Guardian's Gala 2020

The sites themselves are anomalies until someone warps to them at which moment a beacon is created. Once the site is done the anomaly disappears and the beacon sits there for a while. So if you want to find fresh sites find the anomalies instead of looking for the beacons. Oh and yes this is totally the opposite how it worked in the past, speaking of clarity, consistency and such… but ofcourse this is CCP we’re talking about so what can we expect. :woman_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

pick one.

1 Like

Well, previous event sites were both. Emerging Conduits used to be both. Now, I’m not saying that the rewards should be economy breaking, but this was definitely too low for a live event. I mean, if the reward structure is on par with what you can find in Eve on any given day, then that kind of defeats the purpose.

Moreover, you do realize that you can balance reward with difficulty and the time limited nature of the event.

1 Like

I think all the good stuff is dropping in the VIP sites which are only in wormholes. Part of the theme for this “expansion” to boost w-space.

1 Like

No they were not.
Since prices are set by offer and demand, something that is very available has a low value.

All the previous sites that were easy to access did end up not being done, because the prices crashed. After ta few day, they become worthless. The only value that remain is the raw isk, that’s why I made my values above with only OPE and bounties.

The only case where the site retained its value is when the event was complex, requiring multiple interactions, was limited in locations. The only one I can remind of was the white dwarf, which consistently retained its 100M/h from mining (per toon) plus 400 M/h from farming the combat rooms, over the two weeks IIRC it lasted.

Yeah, you might be right.

1 Like

You are describing the last “Frostline” event.

Yes, things provided during the event end up crashing. They build back up over time. The Agency drugs in particular hasn’t dropped since the Gala LAST year, and many suspected 3s and 4s may not drop anymore at all. I don’t imagine they will spike nearly as hard after for this reason (People will now assume they will return).

Overseers effects cannot lose value, the implants are rare enough to be valuable, and after the event is over you will start to see prices climb. Just look at Purity SKINs.

1 Like

Depends on how you measure value.

Yes, sites with good loot tables caused he isk value of those items to temporarily drop, but the isk value of an item has less to do with intrinsic value than it does with rarity.

So even if the isk price drops, that doesn’t mean the item becomes intrinsically worthless. For example, I’ve seen standard cerebral accelerators selling for as little as 7 mil, but to me a standard accelerator is worth around the 250 million isk price range, because I have multiple characters with over 80 mil SP. Thus, it would cost me in the neighborhood of 250mil isk to inject the same amount of SP.

Also, I have stockpiled skins and drugs only to sell them later when the prices had gone back up. For example, I sold a stockpile of agency drugs that was worth about 1bil about this time last year for about 6 bil before this event started.

1 Like

Savior Implants only drop in Wormhole Space. They are new and extremely valuable.

Last years ‘Eros’ web range implants and Aramanthine Mantles are dropping in K-space, and are also valuable. We also got a Shadow Serpentis Tracking Computer worth 150 mill in a K-space site.

1 Like

The previous Gala site was the last Agency event. There have been no Agency booster drops since then. 5% (tier 2) Agency drugs have been added to DED LP Store, but 3s and 4s have been unavailable for a year. This is why they had such a high value. Previously Agency events occurred every month to two months.

On the subject of availability, we are finding quite a few. I recommend adding it to your roaming options. When going around high security I clear out Dens, high concentrations of other anoms, Gala sites, and even Emerging when I feel like it. Add a probe launcher and some friends and you can also find wormholes with them in it, run it real quick, then resume your journey.

When a site is finished, it should trigger it to respawn, generally in the same constellation or region. What this means in practice is that often the sites will build up in backwater areas. I have gone 10 jumps with nothing when I set a destination that is between major points. However, 1 jump off the beaten path I have found 2 empty sites in one system.

1 Like

Yeah, the one thing i haven’t done is try going into wormholes.

As for k-space, it’s more like a bonus site, than content that you focus on.

1 Like

Yeah, after a day of running in Highsec I got maybe 150 million isk (though the tracking computer I got 2 days ago was 150 by itself).

