[Good Samaritan] Saving up for my first Super, FAX, & Titan through elite pvp (UP TO 110b!)

So a thing happened last night… A thing that I’ve attempted to do for maybe a year or so on and off, but just never really found the right participant. There’s not really a whole lot to say about this except that it leaves everyone with a lot of questions:

What is the meaning of life?
Where did I put my poopsock?
Are minerals really free if you mine them yourself?
Do people enjoy torturing themselves by hauling virtual goods around?

I’m not sure we’ll ever really find out the answers to any of these questions (seriously I need to find my poopsock) but the best I can do is share with you my latest experience of being left completely dumbfounded.

Tonight’s story starts off with our glorious hero zipping around the depths of New Eden. Policing the trade lanes is a lonely job at times, but someone’s got to protect our weak and feeble-minded. As per usual I pick up hostile comms on my long-range scanner and I move to action.

Knowing that I had to act fast before the infamous CODE. gank fleet arrived, I hailed the freighter in distress…

Sadly there must have been some kind of glitch in the system and the freighter pilots ship vaporized in thin air!

[ 2017.07.28 21:18:56 ] yuni Plaude > thanks for the lesson

Hey, if you’re inclined to learn I’ll teach you all day…

TOTAL:
1.1b in loot dropped (or 12 VNI’s for me to duel with)

NEXT!

So being in Honorable Third Party we like to play with the residents of Providence a lot. When I spotted a poor provi hauler in dire need of help, I couldn’t help myself but act with kindness and compassion!

Well then… how rude! The bumper was never allowed to get to his second reason.

I kindly offered the poor pilot some help

TOTAL:
1b in loot dropped

BONUS:
A clear lack of game knowledge…

Harok Audeles > well if i give you duel rights they can all kill me aswell if your in fleet with them
Lacie LaFleur > no
Lacie LaFleur > its limited engagement for just me
Lacie LaFleur > I’m in a hauler dude
Lacie LaFleur > seriously
Harok Audeles > ok done

Finally! The part of the post that demands the most of our inquisitive minds (still no sightings of my poopsock?)

I was a good 10 minutes from calling it quits and turning in for the night when I spotted an Anshar. The burly beast was clearly in danger as our nemesis, the bump machariel was going hull to hull in an intense dance of death. I couldn’t help but step in (I am an honorable hero afterall)!

So if any of you aren’t familiar with how Jump Freighters work, I’ll enlighten you. They are equipped with a jump drive that allows them the option to travel without using conventional Star Gates. To do this they need a fuel specific to the racial Jump Freighter they are piloting. This particular pilot had enough fuel to jump out to a number of systems in near-perfect safety. Typically bumping Jump Freighters is immediately joked about as any pilot with any amount of brain activity would have already prepared an emergency cyno to jump to in the event danger arose…

You will also notice this:

STOP AND FRISK > :slight_smile: Want to live?
Lexie Rotineque > i wouild prefer it yes
STOP AND FRISK > 1b and you go free.
Lexie Rotineque > can you gimme a moment i have to buy plex
Lexie Rotineque > im logging into my paypal
Lexie Rotineque > can i have rouglhy 5?

Hm. That’s interesting. Ok? I figured he was just stalling for time or blue-balling me, so I went on hastily with my heroic deed.

So at this point my heart is racing and I’ve had a miniature panic attack. Did this really just happen?

He then links me this: (I’ve edited the image to avoid any issues with CCP. No he didn’t remove his username from the screenshot. NO I didn’t encourage him to buy PLEX nor did I ask him to do so. I was asking him to send ISK.)

Lexie Rotineque > dude look
Lexie Rotineque > i bought it
Lacie LaFleur > send it now
Lexie Rotineque > its not showing up
Lexie Rotineque > LOOK
Lexie Rotineque > at the link
Lexie Rotineque > ■■■■
Lacie LaFleur > send it
Lexie Rotineque > i ■■■■■■■ cant
Lexie Rotineque > its not showing up
Lexie Rotineque > gimme a minute
Lexie Rotineque > keep me pointed i dont care
Lexie Rotineque > just gimme a sec to figure this out

This whole time there was a Blackbird on grid assumedly ready to jam me out long enough for the Anshar to jump out. While I wanted to get his ISK, there’s no way I was going to let greed get in the way of this heroic act.

So I’ll never quite sure if he was going to pay me or if it was meant to delay or distract me.

So this next and final conclusion to the story is something that I encounter all the time, and it’s quite sad. Here on the official forums, within /r/Eve, and obviously in-game you find more often than not the “caring”, “compassionate”, “harmless”, and “normal” players of EVE Online spewing vile filth and hatred that escapes the realm of a video game and enters our real lives. The sad part is that the only instances where people point it out or comment on the nastiness of it is when it’s coming from a ganker, “griefer”, or labeled scum-lord and directed to the sweet innocent bear-children of New Eden.

