Ganking is a rediculous word to use in EvE, it is PvP where Concord shoots the winner

Oh yeah sure :joy:

Nah, the word you’re looking for is Knightly

Suicide ganking may indeed be a criminal act, but it is a valid in-game mechanic, so we should probably stop complaining about it, shouldn’t we?

Podding someone in lowsec is also a criminal act, but I don’t see anyone whining on the forums about it, do I?

2 Likes

Your posting is criminal, especially the repetitive crap that occurs when people disagree with your personal definition of what is and what is not covered by the term ganking.

2 Likes

Elite HiSec PvP is about winning. The strategies James 315 developed can be seen as perfecting the strategies of generals like Vo Nguyen Giap, Hannibal Barkas and James Kabarebe.

By always be the one choosing the battlefield and weapons used by both CODE. and the opponent, we always win. Always.

Some people claim we only chose opponents that can’t shoot back. While that is in line with the strategy to attack an unprepared opponent, the assertion is laughable wrong. And it has been proved wrong on a daily basis.
People could believe that the player rookies pod is an innocent newbie, but in reality, he is a 10-year veteran and LowSec killer with a well-established killboard. In another word, he is a typical CODE. opponent.

Yesterday we met him at the Uedama Gate in Sivala. The first round in the battle was him in a 56m ISK Wolf and a 2.7b pod against 4 2m ISK Thrashers. Those that not know CODE. would say that it was an unfair battle, rookies pod had 7 times more expansive ship than us, but the battle ended in the only way possible, CODE. won! Did CODE. beat the odds? No, we had the Code on our side and it is worth more than 56m ISK. (For just 10m ISK you can also have it, just send me the ISK and I will send you a permit. Remember the old saying, permit tank is best tank.)

Did he acknowledge the defeat and continue home to wherever he lives? No, he re-shipped, hoping that a 76m Ishkur would beat us. Did he believe that the way to victory was by spending more ISK? We will never know for sure, but he was once again soundly beaten.

Did he learn from his mistakes? Would he take the Code to his heart and learn how to do Elite HiSec PvP? No, as a true carebear he instead re-shipped into an even blingier ship, a 185m ISK Sabre. Would this be the doom of the brave CODE. fighters? Of course not. He charged heedlessly toward our heroes and it ended the only way it could, the Code won. As Always. Always!

Did he kill any of the brave CODE. fighters? No, but he whored on one CONCORD killmail. 47% is actually pretty good for someone going up against the mighty CODE. . But it was still in vain, it didn’t change anything in the battle.

2 Likes

Thank you Minx for that very informative ( but not entirely truthful version of events )

Now for my small yet unimportant side of the story ^^

The first kill was due to be being afk, but the result would have been the same. 5 Thrashers vs 1 wolf = no more wolf.

Then the Ishkur, yeah … fair loss. Was trying to figure out how to activate my kill right on you and then there were reds all around me. Poof!! Back to the drawing board.

Last but not least the Sabre, really wanted to tank long enough to take out at least two of ya’ll. but was only able to take out one ^^

I do however believe that should it be a fair fight ( 1 vs 1 ) I will take each of the player on my three loses out in which ever ship they choose to fight in against me, providing that it is the same hull class of ship.

I won’t deny that your methods are highly effective, but they lack … ( what is the term? ) a decent set of balls to go toe to toe with anyone in a fair manner.

The manner of fairness does differ from person to person, but on equal grounds ( not code grounds ) I reckon i’d have a good chance. :wink:

Either way gratz on the kills and thank you for taking the time to write such a lengthy and detailed post.

Cheers and Fly safe … ( or in your cases gank unmercilessly ) :wink:

Rookie

1 Like

You are welcome!
And I hope we will see you soon again, hopefully in our fleets and not at the other end of it.

1 Like

No offense, but of you’re expecting any fair fights in EVE, you came to the wrong neighborhood :wink:

1 Like

This concept doesn’t exist in Eve; if you find yourself in one, someone screwed up.

2 Likes

Im not complaining about it.

Im just stating the definition of it.

Thats seems to anger some people enormously.

“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.”

4 Likes

Good description of the Humpties here trying to re-define terms.

“The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.”

2 Likes

Doesn’t look like anyone’s getting angry to me.

As an autistic person myself, it looks like they’re just ridiculing how autistic your pedantry is with the definition of the word ‘gank’ right now.

People are laughing at you dood.

3 Likes

The answer is no, or the text of Lewis Carroll’s (pseudonym) “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland” would be indecipherable.

Maybe in Wonderland words mean what you want, but not IRL.

Hmmm…

You say that, but at least I have a good reason for being autistic on the forums.

What’s your excuse?

2 Likes

Just stating the etymological root of a term, and its definition.

Yeah but this is the EVE Online forums.

Not the Dictionary.com forums.

Words are defined, whether you like it or not.

And donuts are round. So what? Again, this is EVE Online, not a dictionary. Your opinion has been noted. You are being contrarian for its own sake and if it isn’t apparent to you by now that nobody cares, and they’re going to continue to use the word as it’s traditionally been used for fifteen years now, then there really is no helping you.

This is a banal argument contributing exactly nothing of value to a discussion about ganking with no endgame, and you know it. Grow the ■■■■ up.

1 Like