Ganking, or rather the Right to Gank

I personally feel what makes ganking “difficult” is the limitations that individuals are willing to push themselves to get the job done. I respect what Jason and Australian do because they put a lot of time and effort into it. I wouldn’t respect them as much if they were able to complete the same end-objective with a fraction of the effort.

To be honest I don’t know if there’s a real “fix” or “revamp” that’ll accomplish both making ganking more skillful and more fun. I really just see nerfs that would maybe try to accomplish one or the other.

I dunno, I personally hope CCP makes some changes to highsec and many activities I either enjoy or have once enjoyed, but I won’t hold my breath. I just ask you and others maybe not look at the small handful of turbo-nerds and try to judge if it’s balanced or not.

Sorry if my post had some sass in it. I’m just used to people being on one side or the other of extreme. CCP also has a tendency to not budge or appear to listen until the internet has basically caught on fire, so an ignorant or “parroting” mob is something that concerns me.

3 Likes

yeah and making it 40x more expensive would be easy profitable if every freighter was 120bil :roll_eyes:

lol, youd cry 100x more if it was 1 guy with 5 characters ganking a triple bulked freighter then it was a single guy with 30

I totally believe you, link the kills

I always find it funny people saying theres no risk or skill involved in freighter ganking. if it was so easy and there was no risk, why are there only 5-10 people doing 99% of it? Surely it’s better isk per hour and more enjoyable pvping than playing vs bots in the crap missions/pve this game has to offer

2 Likes

Carebears are people who come to the forums demanding changes to make the game more save for their chosen gameplay. Simply mining does not make you a carebear.

7 Likes

:sob::sob::sob::sob: 5 guys do all the ganking, its such a huge problem!!! Im gonna sook on the forums about how its so easy, I mean it looks super easy. And look at the isk they make?! why doesnt my mining barge make 500mil per hour, its not fair wahh waaaahhhh :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

Why is that the Ganker always blames the freighter pilot for having too much freight in their freighter as the reason they get ganked?

The Gankers are trying to create this reality that they are somehow helping the freighter by ganking them because the freighter had too much cargo and that they wouldn’t have been ganked if they had less cargo.

The p[problem with Gankers is that they don’t want to lose their bling ships or have their ego’s hurt in Null Sec but toot their horns about how they are saving freighter pilots by ganking them because they have too much cargo.

2 Likes

Gankbears are those who gank in High Sec using cheap ships and war dec small corporations blasting them into dust and raise themselves high in the pedastool about their claims of being masters of High Sec.

But when asked why can’t they form an empire in Null, defend and expand their empire with their exceptional PvP skills not to mention immense wealth…all you hear is crickets and frogs chirping.

1 Like

TIL Marmites are gankbears.

1 Like

You assume that null is endgame… it is not. Wormholes are closer to it but they are not it either. In fact there is no endgame – just try enforcing who mines your moon in hisec. Way harder than in other areas of space.

And, obviously, The Imperium.

Well I most certainly didn’t put the cargo in the freighter for them.

I don’t actually care to help any freighter pilot unless the solicit me for advise or education. Given the choice to gank one freighter with 6b in it or another freighter that is empty, you would of course gank the 6b.

The truth is that ganking empty or low value freighters isn’t a rampant issue. I remember the days when CODE. was burning Uedama to the ground and every single freighter was killed - empty or not. It’s just just some cop out to turn the blame around, but it’s actual truth. The truth is you very unlikely to get ganked when you’re empty or unprofitable to gank.

I know plenty of gankers that pvp in other areas of space while keeping ganking a hobby of theirs. Funny how you have to use assumption to try and reinforce some strange point you’re trying to make.

2 Likes

you don’t?
aw
I thought you filled them up then shot them to put some dank numbers on your kb :stuck_out_tongue:
/s

All my nice kills are elaborately staged deceits. I pay for it all and then pay for someone to fly it around so I can kill them!

2 Likes

You’re a nutjob.

1 Like

Everything seems easy to do when you master it.

my money is on the Koreans…

they certainly didn’t intend to buy a niche game that appeals only to a few creeps

and unless you have a degree, you’re just silly :stuck_out_tongue:

I just have trouble with the nonconsensual PvP ANYWHERE part of it …

allows creeps to make themselves a nuisance

I predict PA will change that

Eve is all about non-consensual interactions. If it wasn’t it would have died long ago.

So you have trouble with the core game design of EVE? Ok…

Many carebears do, but why should they? CCPs research shows conclusively that nonconsensual PvP is not the issue, there are other things they can do who actually have an impact on player retention.

4 Likes

They looked at it more than once. Don’t you think if the problem was as real as the carebears make it look like they would have at least found some hints in the data by now?