FW Frigate Hub! Discuss All Things Frigate (and Dessie!) In FW Space

lol. I did mean single neut, and maybe an MSE dual web thing might be nice. I have been toying around with PYFA and have found that the PG on the GNI is often very tight. The two lows would likely be MAPC, DCU.

lmao acronyms in this game…

Lows should probably be dcu2 and mag stab, or two mag stab.

Good luck fitting that without a MAPC or fitting rig. DCU is pretty important on this fit to balance out the low buffer of the MSE. If you want to spend 70M for a high-end PG implant, be my guest.

An interesting idea for a meta tossup would be a sig tanking AC ship. This would probably be either the Slasher, Firetail, or Dramiel. Since all of the fitting layouts are basically the same throughout all these ships, the flight plan is the same on all of them.

Slasher: “Ring Around Rosie”

4 Highs:
150mm Light Autocannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S
Small Ghoul Compact Energy Neutralizer

4 Mids:
1MN Afterburner II
Stasis Webifier II
Stasis Webifier II
Initiated Compact Warp Scrambler

2 Lows:
IFFA Compact Damage Control
Nanofiber Internal Structure II OR Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste

3 Rigs:
Small Projectile Burst Aerator II
Small Transverse Bulkhead I

The Firetail fit is similar, but it drops a gun in the highs and adds a SAAR. The Dram fit is maybe a little blingier, but the premise is the same. You could also swap the Nano for a Gyro if the fit allows for it. The reason that the Minmatar line is the selected for this role is because their ships are the only ones that have both a high base speed and a large number of mid slots. A ship like the Merlin is too slow, and an Atron needs more mids.

Ganky, Stanky, and Tanky.
Shield kiters are quite powerful nowadays, and so I should probably do some of it. I hate kiting with small stuff though. I really like the idea of a versatile kitey ship that can hold its own against other ships of the same class, while still being able to shred small stuff. To this end I came up with an Osprey Navy fit that I felt was quite promising. I know it isn’t a frigate or destroyer, but whatever.

Osprey Navy Issue: “Brawly RLML”

5 Highs:
Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile
Medium Gremin Compact Energy Neutralizer
Medium Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer

6 Mids:
50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II
Extra Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
Invulnerability Field II
Stasis Webifier II
10MN Afterburner II

4 Lows:
Damage Control II
Ballistic Control Unit II

3 Rigs:
Medium EM Shield Reinforcer I
Medium Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Medium Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I

Republic Fleet Warrior x5

I really like this ship’s six mid setup. It allows for just a crap ton of versatility. Although the tank isn’t the best, it is certainly adequate at the range you intend to fight at with this ship, which is about 12-20 km. Against kitey ships, orbit close. If they have a scram tackle or defensive scram, pull out far. The NOsprey is also quite fast and agile, so it will have range control on most cruisers. If your area has lots of kiters, put a scram on it instead of the point or web. Does just over 400dps cold in this setup, goes 2.5k/sec (0.9k/sec) with the two props, and tanks quite well. Neuts people dry in rapid order with a surprisingly decent cap life, and is generallly just an expert anti-tackle ship. Use the neuts against anything with lasers or hybrids. Pull in to about 6-10 km against these types of brawlers, because it gives you room to neut, enables you to hold on to your target if they try to escape, and allows you to use your afterburner, dropping your signature. If that wasn’t enough, the ONLY negative effects that the tank has on the ship’s performance is the low raw EHP, and the small sig gain from the EM rig. This means that sig tanking with an afterburner is viable too! Be wary of other higher EHP XLASP ships, armor rep ships (though you usually can neut those for a little bit), kitey neuty ships like Curses, high alpha ships with artillery or large guns, and T2 cruisers. When in a fight, only use your drones to kill enemy drones, because that will end up saving your ship if you have to pull range and go on double reload with your RLMLs and XLASB, because both of these systems have over 30s reload times.

Continuing on the once-per-two-months sadness train, I would like to focus on a strong and versatile fit for an Atron, and to a lesser extent, a Comet. This premise also works with the popular long point Vigil Fleet, which is a ship I don’t tend to like very much. The fit is the standard Railgun fit, but replacing the scram with a long point and running an AB.

Atron: “AB Point Rails”

4 Highs:
150mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Antimatter S
[Empty High Slot]

3 Mid Slots:
1MN Afterburner II
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Disruptor II

3 Low Slots:
Damage Control II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

3 Ris Slots:
Small Hybrid Burst Aerator I
Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I

The tank is kinda flimsy, but it is as fast as all getout. It can pull range from all single web ships (except of course the Daredevil or Vigilant or an MWD web ship) and will be faster than every other AB ship in the game when outside of web range. The high engageability of the Atron means that people will often warp into you, allowing you the benefit of range at the start of the fight. Any T1 or Faction brawler is an easy kill, except maybe a Hookbill. Arty ships will also be pretty straightforward, especially if they do not have a range bonus. Even other rail ships should be okay. The reason that the Atron is the best ship for this is because it has both a high base speed and a strong falloff bonus. While not as good as an optimal bonus on a railgun ship, tha falloff bonus still allows you to project even farther into your extreme range. Kiters will give you a real hard time, but you may be able to force them off, which is another one of the nice things about the ship.

