[GalFed] FDU Victory Gala: Celebratory Dance Party / Campaign Rally / Orgy

WHO: All FDU Aligned / Allied / Gallente Friendly capsuleers are encouraged to attend. Bring friends.
WHAT: A celebration of the recent capture by Gallente Militia forces of the entire Gal / Cal Warzone.
WHEN: Saturday, 3/28/YC122 @ 23:00 NEST.
WHERE: Prism VII - Wiyrkomi Peace Corps Assembly Plant - Former Quarters of a notorious Caldari Terrorist recently forcibly evicted from the system.

In recognition of the recent total victory of the Gallente Militia, and the upcoming Federation Presidential election, Villore Accords Alliance is hosting a gala to celebrate the victory of liberty and democracy over oppression and terrorism.

Festivities will begin with a Campaign Rally featuring independent capsuleer Presidential candidate General Julianus Soter at Vlillirier VII - Roden Shipyards Factory, long time military HQ of the Villore Accords Alliance in years past.

Participants who wish to do so may then board the Victorieux Luxury Yacht Luminaire Belle captained by your humble host, Rinai Vero, for a cruise through the now fully liberated warzone from Vlillirier to the former nexus of Caldari terrorism in the Kurala constellation of the Black Rise region: Prism. Once there, attendees will disembark the Luminaire Belle for a once in a lifetime Dance Party / Orgy to be held in what I am assured by a recently bribed Wiyrkomi Peace Corps dockmaster was once the personal quarters of a recently evicted Templis Dragonaur cell leader masquerading as a ā€œCaldari Officer.ā€

Capsuleers of the FDU: you have fought long and hard for this victory, and now we get to celebrate! GMVA is happy to welcome those of our friends and allies who are so inclined to join us. Villore Accords has retained a company of the finest Exotic Dancers of all genders to provide entertainment. Attendees are reminded to treat them with due respect to their professionalism. Dress code is entirely at your liberty, but we do ask that all attendees scrupulously respect boundaries of consent and refrain from kinkshaming.

17 Likes

Fuq ya!!!

4 Likes

Count me in, ill bring some spiced wines and spirits.

3 Likes

What better way to recognise the virtues of freedom and liberty than through military occupation?

I think Iā€™ll pass.

I have to say though, seeing as Gen. Soter is taking advantage of the occasion to grandstand his political aspirations, Iā€™d have expected something a little more respectful.

After all, nothing speaks to the hearts and minds of potential voters like the kind of overindulgent excess that the locals are very likely to find distasteful.

This is the perfect opportunity for Soter to show that he can act like a statesman, and this crowing and display of self-satisfaction in the faces of those youā€™ve bested in combat greatly undermines that.

Heā€™s not some second rate-celebrity desperate for the next tabloid headline, or trying to win some low-brow Galnet pseudo-reality popularity contest show.

Although as I say that, I realise that with Gallente politics, how often is there any difference?

5 Likes

Bataav, to be honest the campaign rally was my idea, not Soterā€™s. Really the whole thing is my idea, so if you want to throw barbs throw them at me. Heā€™s not low-brow, but I am especially when it comes to entertaining an alliance full of rogues and pirates who have fought hard and long for months.

1 Like

I miss Saxon Hawke. ILFā€™s new leadership is such a whiny little prat.

See you at the dance?

Who me? Most likely. Iā€™d hate to miss a chance to celebrate and applaud my Gallente bretheren.

2 Likes

But are the locals ā€˜potential votersā€™? I mean, if theyā€™re the kind of folks you paint them as, are they likely to surrender their Caldari megacorporate citizenship in order to register to vote in the Federation?

Tell me, how much orgying is actually expected to take place at this soirƩe?

I didnā€™t suggest he was. In fact I specifically said he was above this.

When I referred to potential voters, I had meant those back home in the Federation.

That said, Iā€™m given to understand that due to the number of years that GalMil have occupied some systems in Black Rise, there are some among them, Gen. Soter included if Iā€™m not mistaken, who believe it to actually be Federation territory, regardless of the reality of the situation.

Iā€™ve no doubt that over those years, plenty Federal citizens will have relocated to the region bringing with them their suffrage.

Who knows. Perhaps Iā€™m doing the event a disservice. Maybe itā€™ll break through the apathy that too often plagues the Federal system, and this will catch the fleeting attention of voters, wherever they may be.

Iā€™ve heard rumours that it will be at least 3.

1 Like

Innnnnnnnterestingā€¦

Itā€™s only fair. Soter is and was typically one of the first to criticize the ILF even under Saxon Hawkeā€™s leadership and Suresha Bataav was as vigilant against his interference then as he is today. Vero, on the other hand, has routinely shown greater decorum on behalf of the GMVA considering that when the cards were down she sent troops to aid Intaki Prime whereas Soter was busy doing something of great importance. I canā€™t recall what it was for the life of me but Iā€™m certain there was something of valueā€¦

Oh right, he was busy downplaying the platforms of other candidates while waving his own flag for the election.

2 Likes

Soter. Importance. Pick one.

Then what does it matter if the locals might find it distasteful?

What Iā€™m seeing here is that Soter is getting criticized for this party being ā€œlow-browā€ instead of me, when it is entirely my ideaā€¦ and getting none of the credit for GMVAā€™s deployment to Intaki, which is something he was directly involved in planning and executing. Not to mention that he is responsible in large part for the development of GMVA as a military power so that it even had the capability to intervene as it did.

This is much ado about nothing. If this warzone had been captured last week, there would have been no campaign rally. If it got captured next week, President Rodenā€™s ā€œnormalizationā€ process would already be complete. It is a coincidence that the dates happened to line up for March 28th.

Also, youā€™re all talking about the rally as if it were being held in the heart of Caldari territory to be purposefully antagonistic, when I specifically noted that it would be taking place in Vlillirier. If weā€™re talking about purposefully antagonizing people, I rather think completing the military campaign to take the system in the first place will have been worse than having a party to celebrate.

ILF of all people should be aware that the State Protectorate did much worse than throw parties on space stations when they last had the chance.

1 Like

Donā€™t mistake me, Vero. I said nothing of the sort regarding any rallies. My apathy toward the going-ons of GMVA is leagues. I merely suggested that Suresha Bataav was not quite the whining prat he was accused of being when he has done what he always has, even under Saxon Hawkeā€™s mentorship and guidance.

haha they gonna fugg

1 Like

Iā€™ve not criticised Soter here.

I am critical about the tone of the event itself, however.

It doesnā€™t really matter that you personally came up with idea and not Soter, this has GMVAā€™s name all over it, and like it or not that means his name and reputation is intrinsically bound to it.

Heā€™s standing for election!

He wants to be President! Glorious leader of the Gallente Federation! And, should he follow one victory with another and achieve that goal, heā€™s going to be representing the Federation to the rest of New Eden, including to the Caldari State.

Showing a little magnanimity in victory now is definitely going to reap better diplomatic rewards than figuratively , and literally, flapping your genitals in the faces of those youā€™ve beaten, in a manner thatā€™s so obviously intended to provoke a reaction.

But I donā€™t fight for either militia, why do I care?

In my experience groups from both sides have visited abuse, violence and death on Intaki and its people.

While we Intaki understand that the cycle of life and death is infinite, the willingness to simply rebuild and recover each time the Federation or State feel the need to inflict pain upon the other is not.