Historic Military Site At Risk

Greetings fellow capsuleers! I am not one to post on forums, but this is a topic near and dear to my heart.

Some of you may know me in game, very few of you may know me out of game. I am a US Veteran currently living in Canada on a permanent resident visa with my wife of 5 years. We met gaming about 10 years ago after my time in the military. But enough about me.

I have come before you to ask for your help. There is a petition that needs signing to save a historical site in France. Here are the details.

• 14,000 Canadians landed on D-Day on June 6th, 1944. There were 1,096 Canadian casualties that day, including 381 killed;

• Foncim is building a 70-unit condominium just east of the Juno Beach Center (JBC) between the museum and Seulles River;

• The JBC was not consulted on the project by the previous mayor who granted the development permit or the developer;

• Foncim’s Dunes property is encircled, and the developer was legally granted access to their build site through the sole road to the JBC;

• The JBC paid for the construction of this road on land leased to them for 99 years by the town of Courseulles-sur-Mer for the sole purpose of providing visitors with access to the JBC;

• A bailiff could arrive any day to request access to the road. An estimated 850 construction vehicles will access the road over the 22 months of the project. The road was not built for the excess weight of construction vehicles; and

• This construction project will create accessibility restraints for the museum and disrupt the museum’s abilities to run day-to-day activities and annual international ceremonies; and

• Above all, building luxury seaside condos undermines the duty of memory we owe to those soldiers, and it insults their sacrifice.

If you are a Canadian or currently living here legally, you can sign the petition. Please read the rules in the link provided. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Link to House of Commons Petition Site: Petition e-3935 - Petitions

If this in anyway violates the rules of the forum, please take it down and accept my sincerest apologies!

2 Likes

Prolly does, but you wont see me enforcing nonsense legalities.

1 Like

Not Canadian, but you make a good case, so I wish you the power of 3. Good Luck.

1 Like

Many thanks my internet friend <3.

I am not sure how many of the nearly 150 people that have looked at the tread, took the time to fill out the petition, but we are close. I just checked and we have 455 of the 500 signatures needed to bring it to the house of commons. If you don’t happen to be a Canadian or legal resident of Canada, please forward the link to any of your Canadian friends.

To those who did take the time to fill out the petition, thank you very much for your time!

2 Likes

Does being Scottish count? from a History standpoint xD

Seriously tho good Luck.

I really wish other countries could help. However, it is going before the Canadian House of Commons, so they will only accept Canadian signatures :frowning: . Thanks for the words of encouragement! <3

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.