Highsec combat

But they don’t. They already operate with Facpo chasing them

So pulling the last 2000 ganks, that represented:

235 different gank characters
159 (67.7%) are outlaw

In the 2000 ganks, there were 5301 appearances of attackers.

Unsurprisingly, those that appear on kills the most, have low sec status.

Of the 5301 attacker appearances, 4489 (84.5%) were outlaw at the time of the gank.

That’s purely just looking at those below -5 at the time of the gank.

So at least 85% of the time, active gankers are operating, already with Facpo being a consideration.

If that was increased even to 100% of the time, it would make no difference.

Go check what I’ve written. You’ll find the same values.

So again, what difference will it make at all?

1 Like

I said mostly. If you’re going to nitpick, read the text closer. Mostly is pretty damn accurate given that emp family and 4-4 are by far the biggest markets.

Throwing ships away is treating them like ammo, yes. That was my point. There’s a difference between putting something at risk and treating something as disposable. You’ve tried hard to equate them, but they are not the same. Risk of loss vs certainty of loss, you know. Ganking is trading the cost of the ship for the hope of a bigger prize. Mining, pve, etc. isn’t a direct trade like that.

Your reasoning is getting better, but you’re desperately reaching here. You’d be better off comparing risk of bad loot from a gank, but then I’d mention that cargo scanners exist. You should try addressing my points. It might work better.

No. I have lots of the data as zkillboard provides an API and a redis stream as well as a websocket based stream.

CCP also publicly provide all killmails for wars, independent of zkillboard (which isn’t relevant to this specific discussion, but another source of data).

Here, start here (which is linked at the bottom of the zkillboard homepage):

I also have lots of code to analyse the data. So yes, it’s easy to analyse the data quickly.

1 Like

good times

As the old saying goes, ignorance is bliss.

It’s no problem proposing changes, but it doesn’t seem on the basis of current posts in this thread, that what is being asked for will have any affect on ganking at all. If it has no affect, then what good is it for?

Just a bit of critical analysis of the idea, might lead to changes that actually achieve the outcome you are after.

You equated abyssal ships as costs of doing business. The difference between that and mining ships is semantics. You trade the cost of a mining barge with the hope of making more money than it costs before you lose it.

Your’s never really made any sense.

1 Like

This really is the last one.

The only way, that I know< to fix faction standing is through storyline missions. There is no other way.

You can bang on sec status all day, but you can fix it in 5 minutes with clone tags. That solves the problem of the faction police shooting you for being below a certain level. You can’t do that with faction standing. I don’t know how many times I can say this.

Oh, since you don’t know what faction standing is, it’s how a given faction views you. You can find it in the standings subtab under the interaction tab on the char sheet. If you have faction standing under -2 with a given empire faction, they shoot you. It’s not concord, so they’re not guaranteed to kill you. They don’t automatically spawn, either, so you can avoid them if you’re careful.

Please don’t ever lecture anyone on critical thinking ever again until you learn to read for detail.

Again, have a nice day.

And yet they don’t for the most part. You are just unwilling (or unable) to actually look at the data and see for yourself.

So you can bang on about faction standing all day and it will have 0 affect on ganking.

What it is, is clear. It is just irrelevant, because facpo also shoot characters on the basis of their sec status, so they are already chasing gankers around, with no impact on ganking.

I called the certainty of ship loss, over a long enough timeline, a cost of doing business with regard to abyssals. The difference here is that, preferably, the ratio of ship loss to completed abyssals should not be 1:1. That is the ratio with ganking. The differences between periodic and 1:1 should be readily apparent. As a hypothetical, if you lose 1 ship per 4 completed abyssals, then you loss ratio is 1 in 5. Game mechanics make that ratio, or anything better than 1:1, impossible with ganking.

Again, with mining, I talked about risk of loss, not certainty of loss. if you think risk and certainty with regard to loss are the same thing, well, I can’t really help you there. All I can say is good luck with that reasoning if you give it to an insurance company.

It’s yours. If you’re going to try to insult me, don’t look dumb while you do it. It undercuts the whole effort.

Exactly, semantics. Over a long enough timeline the certainty of losing a barge is the same.

You may never lose a mining barge. You may never lose an abyss ship. I haven’t.

The irony.

Yes. Any ship that undocks is disposable.

2 Likes

Man, you should look up the definition of semantics sometime. You might be shocked.

If you lost barges at a 1:1 rate, you’d lose them every time you undocked. I’m fairly certain the ratio of barge loss isn’t anything like that in the game. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

You should look up irony too. I get that everybody uses it as some rough analogue for sarcasm now, but that ain’t it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Done with you too. The charm of teasing the puppy has worn off.

God forbid anybody bother to read the whole “risk of loss vs certainty of loss” bit I did upthread.

Of course, this is eve-o. It’s normal.

Oh look, high sec ganking whine thread # 1,247,912. How original…

1 Like

dude, your name is quakegod hahahahahahahahahaha

Right. But we’re talking about abyss and barges.

You said abyss ships are like ammo. I, and others, are saying mining barges are the same.

You also say ganking has no trade-off, but then what is the trade-off of mining? Or abyss?

tenor (1)

1 Like

no man, trying to copy my bit won’t work

to borrow from you, be original

Oh please God, concede me that grace.