[Good Samaritan] Saving up for my first Super, FAX, & Titan through elite pvp (UP TO 110b!)

This has nothing to do with making such comments to co-workers or bosses, not even close, you suggesting that is very lame, am I going to insult someone at work because my space ship was blown up in Eve, nope. Nothing to do with work or CCP.

Oh didums I am weak and helpless, well mate you have not ganked me and nor will you ever gank me, perhaps when you get that super or Titan you might get a kill on me, so what, GF when you do.

My opinion is that what you are doing is the same as taking low hanging fruit and that it is not impressive.

EDIT: Are you suggesting that when you go to work you consent to be bullied by your boss or co-worker? I mean in Eve I consent to being blown up wherever I am, it is the reason I play the game, because it is a challenge. (Before you go all out of content I am not saying that you blowing up someone is bullying them, just trying to get the nearest thing to your suggestion.)

The challenge you have, and I will be impressed is if you get your Titan and a bling fitted one at that by doing this, that is total dedication in doing what is easy pickings, pretty much similar to some one smart-bombing their way to a Titanā€¦

1 Like

The point Iā€™m trying to make is self control. This being a video game or the internet doesnā€™t automatically excuse self control and bursts of insults like that. I totally get showing emotion, but itā€™s the extent and the words chosen. I show emotion in this game as well. The only difference is I choose my words and delivery a bit carefully.

Some would consider looking at a spreadsheet that does all the work for you to be low hanging fruit.

So who are you to judge people in terms of self control when you want their tears, have some pride mate, if I was to blow up someones ship and they started getting salty in local with me I totally let it go, they are only human after all, why should I expect people playing a game to be like the pope? Stop it with the fake indignation on people getting salty in the heat of the moment, this is one of the things that annoys me about the ganker players. I have blown up a load of Russian PvE ships in Stain and I never got uptight with my mother s antics, or what they told me she was up too.

Funny enough I am now in channel with a couple who told me that and they are fun guys, relax mate.

Miner, calm down and stay on topic XD

I can judge because I find it socially unacceptable behavior in both real life and in a video gameā€¦ obviously CCP does too since they have rules for this. If you choose to let it slide, thatā€™s cool. Itā€™s your decision. I choose to support self control and decency and not tolerate anything that extends out of the game. If you find flaw in that, cool.

Iā€™m not saying that people should be perfect, but there are consequences for wrongful actions. Anyway, were far off topic nowā€¦

We wonā€™t be discussing this any further as weā€™re both at an impass. Please keep it on topic.

1 Like

No, you cannot equate this to a boss or co-worker situation, in Eve you consent to PvP when you play the game, do I consent to office politics when I go to work? Yes I do find a flaw in you getting uptight over this, I call it a thin skin and to me shows the lack of maturity of many people, after all you are the one sitting behind the screen and all that in a video game going after them in a game of consquences and expecting them to be saints.

Anyway yes we have flogged this to death, stop with the vile filth comment as if you are the judge and jury and continue as you were, I was enjoying this thread until you went down that lame path and became all self-righteous.

I hope you get a bling fitted titan at the end of this. :slight_smile:

PS Dom who is this miner you refer to? I did mine some ice for my dread alts Rev, so I guess it could be me, how did you know, are you omnipresent like you think AG is supposed to beā€¦

Dom dom dom, you seem to want me to stop going off topic, so at this post I have stopped posting in this thread with new posts, but I will reply to you in this post, did I say I was leet, nope, am I mad at him having fun nope, did I find his request for a safe space on carebears getting upset a bit sad, yes. Most of all I find his use of such a lame mechanic for low risk high return income a bit sad. You seem to think that anyone criticising game balance is sprewing salt. Bumping is such a lame mechanic, the only thing I respect in terms of the people doing it is their sheer perseverance, its akin to mining IMO.

