Ganking and PVP: Numbers in perspective

I do hope you are being sarcastic here, but just in case I will refer you to one of your own posts…

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/thanks-ccp-for-such-unfair-game/372246/7?u=jint_hikaru

1 Like

11 Likes

I wonder how much would game profit by not allowing the Red Sefety setting in high sec. Outlaving criminal activity by a CONCORD safety settings in every ship.

CCP could even make an event and try that for some time, to test things. :thinking:

2 Likes

PVP in New Eden is very bad to the pilot security status.

The other day in Lowsec I had attacked an Amarr Pilot Capsuleer and even though I am Minmatar I notice that I lost 0.5299% of a point from my status.

This is crazy in Lowsec to lose so much from one action. It was on a Open PVP Gate too.
If Faction War is going to be like this I think I might pass and stick with pve.

After All I am a Miner!

I believe it’s the capsule kill that generated the larger sec status hit. Just killing the Caracal would have been significantly smaller.

3 Likes

Still it is punishment to pvp to even take status away when it was not a criminal act.

If you killed a pod in lowsec, it is the only criminal act in lowsec I’m aware of.

Also your sec status penalty depends on the sec status of the victim. If they’re 5.1 then you’re going to take a larger hit than if they’re 0.1.

I went to shoot at the head of state inside his fortified empire space. The Amarr Emperor ordered the removal of my ship and my lifepod was destroyed. I was suspect at the time as I was there due to direct military orders that had been passed down by the Minmatar Republic.

i realy didn’t saw because my overview is screwed to friends
BUT
nowadays if NON militia enter militia complexes they become suspect
that was made to be because there is a power unbalance between militia and pirates
pirates are more powerful because they can dock in any dock , militia can only dock in their empires dock
and pirates use to scam militia and bring counter ships / blinged ships in the last minute to incite FOMO and get a fight
now the militia guy can see the pirate blinking yellow wen he enters making easier to identify if its a pirate or other militia guy
they can also engage the pirates in the gate with no penalty and no aggression by the gate guns during that suspect period

pro tip , you are in a medium , nothing on DSCAM, dude starts blinking , ITS A CURSE RUNNNNNNN

IMO its a balanced system

anyway low sec have a bit o SEC so you take some sec status for fighting neutrals , just don’t pod and its fine , in the case of suspects or war targets you don’t take the hit

A balanced system with the secruity status drop for engaging into pvp while in lowsec?

I think then nulsec is the best place to Faction War then as I feel one should not be discouraged to pvp in lowsec. Minmatar vs Amarr are at war and taking security rating off a pilot I see as not being very balanced at all in that scenario.

Does CCP want pve capsuleers to start faction war fighting or not?

you don’t lose sec status for fighting in the war
just for attacking neutrals (pirate stuff)

• if the neutral attack you first you enter in a duel and you can defend yourself with no penalty
    this is a important change that i missed to say in my last post
    if the pirate enter your plex you can attack him with no sec penalty (because he turns suspect), not the case before the change
1 Like

So the change in Uprising will show this? Did they solve the issue of being in a Corp at the same time as signing up for militia?

i don’t know
im talking about the a old change that make pirates turn suspect wen enter plex
for what i know you can register your entire corp in the militia, and them your corp enter the alliance amarr empire

1 Like

This is why I could never join the holly amarr empire!

suspect
If it wasn’t for the level 5 Diplomacy I would be attacked in Amarr Empire Space

:frowning:
you are to cute to be a minmatar

:blush:
PVP Friends then?

1 Like

The Uprising Blog states slated for Q1 of 2023 in the 3rd paragraph under the spinning ship animation

Currently the option for this phase of Uprising will only allow non FW participants to participate in the PVE stuff. Particularly The Mining and hacking.
This will allow non-fw participants to contribute to the effort without having to join directly.
We’ll see in January about the actual PVP integration of non-fw players, this would be in regard to the actual capturing of complexes and achieving other mission objectives related to the front line system that you currently need to be a formal member of FW to participate.

I thought it would be the other way round where the hacking / mining gates are locked unless the pilot is a part of the FW.

/
Also I heard (watch a vod from myeve Ashterothi o7)
The Amarr pilots can’t access the Minmatar mining gates
Minmatar Pilots won’t have access to the Amarr gates etc

It went on the mention about how the same applied to Caldari & Gallente with their Faction gates though not sure if Caldari or Gallente

Then something about the type of rats and the pilots needing backup or support.
(not sure how that works if solo)

I am not going to be that bull storming out of the gate but I do wish to somehow progress my points in the pvp stuff to gain access to the new LP itemm sand ships.

The remarkable thing is that we can actually put some data together and arrive at our own meaningful stats. To the extent that we can definitively state that ganking is not the major cause of noobs leaving. Actual mathematical proof…

1. We know from the CCP stats you mentioned elsewhere from 2019 that about 10,744 first logins occur every week.

2. We know from your data ( and I independently arrived at similar figures ) that about 100 people are ganked every day…or 700 a week.

3. You later argued that the true figure for ganking may be up to 4 times higher. I don’t accept that, but even if I did…that would be 2800 a week, and we know most ganking is not of noobs in their first week. It’s only a small portion.

4. Even if we did generously allow for half of all ganks being noobs in the first week, that would be 1400 a week. And yet CCPs figures show that out of 10,744…9642 have left within the first week. That means a full 85% of all those leaving within the first week were not ganked. I suspect the true figure is well over 95%.

5. That is a highly conservative estimate based on allowing even the most wildly high figures for ganks within first week. But the true purpose was in any case to show that even with allowing such wildly liberal levels of ganking we still see that the huge majority of leavers have NOT left due to ganking…because they were not ganked !

2 Likes