Hi Sec

An exhumed mines more than an industrial capital ship made to support mining ships?

No wayyyyyy

Totally bit working as intended lol

If you want to mine more, use a hulk at this point bwahahahahahaha

Sorry maybe I should make my own thread but is an orca the best way to mine in highsec?

Buying a mining permit is the best way to mine in high sec and all the other secs as well.

4 Likes

No
Maybe the safest, but not the most efficient

Skiffs are your best bet

Orcas and porpoise are only support ships, not full-on mining ships

E: and a mining permit ofc (10m for a year is worth the investment)

1 Like

The orca needs a buff because it doesnā€™t mine enough

Notice how an orca gets a better yield with its drones versus an un-boosted skiff. (Tables 2 and 4)

Also notice the substantial increase in yield to the skiff with links (ironically provided by the support ship, the orca)

A support ship that already has a better yield and tank than the second tankiest ship is alrwady very good regardless of what our local forum troll projector says.

#rekt

Classic case of someone linking a post that he did not read and understand. :joy:

It is also a min/max classic, and does not take into account travel time for drones which is important.

My observation of the difference is based on mining the ore for a Providence, an Astrahus and a Nidhoggur in hisec using an Orca alongside a Skiff, neither set of skills are maximised but are at level 4 and I am using T1 strip miners with no mining crystals and no specific mining implants as I do other things with those characters.

It is real world sub-optimal experience as compared to typical min/max theory crafting. I repeat the base amount could do with a 20% increase in yield.

The classic it doesnā€™t fit my motive so letā€™s ignore it

So unexpected from you @Dracvlad /s

Nice trolling attempt once again :sweat_smile:

E: so you want better orca mining drones because you have crap skills with your skiff?

This is getting better by the minute, feels like the afk cloaky thread all over again :joy:

1 Like

Heā€™s not very good at it is he :slight_smile:

You seem salty, go back to your troll thread.

I love it when people like you and the edgy one just go full min/max and miss the point. If you seriously want to use an example which does not take into account the travel time of dronesā€¦ what can I say, this is a significant reduction in yield and ignoring it is incorrect.

Then you will get an obvious dig which ignore the fact that roids deplete and you have to move to the next, and it takes time to move to the next one. If the roid is very large in terms of the model then you are never at zero. As I said real experience, not min/maxā€¦

I detailed the parameters of my observation in terms of yield for good order and of course in come the insults by the edgy one as per normal.

Rorquals should stay locked to low/null sec. Thereā€™re enough multi-boxing fleets of orcas in high sec already. Besides there should be a natural progression that has miners moving out to null sec for better mining anyways.

Everyone with an orca knows that they have to hug rocks to get a better yieldā€¦

I guess you never were the sharper crayon in the box

Stop calling me edgy btw, and saying people project on you. Itā€™s clear you donā€™t know what either means :sweat_smile: (or youā€™re too self-centered to see)

All the reward, and zero risk, cause PLEX can be now stored in PLEX vault, assets in secured window after station being destoyed. And everything can be manufactured in null because of rorquals mining a lot more and industry being so easy to do, not like in POS or using set of strange, cryptic windows. And moon minerals are basically everywhere.

So your argument is

ā€œI canā€™t steal your ā– ā– ā– ā– , suicide gank you and or pick ur ā– ā– ā– ā–  up for free after your station goes bangā€

Okey dokey. Nah :slight_smile: Risk vs Reward

Step Up, work harder and stop trying to take easy short cuts

The Orca does not need buffs. It is already the most OP PvP ship in highsec!

2 Likes

True that :grin:

These were meaningful choices with responsibility, eve was more risky back then, not many safeguards build it, it was cutthroat even, not grindy like this event now. Now its all easy peasy and everything is using those easy, not risky at all mechanics because they dont even have choice. Or how sometimes people say, EVE is dead for them for few years already.

1 Like

Dom and Dracvlad bickering on the forumsā€¦brings a happy nostalgic tear to my eyeā€¦ <3 you guys

Mehā€¦

I am merely suggesting a change in game balance that benefits hisec game play. Mr Edgy has decided to come bicker at me as per normal. The only good thing is that the link he had was actually useful.

But ironically enough, you ignored it because it was min/max theory

Why do you think most miners had mining mods on their ship? They want the most amount of rocks mined the most quickly.

You saying that min/maxing is irrelevant despite probably doing it yourself is the epitome of irony.

Youā€™re still asking for a non-mining ship to get a buff to mine. A buff which it clearly doesnā€™t need regardless of drone travel time (because most people sit on the rocks when they mine)

Stop with the Mr. Edgy crap, you clearlā€™y donā€™t know what it even means (Same as projection)