High Sec Miner Ganking

You know what will work… don’t mine where the gankers are.

Here is a plot for the last 24 hours of highsec systems that have any loss (caused by NPCs or other players):

The orange line is the number of highsec systems (1192) and the blue line is the number of systems in each hour period that have any sort of loss of a player ship or pod.

In any hour of the day, more than 80% (and in many cases, more than 90%) of highsec systems don’t have any loss at all, let alone, loss caused by gankers.

There are always some systems that will have loss (eg. Jita, Amarr, Uedama, career agent systems, SOE mission systems).

But outside those frequent systems, the practical risk of being ganked is 0 for days on end, for many systems.

The risk will never be a theoretical zero, but practically it is in many systems.

Just mine in a quiet system (and they are also easy to identify) and it doesn’t matter what ship you mine in, you won’t be ganked.

The perceived risk of ganking is way higher than the practical risk, simply because there aren’t many gankers but there are a lot of highsec systems.

5 Likes