I am pleased to see a thread about FW frigates, particularly from an alpha, as I have spent a long time playing with fits that are usable by alpha clones in order to show newbros that it can be done. I will contribute some fits as well.

1 Like

[Incursus, JS_Incursus_Solo_Brawler_Mix]
IFFA Compact Damage Control
Vortex Compact Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Vortex Compact Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier

Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II

Small Hybrid Collision Accelerator II

Hobgoblin II x1

Nanite Repair Paste x16
Void S x1000
Null S x240
Federation Navy Antimatter Charge S x240

MOVEMENT:

• Against any target, keep at range, 1.000 meters.

AMMO:

• Against the Rat and players, Void S.
  • If you are having trouble tracking a target, Federation Navy Antimatter S.
  • If a target is out of your range, Null S.

[Condor, JS_Condor_Solo_Brawler_Evasion]
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II

1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Faint Epsilon Scoped Warp Scrambler
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
Balmer Series Compact Tracking Disruptor I

Small Infectious Scoped Energy Neutralizer
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II

Small Tracking Diagnostic Subroutines I

Mjolnir Rage Rocket x300
Optimal Range Disruption Script x1
Tracking Speed Disruption Script x1
Scourge Rage Rocket x1000
Nova Rage Rocket x300
Inferno Rage Rocket x300

MOVEMENT:

• Against the rat and most player ships with turrets, orbit, 500 meters.
  • Against Slashers and Enyos, keep-at-range, 7000 meters.

AMMO:

• Against the rat and T1 player frigates and destroyers, Scourge Rage Rockets.
  • Against Retributions, Inferno Rage Rockets.
  • Against Harpies, Mjolnir Rage Rockets.
  • Against Enyos, Nova Rage Rockets.
  • Against Wolves, Scourge Rage Rockets.

NOTES:

• Do not use this fit against ships with Launchers or large numbers of Drones.
  • Mid slot heat must go to the tracking disruptor.
  • Against Slashers and Enyos, load the Optimal Range Disruption Script instead of the Tracking Speed Disruption Script.

[Tormentor, JS_Tormentor_Solo_Scramkiter_Armor]
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Multispectrum Coating II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner

Small Focused Beam Laser II

Small Energy Collision Accelerator I
Small Energy Locus Coordinator I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Warrior II x2
Acolyte II x2

Imperial Navy Multifrequency S x3
Nanite Repair Paste x16
Imperial Navy Radio S x3
Gleam S x3

MOVEMENT:

• Against the rat, keep at range, 2.5 km.
  • Against players, keep at range, 7 km.

AMMO:

• Against the rat, Gleam S and Acolyte II.
  • Against players, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S.
  • Against kiters, Imperial Navy Radio S.
  • Deploy Acolyte II drones against shield-tanked players.
  • Deploy Warrior II drones against armor-tanked players.

NOTES:

• This is a modification of a fit of Gaven Lok’ri. Credit for the original fit goes to him.

[Condor, JS_Condor_Solo_Kiter_Speed]

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Small Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender
Small Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender
Faint Scoped Warp Disruptor

[Empty High slot]
Light Missile Launcher II

Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I
Small Warhead Flare Catalyst I
Small Warhead Rigor Catalyst I

Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile x318
Optimal Range Disruption Script x2
Missile Range Disruption Script x2
Scourge Fury Light Missile x1000
Missile Precision Disruption Script x2
Tracking Speed Disruption Script x2
A-211 Enduring Guidance Disruptor x2
Baker Nunn Enduring Tracking Disruptor I x2

MOVEMENT:

• Against the rat, orbit, 500 meters, with the microwarpdrive off.
  • Against players, orbit, 14 kilometers, with the microwarpdrive on.

AMMO:

• Against the rat, Scourge Fury Light Missiles.
  • Against players, Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missiles.

NOTES:

• Due to it’s DPS, this fit is more suited for defensive plexing than it is for offensive plexing.
  • This fit has refits in the cargohold.
  • Mid Slot Configuration 1 is MWD + Point + 2x Small Restrained Shield Extender. This is good for when you are fighting kitey Tristans with Hobgoblins.
  • Mid Slot Configuration 2 is MWD + Point + 2x Tracking Disruptors. This is good for when you are fighting ships that rely on turrets for DPS like Coercers, Thrashers, Tormentors.
  • Mid Slot Configuration 3 is MWD + Point + 2x Guidance Disruptors. This is good for when you are fighting ships that rely on launchers like Kestrels, Hookbills, Coraxes.

[Slasher, JS_Slasher_Solo_Tackler_Shield]

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Faint Epsilon Scoped Warp Scrambler
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster

Small Infectious Scoped Energy Neutralizer
125mm Gatling AutoCannon II

Small EM Shield Reinforcer I
Small EM Shield Reinforcer I
Small Thermal Shield Reinforcer I

Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S x600
Republic Fleet Fusion S x600
Navy Cap Booster 50 x18
Republic Fleet EMP S x600

MOVEMENT:

• Against players, orbit, 500 meters.

