♦ Forward Operating Base / Fob Tips

“The Defense Network” or (I can never remember if it is American or not) “The Defence Network”

“The Defense Network” is a chan created by Tychicus Banner and there are some discussions on fob and reporting fob site.

Before the new patch , for found FOB we look mainly Zkill with specific ID of ship FOB for look lost in system

Glornak, you may want to join “The Defense Network” chan or pushing a mail to Tychicus Banner, Hadai1 or Gray Orca ingame about that matter.
They maintain a list of FOB sightings, both Guristas and Blood Raiders. This list is free for all to see.

Blood Raider FOB in Ahrosseas (Tash Murkon) on 21 Jan 2018.

Is there any public groups to run these things ? Interested in learning how to take them out. Or is it even worth it…

The more ships you bring, the more ships they bring…

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity - Do Devs have any ideas for encouraging players to run these things, or is just ignoring the fact no-one seems interested in highsec FOBs the plan?

Since they were “buffed” so they could no longer be soloed back on December 5 there had been one group of 6 or 7 players doing them occasionally. Since the most recent change - To make them easier to find - it seems no-one has completed one (none completed since January 7), which was about when they were made easier to find?

That is a very good question, and one I hope the CSM as been asking CCP at the summit.

@Jin_taan might be able to help us.

I can’t talk about anything relating to the summit without clearance from CCP until the minutes are out - NDA.

1 Like

Rather you than me.

For something so common they certainly should be easier to kill. I’ve seen as many as 11 within 5 jumps of me at times.
The Difficulty is above that of incursions to kill the FoB directly. Since incursions can be done by a balanced group of T1 Battleships & T2 logi, you won’t win contests with a T1 fleet, but it’s possible to do the sites that way in a reasonable time.
Since CCP removed the borderline exploit solo mechanics, the only fleets managing them have been pure pirate BS fleets of very high skills and bling fits. And I’ve still seen losses of those ships.

TBF I’ve seen very blingy losses in Incursions too - You can’t buy skill.

Still, I’m not sure why people seem to think that there shouldn’t be PvE that is extremely hard to complete.

2 Likes

I wonder if there is an upward limit.

IE goons approach is to bring about 200 frigates…:rofl:

1 Like

Its not just hard, the risk vs reward is out of balance. If it was better rewarded more people would put the effort in to working up doctrines and tactics. With the reward at current level’s it is simply not worth it.

How do CCP’ers react when something they have put time and effort into goes un-touched ?

2 Likes

There are very blingy losses in incursions, but there aren’t ‘only’ blingy losses in incursions. There are the more normal losses too.

As for why there shouldn’t be PvE that is very hard to complete, there totally should be, assuming it’s rewarded for it’s difficulty.
But PvE that is very hard to complete should not be both common & disruptive to play outside of it.
If say, only 16 FoB’s existed in the entire of highsec at any one time (4 per Empire), then they can be super hard.
But if 100 FoB’s are going to exist in highsec at any one time, and disrupt their systems activities with hunting patrols of more than standard player power, faction fit with perfect V skills is not the standard player after all, then they shouldn’t be as hard.
And based on random sampling I’d bet more than 100 FoB’s exist. I could be wrong, it’s hard to get an accurate ‘right now’ count.

3 Likes

Hmmm…

I wonder if any of the HS merc groups would take on one of these. And also what would they would charge.
Seems they have the proper numbers and fleet comps, plus training and experience…

I will go ask on the Merc forum…

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/pirate-fob-base-removals-any-takers/53590

1 Like

That’s an argument that I think has much more merit that “Nerf them as they’re not being run” - I remember a significant amount of complaining on the forums ~3 months ago that PvE wasn’t challenging and that CCP wasn’t introducing new PvE.

4 Likes

I think it is also intended that they are incredibly disruptive to operations in HS systems. Eliminating the threat in your home systems would be considered “cost of doing business”, no?

2 Likes

They don’t need nerf at all but they do need (a lot) further iteration their presence and interaction to pilots as well as other npc need significant work,miner response fleets as well as miner fleets them self like travel/gate usage and not warping or staying in empty belt doing nothing.

Reward for doing any of these is plainly put A joke and i don’t have reason to believe CCP is not aware of this fact that lend me to believe they are still iterating on them or they are on back burner if not dead already.

Looking when miner fleets and their response fleet were last worked on and CCP famous history on the matter of such things i do have concerns it is the latter.

This is true, they cannot be unaware of how underwhelming the rewards are for both RW and FOB. There is a small paranoid part of me that says it is deliberate. CCP have tried carrots to get high sec folk to move out and they didn’t work, FOB’s are the stick.

1 Like