Ganking, or rather the Right to Gank

In hauling for example if you use a blockade runner and fly it correctly, there is no way someone can even lock you. There is of course always the possibility on smartbombs, but it would need massive amounts since they have quite a lot of tank and superhuman timing. I’m not sure someone has even tried that even. Would probably cost a fortune.

As for mining, a tank fitted Skiff in a 1.0 would need ~50 t2 fitted Catalysts to kill. Appart from burn jita not even CODE. has fleets that big and if they have they go for more lucrative targets than a Skiff.

Most gankers will simply ignore Skiffs right away. Even without tank fitting they need a substantial amount of gankers to kill. It’s not impossible, but very very unlikely.

That is what I mean when I say the target makes it easy. There are plenty of people who use paper thin Hulks and Macks and their t1 variants to mine. A lot of them switch to Skiffs if they see a ganker in system, so they actually know the risk.

5 Likes

CODE. are Carebears who can do nothing more than illicit large fleets of alts to gank with because their actual real characters wouldn’t stand a chance in any fleet engagement against a real PvP fleet.

Oh and thr guy in the bonus room was in a corp with one of my alts once. I dont really have any sympathy for him tbh.

You need to get with the other carebears on these forums and work out whether we’re a bunch of bored nullsec players in the endgame, or a bunch of carebears who can’t handle fleets.

That’s really not my deal.

3 Likes

Seeing as how your last activity regarding PvP took place in 2017…I doubt it very much.

1 Like

Doubt what? That’s not even coherent to what I said.

:rofl: Is english not your first language or something?

2 Likes

Obviously you can’t apply what was written to what you wrote.

Yeah, I only really speak 'murrican. I don’t know any ‘forum weirdo’.

2 Likes

Go back to the cooler of being a forum Troll where you belong.

There is no such language as ‘murrican.’

Reads like you are phishing.

I read them.

The fight is on :sunglasses::popcorn:

2 Likes

Is also the only reason why I started to play eve in the first place… I just can’t enjoy game that has nothing at stake.

ehh, you have not been flying through rancer? Cans, cans everywhere. It is possible to place cans correctly and just prevent you from cloaking in the first place. One detail though - it is not sure to work, and it requires a lot of work to setup correctly, and properly fit br can still escape as it can get into territory of sub 3s align time - forcing you to use (near)instalock.

Was the other team bullying, though?

You have this… weird attitude about you. Out of one side of your face you seem to express irritation at being lumped into a category with people, and out of the other side of it you’re more than willing to do that yourself to the people you don’t like.

There are assholes on both sides, for sure. But Galaxy, dude… That means on your side too. I don’t like some of the things you all do, but chief among them has to be this contrived “carebear” chip you carry around.

You know full well what the point I’ve tried to make is, but you’re free to keep acting like a tool, I guess.

I have nothing against you, bruh, but it seems like you’re one of the assholes on your side.

P.S. one of the other reasons why minerbumping exists is to get post-explosion jollies out of game. I’ve read it, I see how amazingly butthurt some of your victims can be. But they don’t have to get butt hurt for you to post about it, and mock it. And in a few cases, your alliance mates will needle at their victims specifically to get that response.
Two childish things do not equal out to an adult response.

The thing is, Galaxy… I don’t believe I’ve ever said that I don’t think that miner bumping, or your play style, or your website, or your alliance should exist. The only thing I think I’ve ever said, is that you know damn well that what you’re doing is designed to piss people off, and that whatever airs of nobility you want to attach to it are unnecessary. Just say you’re doing it because you want to.

(Now say something about a page of tears.)

1 Like

Read ups like this make me want to log back in and give this whole whirl another spin. <3

And for the record, I do know that there is an absolute metric buttload of people who are just too lazy to take even the most rudimentary steps to keep themselves alive. I’ve seen the fits that get posted on y’all’s website, or on the “Imperium” (I liked it better as it’s former name.) site.

And yes, I know the Codes guiding rule is a rather tongue-in-cheek statement about sacrificing survivability for profit.

I do appreciate the math there. It’s always good to see the mindset of someone who is a professional what they do.

1 Like

Then it wouldn’t be EvE. You know, every time one of my coworkers talks up the game, (because I do know some people who played at work.) I always envisioned getting a character built that could fly the cloaky ships. Not because I never wanted to get blown up, but because like you said… There would be that element of risk. They would be the notion that I would live or die based off of whether or not I made a mistake with my invisibility.

I watched Dominant Slave Commander and his 20 Orcas AFK mine in Niarja this afternoon. Maybe the cure failed or got hijacked by the disease? But apparently CODE loves carebearism.

1 Like

Freighter ganking has decreased in activity by huge margins. There are like literally a handful of people doing this aside from the seemingly now rare Miniluv gank (I think after the last Burn Jita that it fell off a ton).

Jason Kusion, Australian Excellence, Benji Rackner, and another friendo in Pandemic Horde are basically it right now. The bar for what is gank-worthy has risen in the past years and increasing gank cost will just raise the bar more. Ganks will still happen and there will still be pushes from the community for nerfs.

So is ganking really the impending doom of an issue as lots of people make it to be? Absolutely not.

That is absolutely crazy. Game mechanics aren’t Illuminati secrets. Everyone has access to the same resources and opportunities to learn. Filling a triple expanded freighter with 12b isn’t an example of knowing less, but that the pilot made errors in judgement.

I know I’m living in the past with this but Hyperdunking was exactly this. It required 5 characters: Bump Machariel, Bowhead pilot, Ganker that was skilled into Purifier and Hound (ideally with Covops 5 and T2 torps), a looter in a DST/Freighter that would very often go suspect to loot, and a concord pulled.

It required grid manipulation, skilled bumping, and the ability to multibox effectively. People cried because this activity that was able to be ruined by a T1 logi or a cheap bumping stabbed was seemingly unfair. That sounds like a lot of skill training and isk invested in ganking if you ask me. It was also something that was considered to take a lot of effort and focus to setup and perform, so much that only like 3-4 people in the whole game did it regularly.

The changes and nerfs that have happened are done and in the past. I’m just saying like honestly… check Home | zKillboard and you will a very surprising drop off in the amount of freighter ganking. Like I said, all this heralding about ganks is really aimed at like 4-5 people and very occasionally - Miniluv. I wonder why those that were incredibly active gankers have fallen off…

You talk as if you think you have enough experience to warrant saying that it is without proportionate amounts of risk, time/resource investment, and difficulty. Sure, being a F1 monkey for a gank fleet is cake, but try being the guy organizing the whole thing. The guy fitting all the ships, scouting, bumping, calculating what’s needed for the gank, scooping, and general FC’ing. What’s even more difficult is not herding cats around, but doing it all yourself either solo or with a small group of friends. So I have a hard time feeling sympathy for someone that makes it overwhelming worth it to be ganked.

5 Likes