HAPPY BIRTHDAY USMC

Let’s get back on topic

Belated birthday greetings, jarhead:sunglasses:

1 Like

You mean like McNamara’s morons?

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

Rah, 3rd Battalion 10th Marines. “Seven for One” now first civilian division.

2 Likes

A bit late, but Happy Birthday my beloved Corps.

–Semper Fidelis, Gadget

2 Likes

While I may agree with some of your criticisms, nearly all of your conclusions are so off base that it simply alienates all except those who already agree with you.

Picking obvious off the wall edge cases doesn’t do your argument any justice.

Such a position is useless in getting anything changed since it is so easily mitigated by those not interested in changing anything.

That is around 43 years longer than when my family got its name from the US Army (medical department) around 193 years ago (1820s), who share the same fact that they don’t have command (in their service).

And so, it would be on or around
November 11, 1775.

And oh yes, society has to be sick enough for war, it’s in the Geneva convention on how to treat prisoner’s of war, and what is considered good and human medical care if the subject is not “too” belligerent (as in Casus Belli) and didn’t cause too much damage in his rules of engagement (rules of engagement for war that is, not rules of engagement in marriage…).

I think he have a good understanding of what war is and what it makes with human. I mean what humans do to humans. Opposing that is actually a good thing, but that rather means opposing people who send those people to war, and those actually have guns and people who shoot, so you have to shoot first, sooo… ITS WAR ANYWAY. :scream:

1 Like
1 Like

No, but some are not given to understand peace.
Also war of opinion and ideology are also as true as anything else.
The tools to disagree with those you should not associate with and agree with are more than only a can opener or what others would have them.
Ulterior motives are also good for that too.

pewpew

2 Likes

BTW I am a fan of atomic weaponry with combination with submarines actually for everyone, because those make everyone afraid to start war. Mutually assured destruction is hell of a deterrent. :sunglasses:

I see your point, but that is kind of M.A.D.

1 Like
1 Like

I remember Yugoslavia as a holiday destination. People from all over Europe went there as did our family for the beaches, the landscape and the great weather.

And suddenly a war started, where pregnant women were slaughtered, their babies pulled out of their bodies and crushed on the street under boots. One cannot stop such atrocities with words or a believe in a better future. You have to bring a bigger stick.

I was glad when US and European forces finally stepped in and suppressed the war. It wasn’t any different with Iraq and Afghanistan. Some people only forget these “details” and then replace them with motives such as oil and money.

I suppose it’s a psychological defence, to rather choose some alternate reality of where oneself is bad, than to remember how bad reality can get. Until the war in Yugoslavia had I only ever seen death played by actors in movies, when the Internet was hit with something new and unreal. So called “snuff videos” popped up and showed the world what was happening, uncensored, simply because the Internet wasn’t prepared for anything like this. That’s something I won’t forget, and I wish I could have unseen it.

2 Likes

American war crimes and other assorted atrocities have been recorded on film as far back as WW2, but especially prevalent in Vietnam and Korea.

The winners used to write history. Now they just try to spin their shameful behavior caught on film. Or call it “fake news” and pretend it never happened. Wagging your finger at me about cherry picking and then turning around and posting what you just did is pathetic.

There is no high road here. Almost every country has a history of torture and cruelty to helpless civilians. It’s just that a certain country has done more of it than most and continues it until this day.

1 Like

Like Nazi Germany and Stalin Russia? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

No, I’m not wagging my finger at you. Fact is you cannot even see my fingers. You merely want to hold on to your believe of how your own country is being the worst. It’s not going to do you any good however.

I grew up in Germany, which really isn’t very far from Yugoslavia and a friend of mine was Yugoslavian. He was glad he and his family had escaped.

1 Like

My own country has a history of not becoming involved in unjust wars. Of course, we don’t have a government bought and paid for by the military–industrial complex.

1 Like

Do you believe this was ever different for any other country? When nations go to war does their entire economy change. We’ve seen it during the world wars where every bit of scrap metal was used to make weapons and women spent most of their time in munitions factories.

And you want to complain about how the country, with the most guns per citizen, has a civilised and well controlled infra-structure for their war efforts. That’s funny. You actually suck at complaining.

Out of curiosity, and to get an idea of how “bad” your country is, does the US government deny or allow labour unions in the military industry? And what about labour lawsuits in the military industry? Are those allowed?

Which country is that btw?

1 Like