Force Auxiliary Balance Proposal

imperium wants to kill all low sec alliance who use small number of FAXs

1 Like

Another “non-nerf” suggestion could be to simply give Dreads (or normal carriers) a Energy Neut/Nos bonus. All Dreads have at least 5 high slots but only 3 hardpoints. All the standard carriers have 5 highs.
Give them an incentive to stick a neut/nos in a high slot
Only 1 dread has a bonus for neut/nos right now (the Chemos, which is also the only dread with 6 highs but still just 3 hardpoints)).

A T2 Cap energy neut drains 4,400 gj every 48 seconds. Give the dreads a bonus that would allow a couple 2-3 of them (dreads/carriers or modules) to counter a FAX’s cap.
(Or buff the cap energy neuts by reducing their cycle time or increasing the amount they drain).

That way, skill, tactics and ships would be an effective counter to FAXs, instead of just bringing out the nerf bat every time one particular group runs into a problem.

2 Likes

I would also suggest adding another tier of dreadnoughts.
You brought in a new tier of carriers with the FAXs, why not a new tier of dreads ?

Have one tier of dreads that is more effective against subcaps and another tier that is more effective against other caps/structures/etc.

Obviously that wouldn’t be something that could be done in the short term, but it may be a better option than simply going “Nerf ! Nerf ! Nerf !”.

(ps: mention that this would likely increase PLEX sales as people scramble to get new BPOs and mods and skins for the new ships. That should seal the deal !)

Yeah, that’s why I’m arguing that small groups need to be able to viably use small numbers of faxes. Because I want to kill them all off.

Get a clue.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/69321950/ 27 AHAs but only tanking 0.5M
https://zkillboard.com/kill/67260541/ 40 Machas but only tanking 0.5M

@Brisc_Rubal
hmm i think that mino was so much wrong example

Ultimately Fax machines are fine the way they are. The problem is you (CCP) defanged Dreads,Supers,Titans. which make it difficult to kill pretty much anything unless you have the lemming numbers. If you MUST Nerf the fax, then lower the resist’s.

Otherwise, how else do you expect anyone to form a reasonable fleet counter a 500 titan , 1000 super fleet using a nerfed Fax as your subcap life support? lol

The biggest Problems we see here is the multi cap booster on ninazu. Better to have other neut hat nerfs cap booster boost amount both on the atacking dread and the fax. Tank is not the issue here but not being able to neut out the cap because of gutar hero cap boosters is.

they already have more tank than FAX and co go with ridiculus ancilary fits. if any local reps should get nerfed it’s rorquals. but half of the csm is goons so i don’t see that happening

I’m 100% fine advocating a nerf to triple ancil Rorqs. They are also OP.

We all agree they should be fixed but l believe the proposed changes are extremely harsh.

1 Like

New rule: if you think there is no content, you are the content.

How about just making a new module that disrupt incoming reps?

Umm…no.

Do not do this.

I dont believe fax’s are a problem, at least not one at the level of dreadbombs and similar blob stuff. Isolated fax go down far easier than, say, rorqs or even dreads.

As a non-cap logi pilot, this makes me lose any interest in flying fax’s, if i ever had any. In this alpha dmg meta, people already get blapped in a single tick or two, so armor reps are irrelevant and shouldnt be nerfed. Shieldreps are useful , but capital fights tend to be armor tanked, so they’re similarly useless.

Add the effect as an wormholes effects then?

completly stupid go first change the cargohold to fax is so small!!! neeed more m3 !!!

Is this for null sec pig?
Half of csm is goons so nobody stand of low and wormhole opinion

@Brisc_Rubal

On that twitch thing progod talked about how bad titans and supers are for content. :thinking: Changes to FAXes do not improve that. Make CCP understand that and make them get rid of titans and supers.

Pretty good Titan content happening right now. :slight_smile:

I very much doubt that. It’s tidi’d and lagged. This is not good content, this is annoying necessary evil. Nothing else.