Hi Sec

Except that not so long ago, the orca was used frequently, while the rorqual was not.

The big brother got the mining bonuses because it was severely underused in favor of the little brother, despite risking more. A lot more.

And yes, the orca got bonuses too. But the rorqual has more, because it is more. It costs more. It takes more skills to fly. It uses fuel. Everything about the rorqual is multitudes more than the orca.

Hahaha, what?

Why would you consider the orca a top end ship? You do realize that bigger isnt necessarily better? That a battleship can lose to a frigate?

Size, cost does not make one ship better, or higher than another. I would bet my money on a code agent flying a catalyst over you in a golem, any day.

1 Like

I donā€™t think he Rorqual mines.

I would like the Orca to be slightly better and this is why:

I just did a comparison of my Orca with T2 mining drones as compared to my Skiff which uses T2 mining drones and T1 Strip miners. I get 18.645 M3 a second on the Orca and 21.1275 M3 a second on the Skiff. However the Orca figure will be about 10% lower due to travelling and moving to the next roid.

I am not min/maxing obviously.

20% increase in base yield would be quite good.

And the Orca should to because as you say youā€™re self the about the Rorq, the Orca is more, it cost more, it takes more skill to fly then any of the barges/exumers everything about the Orca is multitudes more than barges/exumers/mining frigs.

I like the setup of the Rorqual and I think it is about right, the PANIC mode is needed and has give some fun fights, I have a few Rorquals on my killboard :slight_smile:

The Rorqual is for lowsec and nullsec, I have discounted it being a hisec ships which the OP requested, I donā€™t agree with that.

My suggested is that I think the Orca can be slightly better.

You seem a bit uptight there. The Orca is the top end mining ship in hisec.

I donā€™t know what relevance a BS and a frigate PvP comparison has to this?

As for the Golem comparison :roll_eyes:

Oh sorry, missed this.

Yes they are good at mining. Very good. The orca outlines mining barges that are fit for tank.

Everything scales with cost. The rorqual costs 10 bill, and mines at the rate of 5 hulks. The orca cost 1 bill, and mines at the rate of 1 barge. So yes, perfectly balanced.

Actually, youā€™re wrong about the skills, it takes around the same amount of time to fly exhumers than it does with orcas.

But again, it is. Compare the orca to what it was, and what it is now. Loads better, and outmines many barges while having considerable tank.

So hereā€™s a question for you. How good should orcas be? Mine the same amount as 2 barges? Should the rorqual be buffed in the same amount too? 10 barges worth of mining from a single rorqual?

Well, so what do you mean by ā€œtop endā€? If youā€™re alone, you would be better off in a skiff if youā€™re alone, and if youre in a fleet, you would be better off with one orca and 5 barges than 6 orcas.

1 Like

I mine with two accounts so mining with a solo skiff is not what I would do and I certainly cannot mine 5 barges and an Orcaā€¦

Which is why I asked what you mean by ā€œtop endā€.

Something like that yes 2-3 (excavater drones)
And 1 for the porpoise to.
Industrial mode would be cool to so they canā€™t mine good while moving, but only standing still like the Rorq.

Make them a little more alike.

And the rorqual should be as good as 10 hulks? Yes?

Do you know why the industrial mode for rorqs is there? Do you understand the difference between being unable to move in nullsec or lowsec, and being unable to move in hisec?

No I donā€™t want the Rorq to be buffed more.

Yes I do know the difference.

Iā€™m getting tired of that stupid argument about high, low and nul sec.
Orca and porpoise can go to low and nul aswell as the Rorq can, and high sec is the most dangerous place to be.

Try mining in a Hulk ln Halaima lol :joy: I dare you :smiling_imp:

Doing that to rorqs was a huge mistake. Look what it did to the mineral market and capital proliferation.

The answer is not to make things worse by doing it to the orca too.

3 Likes

That cat is already out of the basket. Hisec in general needs a buff.

1 Like

B[quote=ā€œDracvlad, post:105, topic:140425ā€]
That cat is already out of the basket. Hisec in general needs a buff.
[/quote]

I agree :point_up:

1 Like

Donā€™t forget npc null and our lĢ¶oĢ¶wĢ¶ Ģ¶sĢ¶eĢ¶cĢ¶ Ģ¶gĢ¶aĢ¶tĢ¶eĢ¶ C2 wh static.

Why not?

If you knew the difference, you wouldnā€™t have posted it.

Youā€™re getting tired of that argument, because you have no valid response to it.

Hereā€™s a big surprise. Any ship can go to null and lowsec. There is no restriction for any ship that prevents it from going to nullsec.

But there is a restriction to enter hisec, for some ships. The reason why, is because of how SAFE hisec is.

Being unable to move in hisec, does nothing. It takes 30 seconds to warp with an orca, which Is longer than Concord response time, so youā€™re not moving anywhere anyways.

Being unable to warp in nullsec or lowsec for 5 minutes, is huge. Wanna guess why? Because anyone can shoot you, for however long they wish. Without Concord interference. Yeah.

And if orcas were restricted to mine in halaima, and halaima only, then maybe your argument would have some teeth.

By the way, fully ranked orca has more hp than a fully ranked hulk, in case you didnt know.

1 Like

Nopeā€¦, it is about game balance. Which is why I would not ask for Rorquals to be able to operate in hisec.

Yes, game balance, because itā€™s a lot safer in hisec. If I were in an npc Corp with a rorqual, I would be unkillable. Quite literally.

1 Like

Do you seriously think it is just about safety? Seriously mateā€¦

1 Like