PPS Osa Engawa, it is a game, in parts a challenging game, this is not one of them in that it is low risk high return, what is impressive is his pure effort in doing this to be able to buy a bling fitted Titan and he is putting in a lot of effort. I enjoyed this thread up until he became a sanctimonious person in going all holier then thou over people who got upset in the heat of their loss. I can say well played sir based on his continuing efforts even if the game play is lame based on naff mechanics. I just hope he continues to post what he did but lays off all the guff about how upsetting it is when people he has blown up let off steam, does he really want safe places? As for you I donā€™t give a rats what you think of me, you are a zero kill forum alt of Ima or one of those other losers. And if I annoyed you then great!

Scipio Artelius, AG operate in hisec, I am not in hisec, therefore I cannot be AG, engage brain pleaseā€¦

We get it, you donā€™t like what heā€™s doing and disagree with his claims regarding his play style. Nobody cares. Read another thread and shut up in this one you boring idiot

7 Likes

Time to fill the form Draccie, you seem very mad that OP is having fun while youā€™re doing your l33t 68m ticks ratting in some plebby place XD

2 Likes

Pity that some people feel the need to spew their AG hatred in every thread.

5 Likes

itā€™s ag, they donā€™t have caps :wink:

5 Likes

Ok thatā€™s really weird I tried replying to a post in a different thread and my reply showed up hereā€¦

1 Like

It was destiny.

2 Likes

More content less squabbling.

OP which Titan are you planning on buying?

3 Likes

Man, I am kinda tornā€¦ To be honest all of what Iā€™ve based my decision off of has been looks. I donā€™t know much about how to fit a Titan and their bonuses. This is something I need to learn while I ā€œcollectā€ the charitable donations.

I like the Avatar. If I had to buy one right now itd be the Avatar.

2 Likes

Funny thread - I like the narrative.

2 Likes

you should also consider the Swagnarokā€¦ for when you feel like doing drive byā€™s, and get out aliveā€¦
Avatar is by no means a bad one to go for thoughā€¦ just dont go for a leviā€¦

EDIT/PS: Keep helping those poor lost souls and tell us all about it :smiley:

3 Likes

meh, considering youā€™re not going to use it much anyway, unless you join one of a couple small groups, where all your activity is safe hotdrops, thereā€™s only 2 real choices

1. high agility drivebys: Ragnarok
  2. Whichever youā€™ll have most fun shipspinning/bridging with. For me, thatā€™s the levi, but eh, donā€™t want the hassle of reselling it in a month or two when Iā€™m bored and have realized I really donā€™t care to ever use a titan.
2 Likes

The beatings continue!

Unfortunately there are moments where even the best superheros find themselves bested or unable to ā€œsave the dayā€. In order to overcome, sometimes you just keep tryingā€¦

I found myself sitting in the ā€œGank-Intelā€ and ā€œAnti-Gankingā€ in-game channels, doing my best to do my partā€¦ except itā€™s really hard with how inflammatory some of these other alleged ā€œHeroes of Highsecā€ are. I mean for a group of people that are hellbent on doing good by haulers everywhere, they sure do spew some of the nastiest insults and comments. Topics from your sexual identity, the size of your genitals, and even things about your mother and animals. Nothing is sacred here or off limits for these other phoney heroes. I suggest you see for yourselvesā€¦

What is that? A helpless creature being tormented by the evil bump menace?!?

I have been very proud of the level of service Iā€™ve been able to provide to the hauling community this month, and I always strive to better myselfā€¦

Dang, he has duels blocked! Oh well, he can just send me one!

Lacie LaFleur > 500m or you die

TOTAL:
210m dropped in loot
250m in ā€œransomā€

:fiestaparrot:I was barely allowed to recover when I spotted another innocent beast in peril!:fiestaparrot:

ā€¦ Radio silence ā€¦

Thatā€™s strange, normally the bumpers establish communication with the freighter pilot. I assume the pilot rejected all forms of communication. Might be a good idea!

I decide that the pilots shutting down conversation might not be enough, so I decide to swoop in.