AMMO:

• Against shield-tanked targets, Republic Fleet EMP S.
  • Against armor-tanked targets, Republic Fleet Fusion S.
  • Against T2 Amarrian ships, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S.

NOTES:

• Only undock against kiters.
  • Remember to overheat your microwarpdrive once you start your tackle run, and un-heat it after securing the scram.
  • Remember to heat the medium ancillary shield booster in order to get as much HP out of each cycle as possible.

Quite nice fits, all. I have a few points to make. First, is that a Condor, no matter the fit, should not keep at range, even on the rat. You should not fight Enyos in a condor, especially since they can load null and completely obliterate you. Second, is that 1 web on a condor is a little dicey. It can be hard to pull away from ships with webs, and any 4-mid ship with dual web scram will be the bane of you. Third, Slashers, especially without a DCU, are better off with an armor tank or MSE, as the MASB is a bit hard to micromanage, especially at point-blank range on a blaster boat. Last, you underestimate the sheer power of the SAAR, DCU, Bulkheads combo. While exceptionally bad on most other class of ship, frigates in FW space really shine in this role, much better than Multispectrum-coated Auxiliary Nano Pump ones.

Overall, very very nice fits. I want to try out that dual web Incursus.

You definitely should because whilst the overheated tracking disruptor with an anti-tracking script can’t reduce the tracking of an Enyo with Faction Antimatter enough to make it miss all it’s shots, it can reduce the range of an Enyo with Null enough with the anti-range script to allow it to survive at 7000m keep-at-range. The important thing there is to remember to kill the drone first.

Dualweb fits or single web fits with a 10mn AB will indeed kill you, but in the words of Ophekh, you gotta risk it for a biscuit. However since the brawl Condor depends on maximizing transversal via speed, turn rate and tracking disruption in order to make turret ships miss their shots, the last mistake you want to make is pulling range. You stay under the guns or you die.

Armor tanking is not acceptable because this would reduce the speed of the tackle Slasher, which increases the amount of time required to overtake the kite Slicers it is designed to catch. A Medium Shield Extender is not acceptable because the increased signature radius will allow the Kite Slicer to apply better once it has been scrammed and it switches to short-range-high-tracking lenses.

I do not, as indicated by the presence of those exact modules and rigs on the brawler Incursus I shared. That same combo also finds its way onto all of my scramkite firetails, brawler firetails and brawler comets. However, if we look at the other fits I shared:

• the brawly Condor does not require it because it will not be taking return fire if the fight was picked intelligently,
  • the scramkitey Tormentor does not fit it because it was optimized to deliver as much damage as possible at scramkite range before the enemy realizes that they are not scrammed or pointed,
  • the kitey Condor does not fit it because it’s tank is speed and turn rate, and tracking/guidance disruption/shieldbuffer,
  • whilst the tackle Slasher can not fit those because it requires two nanofibers and an overheated MWD to catch kitey Slicers.

If I want to sigtank, an Armor AC Firetail is what I use, because of its tracking bonus and speed plus extra low slot over a Slasher. If I want to apply max DPS at scram range, I use rail Merlin (dual web plated, not SAAR)
For that Tormentor, why do you need an auxiliary nano pump I? Wouldn’t it be better to do a bulkhead + DCU for more EHP even after the reps? Or a Polycarbon Engine Housing?

TD Condor will do that better than a TD Slasher or a TD Firetail. The issue with both of those is chiefly that even with 1200 tracking the TD slasher made it’s own shots miss. Firetail has a higher inertia and a lower scanres than both the Condor and the Slasher, meaning that your chance of catching Slicers, Tristans, Condors and Garmurs before they pull out of Scram range is severely reduced. One uses a rocket fit because it will apply far better in both the 500m orbit mode and the 7000m kar mode. Naturally, if your strategy is to avoid getting hit by combining tracking disruption with speed and turn rate, putting armour rigs or armour plates on your ship is detrimental.

Because those options are inferior with regards to it’s purpose. If you want to go down that route you can fly a scramkite firetail. Something I personally stopped doing due to those Tormentors often outperforming them despite costing half as much.

I wander How many Enyo do you kill in solo way?

The total number of shiny killmails stands at 2 Wolves, 1 Retribution and 1 Damavik. I have lost count of the amount of Punishers, Tormentors, Executioners, Slicers, Merlins, Incursi, Atrons, Rifters and Coercers it has destroyed. The problem with Enyos is moreso finding an Enyo to fight, not so much fighting them. Only two people have brought Enyos so far, with the first test confirming that orbiting at 500m is a very bad idea because 50% turret tracking disruption is not enough. The second test confirmed that keeping range at 7 kilometers is a very good idea since the pilot survived with only 9% structure.

1 Like

ORBIT 7000 please, also I have an Astero, Damavik, and a Garmur assist, plus a few other shiny things.

OH YEAH plus a 500m Nergal. That was scary.