Some are humorous and non-threatening salt-posts like this:

Then you have this:

Lexie Rotineque > i really hope you ■■■■■■■ die of cancer you piece of ■■■■
Lacie LaFleur > wow

TOTAL:
440m in loot dropped

BONUS:
While I gladly take Lexie’s deathwish as a suitable amount of salt, there’s plenty more to lol at…

Lexie Rotineque > that was my last ■■■■■■■ 20 bucks
Lacie LaFleur > You can still give it to me if you want

Mefc Ipret > Kill: Lexie Rotineque (Anshar) LIKE WTF!
Jeff Spicolii > That should have never happened
Jeff Spicolii > Must be a war dec

(by the way for those of you that would find it interesting, Jeff Spicolii is Markee Dragon’s freighter alt)

ISK in the “pot”:
29,971,000,000 ISK

1 Like

I would like to learn how to do that, can I contact you through in game to learn how to do all that stuff?

You really can get everything you need from reading this thread.

@R-0-B-0-C-O-P Once again, nice post. It’s amazing that someone with so little knowledge of the game would be flying a Jump Freighter.

2 Likes

Took me a few days of practice to get bumping down good enough to bump for a gank fleet and hyperdunk solo. Just get out there and practice and use your words.

Low hanging fruit…, protected by CONCORD, unimpressed…

OMG!!!

Lacie LaFleur > they ganked my cousin 2 weeks ago

Man, im a hauler, you can gank me, just keep posting and im happy

1 Like

I’m in no way protected by CONCORD. They might act as a deterrence and an added mechanic that requires someone to organize, and trust me… I can totally see how that is beyond your scope of capabilities.

1 Like

Yes you are protected by CONCORD, your bumper is. As I said what you are doing is not impressive in any sense, but if it makes you feel good within yourself then there you go.

Look at me I grab low hanging fruit, as I said not impressed…

You are copying people who have done this before, like Siegfried Cohenberg, this is old hat and stale.

You are mistaking protection with retribution and punishment. There are penalties associated with killing my neutral bump machariel without limited aggression. If you consider those penalties to be a big enough deterrence for you to not do anything, then that’s on you.

I am not claiming to be anyone of importance or that I’ve invented something new here and your hostility is cute. If you want the honest truth though, I’ve worked with Siegfried bumping freighters and have been dueling / ganking as far back as he did. I recognize him as someone who was very vocal about his talents and was the best at the time. He doesn’t play anymore and there are only a few of us left.

I’ve only just now decided to put the ganking, bumping, dueling, and scamming towards a neat goal and document it for people that enjoy this stuff. If you want I can go back and talk about what I’ve done in the past that makes me one of the best at what I do though. I don’t care too if you’re fine with that.

3 Likes

You seem rather defensive, you apply an effective point via the mechanism of bumping which is protected by CONCORD, this means you can do this for hours and no come back. You can waffle on about irrelevant detail on penalties (there are none) or aggression (there is none) as much as you want, but the game play is lame lame lame.

You are simply using an awful game mechanic that puts you in the situation to game people who have no idea how to Eve, which you do very well. I can sit here and say that I am not impressed because it is easy and not especially great game play.

Later on if you manage to kill titans and supers without using bait citadels to turn off tethering then I might be impressed, I am not impressed with bait citadels either…

TLDR You’re projecting. Go troll an author that needs it

You actually came here agressive. Not once did he make a claim to greatness just a neat blog with some fun story to make it intresting. A bunch of people enjoy the way he tells it and thus we read. If you don’t like it you don’t have to read it but there are no points here to contest just facts, chatlogs, pictures and some storycraft

2 Likes

Eve is full of awful mechanics. Really what makes eve interesting, at least to me, is to take these mechanics and make them work in my favor. I also wouldn’t go so far as to say that everyone that does like this, “doesn’t know how to eve”. This is social manipulation and the point is to put the target in a position of helplessness where they would be willing to do even the dumbest of things at a shot of not losing their stuff. You don’t like it, I get it. This is elite pvp though and that’s a fact.

I was talking about penalties associated with someone killing my neutral bump machariel. There are penalties for ganking: security standing loss, loss of ship via concord, and a killright. Some of these are more trivial to others while it’s a huge deal for some. My bump ship is very much vulnerable as this is eve, and you consent to pvp when you undock. Again, we understand… you don’t like bumping. That doesn’t bother me.

So you’re talking about HTP here. I can only say that in my opinion this is what the age of citadels have brought. Moving capitals is 100% safe, and I don’t think you should look down on what others have to do in order to secure a kill after extensive changes are made to the game.

I am curious, but is there something cooler about a Titan dying in 10% TIDI? What about using a blue HIC to tackle a Super or Titan? Surely those must get you all hot? This is eve and the mechanics are mostly ■■■■ and weird. The only thing that’s entertaining is the story and experience. In my case I find humor in the ignorant deaths of others.

