Has anyone else here had completely toxic experiences with /r/eve? BFR is fake there

I recently posted a comment admitting I have autism on a post about not being able to use comms because of anxiety. I shared my struggles. People were supportive and the post was upvoted.

One person however was posting hateful things. Such as.

Why should they act normal if you refuse to?

You have an imaginary one you make memes about for attention.

No it isn’t. Your parents just didnt do a very good job raising you.
Adhd/Autism/arseburglers and all excuses for parenting failures.
None of them are real.

I shared how their ample genetic evidence that it’s real.

What a load of ■■■■■■■■. So it’s genetic now hey? That is a new one.
Why don’t kids living in poverty in 3rd world countries ever get it?
Only seems to be a problem for people rich enough to use a tv as a babysitter.
The richer and more American the people - the more their kids seem to be prone to having the same >fake mental illnesses that you have.

I reported him via reddit. Instead of banning him, the mod called me a troll. I asked how I was trolling and was immediately banned and muted.

Lmao, you’re trolling people and then you’re mad when they troll back?

How did I troll anyone? What the ■■■■? Autism is a disability it’s real, I have it. How in God’s name did I troll anyone?

Im genuinely confused, where did I troll anyone in that thread? Do you also believe that autism is fake?

No response, immediately banned and muted. So I get onto the discord, to ask why I was banned. A mod told me that I “using disabilities to gain clout” I asked who I could take this up with, and was immediately banned from the discord.

I’ve been playing this game since beta, and I don’t ever remember it being this toxic. The subreddit has an entire page dedicated to real life help and “broadcast for reps”, but when an autistic person shares the struggles that come with autism they’re immediately banned and ostracized? How does that fit into the broadcast for reps theme? Why do devs from ccp go to their sub and interact with them? Does ccp also support such hateful speech and actions?

What happened to this gaming community that it’s become acceptable to ban autistic people for saying they’re autistic? Wtf is wrong with this place?

CCP. /r/eve is openly discriminating against autistics, and supporting the spread of hate speech targeting disabled individuals. If your devs continue to post there, you legitimize their open discrimination.

/r/eve claims to be “the official subreddit of eve” and among the rules “post’s must adhere to eve’s EULA” So all I want to know is how official it really is.

3 Likes

What?

Sucks that you had a shitty experience, but that has nothing to do with CCP “legitimizing” discrimination. r/eve isn’t run or operated by CCP in any capacity.

10 Likes

What’s the question with the statement Scoots? The subreddit is openly discriminating against autistic people, but the devs still post there.

If the subreddit was openly discriminating against black people. it’d be obvious that the devs would stop posting there, don’t you agree?

Nope, I do not agree, at all.
Reddit is a social media platform where people can spew whatever crap they want.

CCP’s developers posting comments on that platform does not “legitimize” racism or discrimination that other people post.

2 Likes

Okay, so it’s pretty clear you’re being emotional about this and aren’t thinking too clearly. Take a chill pill and think about what you’re saying.

3 Likes

Sad that you had that experience. Discrimination wouldn’t exist in an ideal World. Unfortunately we are far from that, but all the best with managing your situation.

As for reddit. This is probably an issue to take up with Reddit. Send a message to u/spez (though I wouldn’t expect him to respond).

It’s no different to any other platform. Twitter has trolls, Facebook has trolls, Slack has trolls. The forum has trolls too.

All we can do is have the sense to try to ignore them and not give them any power at all.

3 Likes

Avoid /r/eve. Reddit is full of retards. People say the forums are toxic, but I find it quite the opposite. Yes, people in the forum will snap at you if you’re lazy or stupid, but aggravating somebody because they have RL issues - specially disabilities -, I don’t think so.

Also, I’m of the opinion CCP employees have no business posting on reddit under their official identity tags. It’s bad policy. They don’t moderate it; it’s not theirs to control. Same with twitter or any other platform for that matter.

11 Likes

Okay, so it’s pretty clear you’re being emotional about this and aren’t thinking too clearly. Take a chill pill and think about what you’re saying.

