Fix this CCP. You keep losing players

I don’t remember doing that, but I’m sure you’ll educate me about the error of my ways.

Refusing to play the game is not counter-play to a game mechanic. I am not going to explain why; I’ll leave you to figure it out on your own, while I sit back and enjoy the discussion. There will be no further response on the matter from my end. :sunglasses:

Checking if local is clear has no counterplay, local chat intel is a bit too powerful in this game.

Yet still I nearly lost a Hulk one time when I warped to the ice belt while local was clear in null. Right after I pressed warp, an enemy Enyo came into system, noticed my Hulk on dscan and landed in the ice belt before me. Luckily my Porpoise could keep the Hulk (barely) alive and scare the Enyo off, but that was a close fight. It was the first time I was trying the Hulk. :smiley:

literally quoted previously.

No. Gankers don’t care about isk. They’ll gank an empty freighter.

It’s. Not. About. Isk.

1 Like

Sometimes it’s about ISK. Sometimes it isn’t.

1 Like

Aren’t ice fields huge? Wouldn’t it be wise to have various bookmark spots in it so you never come in at 0?

Indeed. And it would also be better to warp to a safe close to the ice belt rather than warping all across a huge system right to 0 on the ice belt.

It was the first time I was undocking the Hulk, saw an empty system, a new ice belt and was lazy. :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you kidding? If I had all that in a Trig system I would be thrilled!
That would be awesome, holy crap!
If I were you I would simply move in and start getting established with the Trigs.

This is nonsense.

Utterly untrue.

They may occassionally gank an empty ship either out of sheer boredom or due to miscommunication, but 90% of the time it’s a simple ISK equation, cost of gank vs value of cargo.

90% of the time all they care about is ISK.

They have to lose their ships to gank, they’re not completely stupid. Not all of them anyway.

I’m pretty bad at it, yet the only time I’ve been killed doing it in highsec was by a Trig gate camp, they one shot me almost instantly.
I was pissed but went back and got my stuff back along with a bunch of other stuff that was floating in space because of the same Trigs. I would up making a huge profit just for getting blown up and being a cranky bitch.
The great thing about Triglavians is their gate camps are brutal so most people don’t want to hang around. This leaves a lot of loot sitting in space waiting to be scooped up and, a lot of very angry new people logging off in and binge drinking. I feel bad for them, but still, it was kind of neat to lose a hundred million and get home with about five hundred.

I think I replied to your response instead of the poster you were responding to, sorry about that. I’m on my tablet and the text I’m looking at is microscopic.

If I were you I would be thrilled, it’s hard to get in there and you now have a serious base of operations to work from preinstalled. I would move in and start working on Trig standing instantly,

I know for a fact that Kusion, along with every other multiboxing ganker, PLEXes all of his accounts with in game earnings garnered from his ganks and maybe sells extracted skills though tbh I feel like he probably makes so much ganking that he doesn’t even bother with this anymore.

Ganking is difficult. Doing what Kusion does? RIDICULOUSLY difficult. Sure, there are some forms of Suiciding that are simpler than others but they are typically less rewarding. The stuff that really pays the subs takes practice, preparation, and a whole lot of game knowledge to successfully pull off.

If you’re quitting the game because you lost a ship well… you’re playing the wrong game. I hear WoW has PvE servers. Of course if you’re in it for the market and industry you’ll soon realize that Gankers and other PvPers like them are REQUIRED for your profession to exist and be profitable.

2 Likes

Could you please explain how? I don’t have a lot of knowledge in that area.
Thank you.

Explosions drive demand for replacement goods, industry players and traders supply those replacement goods.

If stuff isn’t exploding there is no need to replace it, thus making trade and industry players superfluous.

2 Likes

This is actually really bad advice.

I’ve seen people playing WoW getting a rare resource mined out from under their noses in the open world, and they absolutely lost their ■■■■. Like instant-racist-tirade-rage-quit-post-on-the-forums level of losing their ■■■■.

Carebearism is a personality trait, and not a symptom of a game’s environment and mechanics.

3 Likes

Yea, maybe you’re right. Maybe they could play Hello Kitty Online? : 3

But stuff also explode in mission runs and ratting. Is that correct ?

I’ve had the same reaction from people when I mine the rocks that they’re mining out from under them.

Occasionally yes, but if it happens often you might suck at PvE.