Lacie LaFleur > 500m or you die
chinwobble > guess you got me
chinwobble > naw
chinwobble > go ahead
chinwobble > Iā€™m good
chinwobble > one should pay for their own mistakes
Lacie LaFleur > You sure?
Lacie LaFleur > You are an honorable pvp partner.
chinwobble > gg

TOTAL:
1.2b in loot dropped (he didnā€™t have a permit for those Hulks)

BONUS:
This guy was like an actual honorable spacemens. He was given the generous opportunity to pay his way out of harm, but instead chose to dieā€¦ for all of us. May he serve as a lesson to all. Evading death is nice, but the ultimate goal is to die and be at peace.

So we will fast-forward to what is actually today and we find ourselves in the middle of a rescue attempt for a poor soul thatā€™s overloaded with 6b in cargo, and has fit Cargo Expanders! YIKES!!! He ends up making his way to safety when I scouted another freighter in grave danger.

This pilot wasnā€™t much for words, as I assume he was busy trying to manage the piloting of two internet spaceships (wow thatā€™s impressive!!). Hereā€™s how the comms looked like during our rescue operation.

I sat there prepared as Iā€™ll ever be for this poor victim of needless grief to give me the go ahead to save himā€¦

Lacie LaFleur > You want the webs? Youā€™ll warp off instantly
Timekeeper42 > ok

Now this particular pilot seems to be a little prepared as the second internet spaceship he was piloting was a Scorpion class battleship! I managed to get a few scans off on him and confirmed that he was useless in this particular operation.

I was merrily ā€œsavingā€ this freighter when all of a sudden the Scorpion goes suspect as heā€™s started repairing the freighters shields!

The attempt to repair the freighter was met with a swift punishment as this suspect of the law died in a fiery wreck of shameā€¦

LOOT:
933m in loot dropped (Seems like this guy was pulling some towers down in anticipation of the moon mining changes. You can read about those changes here!)

BONUS:
Iā€™m not normally quick enough to catch pods, but this person was generous to wait around for me! Is it possible that he was in shock? Who knows!

DOUBLE BONUS: (kinda like doubling your isk)

Timekeeper42 > c nice trick
Lacie LaFleur > Thank you for the pvp
Timekeeper42 > you welcome
Timekeeper42 > you good
Lacie LaFleur > Am I elite?
Timekeeper42 > yes

:facepalm:I didnā€™t want that ship anyway:facepalm:

Timekeeper42 > you wasent going to let me go
STOP AND FRISK > Yes I was man!
STOP AND FRISK > Should have sent 500m
Timekeeper42 > if all you wonted was isk you wood have ask at first nice 1
STOP AND FRISK > I did ask
Timekeeper42 > after you start shuting me
Timekeeper42 > its cool i got the money back for the ship eany way

The news of all the freighter saving is just too much for our Anti-Ganking friendo Sleyas!

Indie Anneto > Reddit - Dive into anything
Indie Anneto > Top comment: Howdy! Lacie LaFleur is my alt. You can read about it all here: EVE Online Forums
> Indie Anneto > :wink:
> Sleyas > Uffā€¦ you mist be kidding me
> Sleyas > wow
> Sleyas > this is too much, see you
Thomas en Chasteaux > [01:02:24] EVE System > Indie Anneto was kicked from the channel by Thomas en ChasteauxReason: ā€œLacie LaFleur Alt - Freighter Scam Web Duel Artistā€

ISK in the ā€œpotā€:
32,564,000,000 ISK

1 Like

Itā€™s sad.

Itā€™s so consistent that those claiming to be for the benefit of other players and the good of the game are the most vile trolls in the community.

I used to sit in those channels to gather intel for my own hauling activities. Unfortunately the toxicity of the channels just made them pointless.

4 Likes

And oh, you got Chinwobble.

The player who owns him was one of Shadow Cartelā€™s top FCs and used to awox WH Corps on another alt. Nice catch.

2 Likes