Of course I am being emotional about this. For the second time this week someone in eve told me autism isn’t real and it’s an excuse. The sub is an open hate space, and im curious why ccp will continue to post in it, emotional or not, that is a very valid question.

Also, I’m of the opinion CCP employees have no business posting on reddit under their official identity tags. It’s bad policy. They don’t moderate it; it’s not theirs to control. Same with twitter or any other platform for that matter.

Exactly, they have no control, but posting there legitimized the hate space.

Stop listening to them. Stop engaging with them.
Just mute/block and move on. The internet is and will always be filled with garbage.

Because it’s one of the most frequently trafficked online forum where people discuss the game that they are developing?

No, it doesn’t.

4 Likes

No it does not.

Posting hate speech legitimizes that.

Rational discourse is most welcome in places like that…

1 Like

Alts are a thing, so are people who follow you around in game.

Because it’s one of the most frequently trafficked online forum where people discuss the game that they are developing?

So? /r/eve is an open hate space.

Rational discourse is most welcome in places like that…

its not though, when asked why I was banned, I was immediately muted. CCP does legitimize the platform, yes they do and what’s more they should be pretty damn concerned that for a lot of players the first glimpse of eve they get is /r/eve. So if a new players first experience is seeing people making fun of and banning a person for sharing their struggles with autism… you don’t think ccp should have a problem with that image?

The same people being total dickwads to you over there will be in this thread soon. If not already. I can’t be arsed to read past the OP to find out.

1 Like

Grow a thicker skin and ignore them. Giving them attention is what they want.

Just because you personally had one shitty experience, you’re going to paint the entire forum as an “open hate space”?

It seems like you’re deadset on this point and aren’t going to change your mind on anything. I reckon the ISDs will eventually close this thread because at this point, you’re just ranting, which is not allowed by the rules here.

Good luck in life, kid.

Yeah, as others have said, I sympathize with you, but I don’t think CCP is tacitly endorsing the opinions or behaviors of anyone posting to reddit by posting there themselves. I mean, do you tacitly endorse every dickhole thing I’ve said to other forum users by posting here?

4 Likes

Then maybe CCP will do something. You can’t pretend “broadcast for reps” is a thing, when sharing your struggles with mental health gets you perm banned without warning. If CCP cares about it’s players, it needs to distance it self from toxic hate spaces.

One experience? the mods openly said they don’t believe in autism. How can you be all about broadcastforreps, when you ban people for discussing their mental health struggles?

Then deal with those mods individually? Why are you throwing blame on CCP for this?

Who is this “you” that you are talking about? Do you even know if they’re the same people? There are multiple people on the r/eve mod team, and B4R isn’t even run by r/eve mods. What do they have to do together?

1 Like

We can agree to disagree. I think ccp shouldn’t be using a hate forum to communicate with this players. You think it’s okay. That’s fine.

Who is this “you” that you are talking about? Do you even know if they’re the same people? There are multiple people on the r/eve mod team, and B4R isn’t even run by r/eve mods. What do they have to do together?

i’m very clearly referring to the sub in question. The /r/eve sub has an entire page dedicated to B4R, while simultaneously telling people their mental health struggles are not real and banning them. As for the mod team, so far 4 people have responded to me, 3 used autistic as a slur in the response. I’m not sure why you feel the need to defend this abhorrent behavior.

Anyone who cares about eve should care about our image and about the state of our community. This behavior shouldn’t be tolerated by anyone here, and it certainly shouldn’t be defended. If a CCP dev posted to storm front, we’d all agree it was a problem, but because they post to a gaming related hate site it’s all okay.

I’m not defending it. I’m simply saying that CCP devs posting on the forum is NOT them endorsing or legitimizing that behavior of other people.

Good luck with this crusade, kid.

1 Like

What crusade is that? The expectation to be treated like a human and not openly ridiculed in and out of game for something I was born with? i’m also not a kid thanks for keeping the theme of dismissive condescension.

Like I said, if the word autistic was replaced with “black” this wouldn’t even need discussed.