High Sec Moon Poaching?

I like to bring up what I think the point of contention actually was at the time for objectivity’s sake, but I agree that there will always be a point of contention just beyond the last compromise.

As I’ve written in my linked post, the carebears and the new players are the ones who are going to suffer, because the bears can only compete with rookies, not with actually skilled players who bait them into shooting.

One simply can not balance a competitive game around the weakest link without ruining it for those who are actually competitive. The only ones believing otherwise are those who don’t yet know better and those who can’t compete without artificial help.

4 Likes

What are you laughing at? Your own ignorance?

I’m gonna guess that you think ninja salvagers should be suspected too?

The time-to-warp thing wasn’t to stop bumping as much as it was to stop people getting stuck.

Perhaps that’s why it’s a bad fix for bumping.

3 Likes

No I dont but someone spending a billion to create an ore body that previously didnt exist means it is theirs from the start.

Here its more like when you plant a tree in the forest and then everybody can breathe the oxygen from it. Or when every bug in forest can eat the leaves.

3 Likes

The original dev blog said it was to fix bumping, they later changed their tune and gave that excuse in a thread.

2 Likes

There is a simple fix, but its removing the volumes. That would fix all the stuck and bump cases once and for all. But that also means everything flying thru everything without any sense. Just like when you fly thru planet or moon in EVE, these have no volume now.

That was the main reason, but they were looking at freighter Bumping .

I disagree, it is a very good fix for bumping.

But it’s completely undone by a noob frig with a scram. It was never going to be an effective way to stop bumping.

Guess ccp were just hoping it would please the masses.

I’m glad you have everything figured out. I respect people that are willing to work for what they have. Lazy people selfishly take what others have worked for. Go to Null and see how that works out for you.

That’s also fairly easy to explain - you see “normal highsec carebears” is not a homogenous group. and different subgroups exist within those.

Some of them still sit at belts and complain about suicide gankers, others sit at their refinery complexes not considering a suicide gank as an option…

And there are some that are aware of all the methods to deal with consequences (clearing security status, clearing KRs off themselves, or using alt for ganking all together) but simply cannot be arsed with all of it. From last group I haven’t seen anyone complaining about someone “stealing” from their moon belts tho.

The strategic advantage and the easy time that it gave freighter gankers was too much. CCP removed that and made it more dynamic. The comment about it being an easy thing to counter is true, however it is not the whole story, it gets back to being ready to go and setup and makes it more akin to PvP in the rest of the game where you worked against the clock in terms of response but in this case it is against the clock in terms of how many people they can use to suicide point.

The other day I watched Racknar fail a very expensive gank because he was using his accounts to Rorqual mine somewhere in nullsec when he spotted it. So he had to rush log off his Rorquals, log on his gank alts, then get them in the right ships and in position. He used three suicide points but, that was not enough and the freighter got away and docked up. Previously that freighter would have been a certain kill.

This is why it is a very good fix, it removes this bump someone while getting my gank fleet ready at my leisure bullshite, at this point they have to be ready and actively setup to go. This is why it is an improvement in overall balance.

Take it from an AG who has a very good understanding of the impact of this, but of course you won’t.

Good manners. HighSec people are extremely polite. :innocent: Well except those that belong in Null but don’t have the balls for it.

Absolutely if I decided that I was going to finish off someone’s moon belt for them I would make a donation towards their fuel and ask permission first. It just seems the right thing to do.

1 Like

Then build them, it costs 4 million ISK to build 100 empty hulls, and less than that to to at least T1 arm them all if you do industry.

Well, I’m not really ready for a relationship, Ramen, but thank you for asking. Hey, maybe I’ll give you a call sometime. Your number’s still 9-1-1? Aaal-righty then.

The ones who talk to me in Local aren’t.

I’m sorry to hear that, my lady. As I said, there are indeed some people who don’t really belong in high sec. Hooligans of all sorts that fail to appreciate this highly cultured area. I blame CCP for this, as I do for everything. They have forgotten to introduce soap as a trade good. Without a decent substance to wash out their filthy mouths, these loudmouths are indeed sometimes a little bit out of control. One could of course expose them to the vacuum of space to clean out their filthy minds, but as you know that’s frowned upon in these parts.

I can only advice you to follow the proper etiquette and not speak to men to which you are not properly introduced. It will save you a lot of annoyance. it’s also very good to avoid high blood pressure.

:smiley:

1 Like

That is the proper blaming you administer mister. :ok_hand: