Further improve the broadcast for reps

that everyone gets the ui changes has nothing to do with how it shifts the balance and rewards keeping you fleets full of mindless drones

1 Like

Go and play EVE with a blind fold then. Show us how good you are when everyone else is just a “mindless drone”.

orange

1 Like

So you’re telling us you’re playing EVE with a blindfold?

Let me put it this way, I did fly logi for my alliance buddies in deep null and was the center of all the attention, so I had to fly in a way that kept me in rep range and give my buddies enough time to remove anything close by to keep me on grid.

My best example was a fight in Catch on an astrahus with 4x t1 battlecruiser (Myrmidon, Brutix, Brutix, Harbinger and my Exequror) versus 25 unbrave noobies.
We are docked and undocked at the same time being tethered and brave yoloed 2 ships into my buddies.
I kept tethered and had my buddies on the watchlist, so I could see when their tanks were failing and of course listening to them on comms.
Brave started focussing on the Myrmidon, which had capacitor problem and I saw the armor go down.
It was clear to me that brave gave up on me and starting to ignore me because I was tethered (how cowardly of me…). When my buddy in the Myrmidon went into low armor, I untethered and started to logi him.
Now brave began to panic and thought he was starting to rep all by himself again and yoloed 23 more ship into my buddies, which I was able to keep in one piece, while dogding fire from a heavy missile Cerberus. Good fights in local, they lost, we didn’t.

If I weren’t an experienced pvper myself, I would not been able to dodge fire and flying logi in rep range, repping myself and my buddies with the help of the watchlist and the overview.
At no point I ever needed more clutter on the watchlist or anywhere else, in fact more clutter is bad.
When the first broadcast for reps is displayed on a watchlist buddy, it stays there until the end of time even though he was just fine and in 50% shields again.

I would have cried if the watchlist showed me more things I already knew.

Cool story and oh the drama.

Wasn’t expecting such a meta debate.

1 Like

Really, all that the op really wants is solvable with a larger watchlist, or an additional, very short watchlist that can be completely purged with a single mouseclick.

Its not reccomended, but i keep 4 or 5 of my watchlist slots empty(when i fly logi) so i can drag and drop people in and out to save time locking them just to check their health. I do this for VIPs and corp members. Having a properly set up overview makes it much easier, but the savings in lock time during TIDI are drastic.

But this is not enough when too many people are broadcasting for reps, for example after a bombing. There was once a citadel bash I can remember–we still lose ships to the citadel’s aoe even it takes more than one minute to actually kill a ship.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.