Ganking has not gone far enough

Exactly , vaporised I mean it takes heavy damage or even destroyed. It’s not a solid object like a bullet, it has rooms, compartments , etc, so with such an impact it would be e totally destroyed or suffer catastrofic damage, also deviating the big object from course a little too

Bullets aren’t always solid, and the ones that aren’t do far more damage than the ones that are, because they transfer the energy more efficiently.

A solid round will put a hole in you, a hollow one will turn a pretty big chunk of you into dog meat.

1 Like

Yes but the point is the bullet gets ruined either way, and ships aren’t build to do damaged but to fly, generate power, it must have space for pilot, engines ,generators , hidraulic fluidsz etc. That make it fragile so will not do SIGNIFICANT damage to big object( Wich has same specs as the small one, but has SIGNIFANCT more armor ) also comparing bullet and ship speeds , ships don’t get that fast I think. Not sure on a bullet speed

Aiko frowned, consulting an engineering manual, “Actually, the fragility of the impacting ship does not minimize damage. As Jonah observed, greater fragility will actually enable the ship to flow like a fluid, and transmit energy more efficiently.” She got a calculator from her desk, pink and covered in stickers, “I’m not sure how much damage is caused by a ship collision, but…” she kept typing in numbers, “… but I imagine it’s not a trivial amount of damage.”

1 Like

Freighters aren’t armoured, they’re literally boxes with engines.

7.62×51mm NATO

|Bullet mass/type|Velocity
| — | — | — |
|147 gr (10 g) M80 FMJ|2,820 ft/s (860 m/s)
|175 gr (11 g) M118 Long Range BTHP|2,624 ft/s (800 m/s)

Ship/ Mass Velocity
Machariel 500MN MWD 144,680,000 kg approx 5000 m/s.
1 Like

Tell that to the shipyard engineers tasked with installing the Capital Armor Plates.

2 Likes

That’s a shipyard scam, those capital armour plates they use on freighters, cheap Minmatar knockoffs made from whats left over at the ship(wreck)yard

5 Likes

Only racist if you’re not Minmatar :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

EVE Online could use a ganking holiday. I was loading through space and saw way too many miners sitting in highsec belts mining away.

It’s so sad to see these people, some of whom are paying real money for Omega time to fly some of these ships, waste their loves only playing a tiny portion of what EVE has to offer. There is more to the game than mining Veldspar.

We need more pirates, more gankers, more miners dying abd blowing up in highsec belts!

3 Likes

Yeah, it was looking like that for a while, then World War Bee happened…

1 Like

40 Posts have been removed for Topic Hijacking, Off topic Posting and trolling. Several edge cases regarding Bumping have been left, as it is related to the topic of Ganking.

~Buldath

1. Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

Trolling
Flaming
Ranting
Personal Attacks
Harassment
Doxxing
Racism & Discrimination
Hate Speech
Sexism
Spamming
Bumping
Off-Topic Posting
Pyramid Quoting
Rumor Mongering
New Player Bashing
Impersonation
Advertising

2 Likes

Only addressing one suggestion from the OP: CCP will not bring back 15km deviation on warping to a gate. The server database got clogged with maintaining every character’s “gate zero” bookmark sets for every gate in EVE.

1 Like

Yes, but they could find a programming solution I’m sure. For example, they could forbid bookmarks with 15km of the gate, or they could simply deploy a warp bubble at the gate.

1 Like

40 posts were removed? What were you people going on about? Start over I guess, the conversation seems to have disappeared.

1 Like

It makes sense actually. If people are so very concerned about the damage bumping can do to ships, imagine the danger of a freighter warping into a stargate. CONCORD should enforce that freighters cannot warp closer to the gate than 15 kilometers (larger distance in systems that see a lot of traffic) and using illegal bookmarks should result in swift termination of the offending freighter by CONCORD.

1 Like

Yes, exactly! Finally there will be a purpose for gate guns!

1 Like

If you place a bookmark where you’re not supposed to, such as inside a celestial, when you warp to it you are spat out again at high velocity. Perhaps this mechanic would work well for the 15km zone around the gate? I’d love to see a freighter go hypersonic.

Why don’t we just make high sec smaller and shift large parts of it in to low sec. Keep the starter systems high sec for the new players though.

2 Likes

Looks like not only there is no barrier for you to kill as many miners as you want, but there are plenty of targets out there and they keep mining regardless, so you may keep killing them again and again. So what exactly is this “problem” you’re trying to solve? Why would you want to kill them at a gate when you may just keep killing them at the belts?

I heard on the grapevine that this is how it worked at first, but anyway this feature still exists, it’s called autopilot, and there are plenty of pilots out there using it precisely because they’re eager to engage you in PvP. You just have to find them, cannot pretend that CCP will do that for you too… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

EDIT: Ah, wait! I may have misread and this might actually supposed to be a serious (albeit misguided) thread… :smile:

Are you trying to say that the reason you gank miners is because you have a hard time finding better fights? Doesn’t make much sense to me because you just have to check zKill to see there are plenty of good fights happening in low sec every day, sometimes in high sec too, and even when it appears to be an uninteresting kill you could always go there to shoot the gate campers that got the kill if you’re really that interested…

1 Like

Yeah, that’s incorrect.