3 Likes

What else did he do in this thread Noragen, getting butt hurt about vile filth and coming over all righteous, up to this point I was pretty neutral on this thread, but that holier than though rubbish about people letting off steam for losing something in a game where losing something matters is pretty babyish. So at that point I thought why not point out to him that what he is doing is not especially difficult and pretty lame.

You are taking advantage of a lame mechanic that enables people to get around the normal risk and reward balance in Eve. Also I was referring to your prey as not getting Eve, of course I got it, I have seen this done so many times, spoken to many victims who fell for this and told them what to do next time, stop doing the normal Eve thing of projecting stupid on others. No it is not elite PvP, it is merely the use of a lame mechanic to gain a massive advantage.

There are very few people who gank bumpers, your risk is minimal and you know it and quoting that when you undock you consent to PvP means nothing when you operate when the AG player who ganks bumpers is not on line. So brave of you…, what a great risk you have taken, I am in awe.

I rather get that you like the part about ignorant deaths of others added to them sprouting vile filth in a game where losing something matters., as it should, making a big thing about it above is childish, you should see some of the things thrown at me in null sec after blowing up people, all I can say is my mother has to have been very busy… and I am in awe of her stamina…

Hey Drac, get that bucket of salt of yours and go find some other thread to troll/cry on

Ty
C&P

1 Like

You have a cute way of showing neutrality when the first thing you express is distaste in gameplay that you find inferior, simple, and dishonorable. You are totally allowed to have your opinions and I respect that people are different here just like we are in “real life”.

What I won’t have is you shitting up the thread with self-righteous elitism and half-truths. The is counter play to bumping, and no not everyone wants to participate or is even capable of participating.

There it is! The irony is so ■■■■■■■ insane! I understand and think human emotion is alright, but are comments like that acceptable? Could you get away with telling that to your boss or a co-worker? I know this is the internet and we’re all confident behind an LCD panel, but the answer is no… Comments like that aren’t acceptable, and while I understand the emotion, it should be controlled or conveyed differently. This is only a game, you know. I would hate to see how he reacts when losing a game of Monopoly or Uno. The fact is that if someone like Loyalanon does this or Erotica1 does it, the. There’s a massive witch hunt and a slew of reports. I get it, this is just a sweet bear and he didn’t mean any harm. That’s :poop: and I’m treating him just like you would treat me if I said that to you.

2 Likes

Of course I am not neutral, bumping is a lame mechanic, though you are projecting dishonourable on me, I never said that.

Well go and report me like the cry baby you are, vile filth, pathetic, I merely expressed the opinion in this self-aggrandising thread that what you are doing is not especially difficult and is akin to picking low hanging fruit. And you did not like that.

You comment about co-worker and boss is rather pathetic because the question is how can you compare that to an event in a video game where you lost pixels? As you said it is only a game, how can you equate that to saying something like that to a co-worker or a boss?

By the way when a certain ganker linked in local to Loyalanons rant about a certain tragic event, I did not report him to CCP, that mate is being mature, though I did mention it to others in the AG channel and they all said just ignore it which is what I was going to do anyway. It is pixels after all, so stop acting as if you are all superior because someone let off steam, this is a game where losses matter, of course people will let off steam. Now if that person actually did come off after you then I would be with you, but I really do think you are just making yourself feel superior.

Nowhere have I made any kinds of claims like what you’re saying. The only thing I’ve said is that it’s elite pvp, and that’s because it is. This is top-tier stuff right here.

The problem isn’t what you perceive as a lack of risk. There’s risk out there, and it’s not my fault if other players arent knowledgeable, organized, and/or equipped to properly deliver said risk. Highsec is just like every other area of space in that there are steps you can take to minimize or eliminate most risk. Yeah highsec is different and might be scary to you since there’s all these riskless deviants running about. I can easily point the finger at low and null and give examples of crap gameplay that is bolstered by safety. I can continue to give you examples of how I put myself at risk, but it’s pointless. You choose to not hear.

Like I said, it’s real comical to see the whole rl insult and only keeping it in eve turned around when it’s not coming from the mouth of a person that people despise because of what he does in a spaceship video game.

2 Likes

Sorry I just like to follow rules. The point about making that comment in real life is because this behavior isn’t acceptable there, and what makes the internet different? Is it because you’re behind a computer screen? No there should be no difference, and I fully support CCPs rules on such behavior.

Like I said you’re entitled to your opinion. I don’t care for it because I think you’re weak and helpless. Maybe CCP will do the work that players are supposed to do and provide enough counter play through nerfs.

1 Like

You know that there is no risk to your bumper, and there are structural reasons for that as well as CONCORD reaction, kill rights and security standing on mains if those people operate in hisec.

I have operated in all areas of Eve, nothing you can tell me about risk.

You suggested that this is akin to insulting your boss and co-worker, mate it is most assuredly not the same.

I repeat, I just said that what you are doing is like picking low hanging fruit due to the lame mechanic around bumping. You are good at this and made a lot of ISK, but it is not especially diffcult and I was stating that as a player who has seen this from both sides (not as a victim however), it is not that impressive.