Has anyone else here had completely toxic experiences with /r/eve? BFR is fake there

Op, you seem to be getting pretty worked up over this. Don’t

Don’t let it get under your skin. It’s the internet…there are just going to be people who say messed up stuff. Ignore them.

I am worked up, you’re right. It sucks to experience this sort of ■■■■ every day in real life, but then have to log into a game and experience it too. I don’t understand why the community tolerates it.

“B4R! unless you have autism, cause autism isn’t real and neither is your struggles”

Either this community takes the mental well being of our players seriously, or it doesn’t. There is not, and should not be any middle ground. If someone shares their struggles with suicidal ideation, we would never tolerate someone saying " you’re just looking for attention, and your parents raised your like ■■■■"

would we? no, no we wouldn’t, because we’ve all had suicides here impact us, we should as a community be completely intolerant of this sort of directed hate at people struggling with mental health. Every single person here should be 100% against behavior that shames or attacks those with autism, depression or other mental health struggles, and those doing it should be ostracized from this community, because they’ve made it clear the well being of members in this community is not even remotely a concern of theirs.

Kill me all you want in game. That’s part of the game. Shaming people for their mental health issues is not part of the game, it’s hateful, its harassments, and it should have zero tolerance. There is a world wide disaster underway, and we should be coming together as humans, not shitting on each other in a god damn game.

1 Like

Which includes all of the mods and all of the people. You’re taking your experience with one guy and one mod and declare that it applies for the whole. The fallacy of composition.

@Nicolai_Serkanner.

No, that’s dumb. You’re inflating the issue.

Most parts of the world call that adulthood. It’s not “tolerating”, it’s freedom of speech. They can say what they want and you don’t have to listen. You want him to be forced to say only things you like, or want him forced to be unable to say things you don’t like, which both are a big nono.

A million ISK says you are from the US.

This teaches the issue in a condensed and easily comprehensible manner:

6 Likes

You need to calm down miner.

2 Likes

This is Ruddger. When he is an ass hat then he uses his supposed disability as the excuse to try and get off free. If someone does or says something he doesn’t like then poor him they should be silenced because of his disability. He is his own problem. He is looking for attention. Blaming CCP for something that happens in a forum they don’t control. What a joke.

5 Likes

LOL, reddit was never anything official of eve. They are moderated by a bunch of players who were never approved by CCP.

1 Like

Where can I learn more about this “individual” ?

Impossible, we are social animals living in social groups, from the moment you have different groups, you’ll have discrimination to sort who belong to that group from who doesn’t.

1 Like

As someone who has a (light) form of autism myself to me it feels as if you do nothing BUT trolling.

Even in your own thread when explaining your own situation and actions (which will be coloured and onesided in your favour so this is you at your best) you do nothing but being an attention seeker and trolling.

Personally I don’t like Reddit because it just breeds peer pressure and mob mentality but I can see why they banned you.

1 Like

This is more about health condition than social group.

It’s pretty similar, health is also a sorting criteria, no matter how nefarious it is. We sort people, that’s our primary social function.

2 Likes

Maybe there would be group of people with autism, like there would be group of people with blisters on their right foot. But that isnt a social category or social group. It have less sense to categorize by social ties, its health categorization that is more correct here considering the issue. Person is belonging to social group of reddit users, that encompasses people with different health conditions. The social part here is sharing the same interest in playing the game, should be bringing people together, but health condition is what can make some feel inadequate, and some reddit users would like to uphold that feeling of inadequacy to maybe feel better about themselves, I dont know. Thats the issue, not CCP, cause CCP have no power over /r/eve, CCP is not to blame here.

2 Likes

Health, or any conditions don’t make people feel inadequate. Their surrounding (mostly parents, then social circles, then the environment) teaches them to feel inadequate. He does not have a health condition, though. He’s not ill. It’s just autism. Everone here is in some way or form autistic and anyone thinking differently is likely just bathing in self-denial.

I’m also pretty sure he has learned to use this to his advantage, because his environment constantly enabled him to do so. He’s the victim, therefore he gets special treatment, therefore he learned to demand special treatment, therefore he demands special treatment.

Take that away and you get this asshole. A spoiled brat badly raised by idiots. It’s so bad, we can’t even be sure that most of his social struggles aren’t just self-made. From the looks of it, it’s certainly the case. Again, half blame goes to those who caused this, but the rest is still on him.

2 Likes

From the comments that were brought here, you can see that some peeple were not being supportive, actually denying that autism exists.

There is group of people who are flat earthers, who can think that moon landing was faked, so why there wouldnt be a group of individuals who can think autism isnt real? These reality denying people will always exist.

I amdit I did not read through everyones posts, but this raises a question:

Why is there a requirement to be supportive? Why should he not be treated as an equal, reaping what he sows?

I’m totally missing the point on why the belief in something even matters. Note: I use “belief”, because that’s what they’re about. They don’t think the earth is flat, they believe it. Same for the moon landing, vaccines causing autism, and so on.

1 Like

No, it’s individual people that are discriminating. There are always idiots everywhere. If you always retreat from every place where an idiot appears you will have no place to go very fast.

4 Likes

OP posted on reddit that he dont use comms because of anxiety, admitts to have autism, that is not unusual, even when u dont have autism.
But there are always some jerks that feel like jumping on people with anxiety. Internet bullies and such jerks.

@Ruddger sorry to hear what happened to you but the r/eve community is in no way controled or moderated by CCP.

I agree that it makes CCP look bad to have their devs post on that toxic echo chamber - it would be better to spend more time here, i also verry much like seeing them on talking in stations and the meta show etc. but reddit is something decent people only touch with a long stick…

1 Like

Yeah, but so what? These people exist. They don’t harm anyone. They’re not even in the majority. The OP inflates a self-created issue from the words of a tiny amount of people. Problems only start when they demand that he’s being expelled/banned because of his issues.

Freedom of speech demands that everyone can share his opinion as long as said opinion does not attempt limiting someone’s freedom, speech or otherwise. As soon as that happens, said person loses every right to freedom of speech. That’s what the OP does.

Notice it. People telling you how they feel about you is harmless. It does nothing. The issue only exists in the emotional immaturity of the person having an issue with someone elses opinion. Flat-earthers don’t matter, just like vaccinationautists don’t matter. The only reason why it appears to matter is because there’s a huge amount of degenerate assholes, including the media, who make that happen.

The fact that there is a huge amount of degenerates believing this ■■■■■■■■ makes it worse. That should not result in everyone else being punished for it. It should result in these idiots being made fun of to the highest extent possible. That’s a social mechanism that has worked for millenia. Literally millenia. Just like fat shaming. Fat shaming is being called bad because it works.

You didn’t really answer my question. Why is there a need to be supportive? Why does he require being treated differently than everyone else? Where is the equality in that? Why can he not be an emotionally stable and self responsible adult and learn that what these people are saying does not ■■■■■■■ matter?

My apologees for the edits. I had a rough night. No sex involved, though. :frowning:

3 Likes

We’re getting one side of the story, out of context, with events colored by a subjective viewpoint.

I think I’d like to see the other side of things.

3 Likes