I have a serious issue with this game. It would be fun if I stood a chance in fights. But right now I can’t seem to win a single fight. I tried a lot ( over the last 5 years ). I have almost max skills, but I still lose many fights even vs lesser ships ( faction ships vs t1 frig, t2 frig vs t1 frig ). I lose everything ( or 90% of the fights to be more exact, the other 10% are mainly group kills ).
I would be okay with losing a fight every now and then. But this is reaching a ridiculous point where I spend all my in-game time grinding boring ■■■■ just so someone else can blow my ship up. After that the refitting also takes a lot of time. Generally for 1 minute of PvP in a decent ship I have to do other PvE stuff for 4 hours. So I don t get why they call this a PvP game anymore.
I tried the game several times and I do like it overall. I however do not have the time / intention to memorise every ship, strategy, overlay bug, etc. just to win a fight vs seemingly invincible experienced veteran players.
At this point I don’t even understand how EVE can keep the interest of new players who have to fight or flee against the few that win almost everything.
Should I just quit the game? Or is there something that can still be entertaining? ( Don’t say mining or another grinding activity ).
Not in all areas but I m pretty much maxed out on Minmatar frigates that use turrets. Battlecruisers, Cruisers and Destroyers too, but they are too expensive for me to fly.
This post isn’t about what fits I should use. It is about the fact that I have to spend hours in PvE to have a few minutes of PvP, which I always lose ( mainly because I don’t have a chance vs more experienced players ).
How does being loose have anything to do with winning a fight?
Start using T1 ships and message the people that beat you and ask for fits and strategies. You will find most PvP low sec players friendly and helpful. The more experience you get the more fun you will be to fight.
Fitting a t1 ship is almost as expensive as a faction one. And if anything, I have less chance to actually win fights with them. Nor will I learn anything because they usually explode in seconds. I really don’t want to go through another 5 years of ‘getting experience’ to have any success and/or fun in this game.
I suppose if you want to make excuses for your apparent lack of experience instead of taking constructive advice you can just go lose more.
With your sp you could be scary in a Tristan or Rifter. More isk doesn’t always solve the problem. I have killed battleships with assault frigates and killed dead space fit faction frigates with t1 fit Tristans.
Hop in a crap fit ship and tell the next guy that kills you that you would like to fleet up for experience. Extra points if you hop in to teamspeak or discord.
A few hours running high sec anomalies will yeild enough cash to go PvP in t1 frigates for days. I made 4 billion in the last couple days just building and selling Gilas from the BPCs that seem to drop like candy. I run the anomalies with a destroyer.
Do some missions for your faction and turn lp into stuff worth selling or ferry modules from highsec to your FW front and sell it higher than you bought it.
You have to understand that unless you buy plex with real cash to fund your in game expenses you need to invest quite a bit of planing into making yourself self-sufficient
You re obviously better than me. I can make maybe 10M isk/hr on average doing missions. And much less doing anomalies. Are you flying a t1 destroyer? I did a lot of anomalies in my battlecruiser. But I never got anything worthwhile in the sites ( aside from escalations and their loot ).
I use a Hecate in Gurista high sec. They can easily kill the anomalies and scan the signatures. The real cash is in 4/10s. C-type invulns and Gila bpcs. I get 1-3 5/10 escalations that also pay out pretty good but are more rare.