How Can I BEST Help New Eve Online Players? :parrotdad:

Tell them to do it on an alt when they’ve learned the rest of the game and have the background info to be able to make rational decisions.

1 Like

Point them to the great NPSI communities like Bombers Bar and Spectre fleet … or if you are German speaking, Black Rise public fleet.

2 Likes

As a newbie I enjoyed mining! It allowed me to make enough ISK to buy skillbooks or new ships in case I needed them, which meant I had the means to come back after a loss.

But the best thing about mining was that it allowed me time to read up on EVE in the mean time. :grin:

4 Likes

Might I shamelessly plug EVE University here? No corporation is perfect, but I’m so glad to have access to their resources and classes.

4 Likes

That ain’t nice.

The removal was an accident, then I reconsidered my post and felt that it was more bragging than being helpful.

you talk, you help but give them things that they can learn from. That is why the Bus gives fitted ships and does the occasional field trip. They learn nothing from isk.

m

6 Likes

I managed to catch Mike’s actual post before the edit, pasted below:

“Take them to Thera and bathe them in the blood of the diggers. The barge’s wings are clipped and it drags its flightless body on the ground, begging for the final blow. Do not provide indulgence; it must atone. The dark ones arise as the crow flies at midnight, and take their souls to fertile Pochva. The meat remains to rot, but gives birth to a golden egg. And when the shell is shed, they arise anew, serving their Queen, of the three, and the fifteen.”

And then just a bunch of triangle symbols.

Not sure what any of it means, but when I posted that, I felt really strange, and got the urge to run to the kitchen and start eating salt right out of the shaker. I can’t stop. Help.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with salt, a LOT of Eve was built upon it.

But I fly with Edencom (as far as I can remember)

m

1 Like
~   
~    │\☻.╤╾   
〇̲___(EDENCOM)════
/̲"̲̅"̲̅"̲̅"̲̅ ̲̅ ̲̅ ̲̅ ̲̅ ̲̅ ̲̅ ̲̅ ̲̅▔̲̅╲̲
'╲⊙̲⊙̲⊙̲⊙̲⊙̲⊙̲⊙̲⊙̲╱

Gank them to free them out of their catatonic PvE activities, and then help them to get back to the real EVE (PvP).

Such a limited perspective.

4 Likes

I’ve actually done this.

Really ? Dang, thinking of new things really is hard

Alas my wardrobe is extensive, but my wallet is barren.

1 Like

It’s a bitter irony that the only way we can afford to buy clothes is by taking them off for money.

1 Like

As you have learned, minus a very few notable exceptions the people replying here just like being dicks.

My suggestion:

Share your knowledge. Spend time in the new citizens sub-forum and help these lost souls through their first steps in the game. I did it for a year or so way back when and it was pretty rewarding. As well, I gained some friendships that I still have these many years later.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Hey, i get paid to tell people to take their clothes off, while I rub my hands all over them :stuck_out_tongue:

@Mr_Epeen the only dick here is you, foggy.

1 Like

If I gank a newbie in low sec, I’ll usually refund their ship + add a little extra isk if they’re a good sport.

3 Likes

I’m just picturing you strutting around your mom’s double wide with your chest puffed out while pumping your fist and yelling “Woohoo! Ah owned him! Ah owned him real good”.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

4 Likes

idk who’s window you are staring through, but it sure isn’t mine. now run along.