Ganking from Alpha account SHOULDNT be allowed

That’s not the argument.

The argument was that alphas shouldn’t have access to end game content. And if blobbing a freighter on hisec is endgame, then I’d say so is blobbing a titan.

But it makes no sense to me that alphas should be restricted from ‘end-game’ content. Rather they should be restricted by power.

2 Likes

In the context of “normal” PvP endgame content is defined by ship types. Flying T1 ships with T1 fits is alpha-level content, fielding T2 and capital ships is endgame content. So yes, a swarm of alphas can kill a particular target, but only by using sheer numbers to overcome their weaker individual ships. There’s still plenty of incentive to buy a real account and unlock further progression into better ships. But that same incentive doesn’t exist with suicide ganking, an alpha can do all there is to do and has no reason to ever subscribe.

Isn’t it the same for suicide ganking?

They use overwhelming numbers to make the kill. They cannot fully train a catalyst. They cannot fully train a talos. They cannot train stealth bombers.

They have not unlocked the full potential of ganking.

1 Like

It isn’t really the same because the gap is much smaller. They can’t fully train a gank ship to all Vs, but they can still fly the ship with decent skills and reach most of the full potential. Contrast that with “normal” PvP where logistics ships, covert ops cloaks, capitals, etc, are all completely off-limits on top of having the same limitation of not having all Vs on T1 ships/fits.

1 Like

What are you guys even argueing about?

A hating liar creates a thread about a non-issue and you start helping him creating the illusion of an issue. You’re being used as tools and he’s laughing his deranged ass off.

There’s zero reason why alphas should be limited in their game-play outside of whatever it is they’d be doing to bot and RMT. That’s why, in general, they’re limited in capabilities, while still being able to do the vast majority of ■■■■. They’re just not really “good” at it, as they should.

“Incentivizing” is ■■■■■■■■. The proper, non-corporate-speak, actually on point word is “baiting” and when people want to subscribe they’ll do so anyway. If they require bait, then they did not actually want to subscribe by their own choice.

Bait is for drug addicts. When you get them hooked, they’re not going to sub because of the game, but because of the drug administered to him.

The only drug that’s actually okay here is adrenaline, because that’s not given by CCP, it’s given through player actions. Any and all drugs given by CCP so far have proven to be a rather stupid idea only attracting people who want to play to get the next fix, but not for playing’s sake.

Stop being daft, please?

3 Likes

It’s almost like there is reasonable cause to believe that there are people using illegal methods to multibox alphas to gank. There have been enough people who have bragged about multiboxing alphas after all.
You are falling into the trap of dismissing the thought because of who said it. Eventually they have to say something that at least is close to a point, even if most of it is terrible.
And with CCPs inability to limit alpha multiboxing exploits they do need to consider which ways they can be abused badly and close them. Ganking is one of those ways.

1 Like

The only flaw I can see with this argument is CCP has the numbers, if they routinely saw that Hanks were occurring with alpha accounts they would have stepped in.

Have you seriously not seen how slow they are to step in most of the time…

1 Like

I have, they are quite slow but acknowledge and correct too.

In regards to the OP
Limit alpha ability to fly larger ships,
Limit alpha access to mission
Limit alpha access to faction gear

Do NOT limit alpha access to PVP regardless of the type of PVP

1 Like

If they are doing something illegal report it.

You don’t design around that.

/facepalm

2 Likes

:thinking:

You are wrong, stop blaming alphas. Also upgrade the potato you play on so it doesn’t take 5 seconds for the undock to load and then use an instawarp bookmark. ezpz.

I’m pretty sure part of the reason gankers gank is because they get a dopamine rush when their victim drops something shiny.

Hey, it’s at least as reasonable as anything Naari Naarian has said.

1 Like

stop whinging and asking for proof of this and that when you already know what hes saying is true; it just makes you look like an idiot troll; rise above it ser.

And that goes for the rest of you too, though i should hardly be surprised as its most likely you guys that are using alpha clones to do this.

1 Like

So saying we shouldn’t design around exploits (imagined or otherwise) is whining?

You always seemed to have a better grasp of software design than that, guess I was wrong.

i read it like ‘‘if they are exploiting, the solution is to NOT design around it and to punish honest players’’
and then
‘’ op needs to provide proof’’

Then you should work on your reading skills.

we all know this happens. proof is not needed.

mmm?

1 Like