How to easily PLEX from ALPHA to OMEGA with in-game activities

It took me a month. by the way my 11 year old account is misleading, my inactivity ranged from 2008 to 2019.

And honestly, now that I know what to do, I could do set it up in a little more than a week from scratch.

You only need Interplanetary Consolidation IV (~3days training), **Command Center Upgrades IV (~3days), and all the requisites for BR-fitted Nereus/Epithals (~6days). Of course with new account I suppose you could just SP it instantly.

With that, you’re ready to make real isk relatively passively.

Now, as for trading, don’t get me wrong, I don’t disagree with your trading sentiments or knowledge.

I’m just trying to figure out what you mean by 5%-10% on 10B.

You are now mashing quotes from different posts by different people together…it wont make sense…

The core point was that with significant capital, lets say 10B, you can easily earn enough to PLEX an account or two. At just 2% of that capital in profits per day, that’s 6B a month…and earning 2% profits is pretty darn easy.

I know I know…I’m giving you a hard time cuz there’s a lot of variables that goes into that “luck”.

I literally loved Scouting when I first restarted the game, and scouted scouted scouted, hours of scouting. Built up good capital, was modest income. I tried to do it Alpha, kept hitting walls everywhere I went when trying to move up that cheddah-chain.

I just figured your luck was very lucky, I think the realistic average for scouting as Alpha, for me anyway, came out to about 20m an hour.

But now I learned from someone I can do 20m an hour playing project discovery, so project discovery became my “basic income” standard.

The big issue with PI I think is as you put it earlier “99% of people don’t know what the F- they are doing” and there is a reason for that. It takes a lot of insight, planning and “complex” actions to execute it effectively. I thought I was a great organizer but wow, PI kicked my ass after about 3 planets…You really need to manage the big picture while micro’ing the small pictures…most are good at only one or the other…

But yes, once set-up it was like free ISK…even with the low level crap I was making.

Someone has to, ffs.

Your guilded truffles dont grown on trees

I mean, they literally DO grow on trees…roots rather :slight_smile:

Back when BS were near 200M, earning 50M from going into LS and flying out an unarmed BS to sell was a blast and great cash…PLEX at 600M was also great!

Those were the days…man that was a blast…The Russians in Mito (Lontrek) terrified me but man I pulled a lot from that area.

yelling “MA! Get my rocking chair, I want to do some reminiscing!”

@Runa_Yamaguchi

I did the work on an excel sheet.

There are only 397 in game items that trade at any volume over 1000 units a day, and 1Billion in value of trade a day.

I think even 1000 units a day is too liberal, it might need to be 10,000 units a day to even get a few sales…

So there’s a very SMALL pool of tradeable items per day to earn even close to 1B a day. In my estimation.

1 Like

If we cut it off at 10,000 orders a day, there’s only 145 tradedable items that moved 1B isk a day.

1 Like

There’s only 66 items in the game that have more than 10,000 orders, and more than 10B in daily trading value.

If those 66 items are not of a greater than 5-8% margin between sells and buys, then the margin trading method won’t really be an option there either.

Basically. let’s say you need to move 10B in product a day to make your margin trades…

Well we don’t have a big enough pool with the 66, and they probably are close in margin anyway, so let’s generally say we want MORE than 1,000 but less than 10,000 orders, and MORE than 500m and less than 10B in daily value.

ACTUALLY

We’ll raise the cap to 20B daily trading value. Because I assume anything over 20B in trading value and under 10,000 orders is going to already be pretty tight margins.

There are 145 Tradable items in this category that you can POSSIBLY make money on.

There’s a total traded value of 832Billion isk per day in these items.

1 Like

Wow we look at the markets totally differently. Not to say either is right/wrong though.

I strictly look at ROI/PM and then seed according and my price range is generally from 1M to 200M. My rule of thumb is to hit 10% minimum PM (net) and I generally stay away from high volume items because I don’t want to babysit things. I generally check my orders twice a day.

This in not an aggressive position but it’s done over about 150 items so the averages play out. My profit ranges from 60M to 150M depending on the day and how if I adjust more than twice.

For me, the main thing is to NOT be in the top items list as that either means more babysitting OR a longer return time as the market ebbs/flows…

Interesting stuff really…

Ninja-looting/Salvaging invasion sites takes the cake. If you’re on point you can break 500-750m a day off ■■■■ that isn’t even yours. Triglavians only aggro ships engaged in combat or generating some form of indirect aggro profile (logistic, assisted drones, ewar). Which means that 90% of the time you’re free to scuttle around very red grids and succ wrecks with impunity. That 10% is you trying to do that while you’re the only one on grid.

What’s even better is that you start off with literally all the skills you’d need from character creation. The only hard skills that’ll be trained are Salvaging Drones, MWD and your destroyer of choice (although you can use the sunesis literally out of the gate)…

2 Likes

The little bonsues are the best, the Tayra wrecks with the BPOs and the Leopards in them.

Oh god :face_vomiting:…tell me that didn’t happen.

1 Like

Oh yeah. Triggy Invasions turn gates into a mesh that sieves out the good stuff from the dross traffic.

1 Like

This seems reasonable. The rabbit hole I went down was to test the hypothesis of could we earn 1b a day sustainably from trading?

I think from my initial look at the stats the answer is a few could…but not much more than that.

10…or 20 traders at those levels of trading would start to become the market…influencing more than 25% the value of tradable goods in the sweet spot.

If we look outside the sweet spot there’s more room to play…but far less money. So the 1b/day tier starts to lose support.

If you reduce to 100m/day that’s a 10fold increase.

The market can probably support up to 200 active strong traders earning 100m a day in the sweet spot.

And since theres a lot of 500m-1b trading items theres a lot more room for 100m a day traders to earn their isk.

Because of this I’d say the margins are probably squeezed at the sweet spot…so I bet if I gave you that list of items youd say you almost never trade them…

Items above the sweet spot almost certainly see no day trading or margins trading. Even though there’s large money there…theres not enough orders for margins to develop.

Most likely because generally speaking fast moving items also have tighter margins regardless if you make them, station trade or market trade. As I want my minimums, that automatically rules out a lot.

Take Damage Control II for example. Super in demand and high volume but unlikely you can make 10% on it market trading and maybe only 1 or 2 hubs would support station trading. Plus then you have to worry about either gutting buried under a ton of .01 updates or maybe a long cycle time.

I do sell them though but sit on them until some try hard tries to corner the market in Jita…then I dump…

And just to say again, I didn’t initially rains the 10B point but just went with it after another did. I think a more realistic number would be to have 3 Apha traders at each hub (255 orders). Try to have about 1B in SELLs and 5B in BUYs…even if only 10% of your product moves per day (500M) and you make 10% on that, that’s 50M, for Alphas. In a month(a bit over) you can earn your PLEX and these are horrible numbers so…

This actually sounds kinda fun…humm…

I don’t think most players looking for help from this thread will be the type to go out of their way to try and run multiple alpha characters for market work. We’re now entering armchair theorycrafting and getting off topic.

Very true but at 78 posts, most would have stopped reading after the 10th post so…

:rofl:

just flying through trig areas i see lots of player wrecks. I have made some good isk from exploration but it isn’t as consistent and does have risk. Awhile ago I was hacking a can and this creepy guy in a Bustard warped in and just sat there next to me. nobody else on dscan just creepy dude watch in me. kinda worse than a gank

1 Like