Adapt.

1 Like

Its not working, it is a bug.

Bugs? What are they? Just call it ‘working as intended’.

How is it not working? Everybody was notified ingame. Everybody had the same opportunity to see what was happening via CCP’s stream, everybody knew what to expect if they had actually paid attention to those blatant ingame notifications that said in so many words “THE GATE SYSTEM IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY, THERE WILL BE A ROLLING RANDOM OFFLINING AFFECTING ALL OF NEW EDEN, PREPARE FOR TRAVEL DISRUPTION.”

Translation: Working precisely as intended.

2 Likes

you see, even CCP knows its a problem. as they say gate systems not working properly. Do you know when it will be fixed ?

do keep up… the Triglavian activity in the liminal systems is affecting subspace to the point where it is affecting the stability of artificial wormholes. This is NOT a fault with the game mechanics, IT IS BY DESIGN.

Fail…

But said the above was announced by CCP… so they clearly know the gates are faulty so they should therefore give some free game time…

Are Gates in 0.0 also affected ?

Or it could be CCP doing a bit of RP.

:thinking:

I never received any of those notifications. This thread is the only reason I even know about it.

2 Likes

Does not look like it. If you travel in empty nulsec regions after downtime, you get the same message from time to time. Apparently if you are the first going into a system or set of systems, the server will load them on request and you will have to wait a few seconds. Well that’s my guess.

Whatever happened to “adapt or die”?

Yesterday I was stuck too. But if no-one can get out, no-one can get in either. I made some nice ISK in 99.99% safety whereas I normally have to worry about getting dunked on by the local pirates.

Not the first time I’ve been stuck in a place for a few minutes. When you live in a wormhole, this is how every day starts. In null, you could be hellcamped in a station. Anyone already sandboxing instead of grinding in hisec has dealt with worse then a 20 minute travel ban.

2 Likes

As of this timestamp, my highsec toon which was logged in from downtime yesterday received in game notifications 20 hours 34 minutes ago, 17 hours 58 minutes ago, 15 hours 13 minutes ago, 13 hours 53 minutes ago. It has not undocked in that time, never mind moving system to system. All notifications said, in the flash message, “Hazard warning - Intermittent Stargate Disruptions. Travel Delays Expected.”

This I’m assuming was a global broadcast since my main also received the messages at the exact same times.

“Didn’t receive any messages”? Bull puck.

1 Like

OK. I just logged back in, based on your comment, and having been online for 6/7 hours today, with each of two characters. I checked Eve Mail, communications and the notification feed for both. There was no messages on either.

I know the notification feed is working, because 15 seconds before starting this reply I got a relevant pop-up. First one I have seen …

Emergency Protocols Under Authority of SCC Stargate Security Division are in Effect. Stargate Network Disruptions Should be Expected at the Immediate Discretion of Regional Co-ordinators.”

Not to mention emails, messages in launcher, scope video… not to mention that community informed about countdown for at lest few days.

Die and whine, instead adapt or die.

2 Likes

What messages in launcher about disruption to stargates and/ or travel?

CCP gave us a Ouija board over the summer.

Now they are flicking the lights.

Today after downtime they open the Halloween House.

Omega only space eh.

What a time to be alive.

There was a hint in an official project report months ago, that this would happen in later stages of the event.
At about 17:00 EVE time I was watching gates in twitch, after ten minutes I just wondered why they send that boring footage. When I came back later, everything went smoothly, obviously I’ve missed all the fun and went to Jita without any problems at 22:00 EVE time.