That said, Wormholes are money. Got a implant that should be worth 750 mill from a site. MOST WH sites drop at least one Implant BPC. I warn you the rats are significantly harder there. https://zkillboard.com/kill/81760628/

Also, I noted you were a fellow fan of the Ikitursa. Here is my highsec all-in-one Exploration Iki (It will clear Emergings and Gala, uses an Asklepian Clone)

[Ikitursa, Simulated Ikitursa Fitting]
Abyssal Entropic Radiation Sink
Abyssal Entropic Radiation Sink
Corelum B-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Corelum B-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Assault Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

Large Abyssal Cap Battery
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Shadow Serpentis Tracking Computer
10MN Abyssal Afterburner

Festival Launcher
Sisters Core Probe Launcher
Veles Heavy Entropic Disintegrator
Festival Launcher

Medium Anti-Thermal Pump II
Medium Anti-Explosive Pump II

24k EHP, 67/89/50/84 resist
150 HPS from reps
380 starting DPS with only gun + Occult

Fireworks are a must.

1 Like

That’s because you are bad at maths.
The DROP of the item is worth what you can get from it. PERIOD.

Holding an item that you could have sold to let it gain value later is ANOTHER activity, that could have been done without dropping that item. Just buy the items instead, the return is the same.

So if the accelerator drops, and can be sold for 7M, then it’s 7M, not 250M. You could have just bought the accel from the market and used it, instead of farming for worhtless value.
You did NOT get 250M value from farming. You gained 7M, that you did not have to use on the market.

Again, it’s unrelated.
The event does not provide you with this money. What does, is your market activity. I did the same with drugs, but only because the price was so low it was not worth selling the whole for 1B.

From 1b to 6b is *6. Over a year that’s a +16% gain per month, or selling stuff over one month with 13% margin.
Just sell rigs you will do better. Even from that (wrong anyhow) part of your evaluation, that is not worth it.

I’m not saying that you should not do it. I’m saying that you are misrepresenting the value from the event.

1 Like

I would recommend looking into “Master-at-arms” Accelerators… just sayin’

I would disagree. It is money, but it is also an investment. I never paid for the Purity SKINs, I ran sites. I didn’t sell them right away, and now they are worth 20x the value. It isn’t just market activity.

This is the same in FW. Earning LP and spending LP are different things.

1 Like

That’s off topic. He claims that an accelerator with a value of 7M is worth 250M for him, which is wrong.

Then the investment part is split from the event part, because you don’t need to run the event to do the investment.

I mean… if your pricing out accelerators… there is a regular supply available that kinda set the price for you. ANY subsequent drops of accelerators will by necessity be compared to the active rate and availability of the MoA accelerators, so… on topic?

I don’t know of any time an accelerator has gotten as low as 7 mill, but I could be remembering things wrong. SP has intrinsic value to people.

Yes, sometimes I do buy stuff from the market. But, as I said in my original post, an event should also be different/fun/challenging. I can do my normal PvE anytime i want. I like live events because they help break up the monotony, assuming that the rewards aren’t a complete waste of my time.

1 Like

Nobody cares.
Please read what I wrote, not what you want to understand.
Whether or not it’s linked to MoA is unrelated.

many(all?) event-specific accelerators had an expiry date. So their value crumbles down when they are easily available, a lot.

Wrong. Obtaining something, and extracting value from it are two steps in the same process of turning your effort into ISK. If you have the luxury of not selling right away, your effort becomes more valuable for the same amount of work.

You harvest when you can, then you sell when there is without. The value is what it is to you. The value of the SKINs isn’t what I would get if I sold it now, as I don’t NEED to sell it now. I know that I will likely get much more for it in the long run.

One could argue I could also just BUY the SKINs to the same effect, but I am doing the activity, and I get the item. Just because some people are wastefully selling their goods when it has no value, doesn’t mean it doesn’t have value to me. This would be the same as saying a seed is worth the same as the crop. You can recognize the potential of what you have, without that potential being realized in the moment.

Good point. I really need to go back and look at historical records of the value of accelerators. I just remember making bank :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Not specifically for the event.

Not when people claim that “event sites should be lucrative”.

Yes it does. Your personal taste on the skin does not matter. We are talking about value of the site, and that is, only the current value of the drop : if you need money NOW, how fast can you get it just from doing the sites.

If you take any other definition, you are ignoring many additional costs, like the time to wait, the possibility of losing value, the possibility to invest that money in better activities.