How to get more people to play eve

This jumped into my head this morning. Abyssal space is a nice feature, since it is basically a portable combat site that you can use anywhere. What CCP needs to do is remove that ability to scan it with probes, combat or otherwise. The ability to scan the entrance/exit point serves no purpose other than for a “griefer” to know that a wounded ship is going to pop out in less than 20 minutes

I think you’ll find that it’s a deliberate design decision.

When CCP add stuff like Abyssal Space, one of the design goals is to provide an opportunity for conflict to happen.

1 Like

You mean other customer?

This is a PvP game, don’t be a sore loser and resort to name calling.

I get that conflict is part of the game, however ships can be scanned with Combat Probes before it enters the Abyss and after it emerges, so conflict can happen. Camping an Abyssal exit is pretty much station/gate camping, but the victim does not have the option to stay docked or not jump through the gate

1 Like

Good riddance.

1 Like

CCP should remove abysmal space entirely.

2 Likes

I’m being sincere. Players are more engaged when feeling empowered and being able to impact their surroundings. It’s sometimes referred to as agency.

Protecting players from one an other has put enough restrictions into the game that there aren’t many options for new players to get out there and mix it up. And thats what makes the game fun.

“the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built” -CCP Solomon

1 Like

Two lies to here:

Players do have a hope of defending themselves. You are referring to players that WON’T defend themselves. There’s a big difference between someone who tries to learn how to protect themselves in new eden and someone who feel they shouldn’t have to put effort into survival.

You posted suggestions for wormhole space that the wormhole community at large don’t want. You were shown how the wormhole community at large had expressly requested ccp not add the features in question to wormhole space.

Grow up man. The world does not revolve around you and it should be very telling that you have to be dishonest to further your arguments.

A T1 frigate has little it can actually defend itself against and that’s mostly other T1 frigates. Everything else must be avoided. I wouldn’t really say running away and hiding from other players is really “defence”. There are definitely times where players are outgunned, and unfortunately for new players that is most of the time.

Everything in EVE involves some risk of other players destroying your ship. That’s a cornerstone of the game and shouldn’t be removed. Risk vs. Reward. It just seems new players have a higher relative risk than experienced players.

Perhaps, perhaps not. But it doesn’t matter.

When you answer a post about new players, you should say something that’s relevant to new players. Restating parts of the “bittervet maifesto” doesn’t count.

2 Likes

Your misconception about t1 frigates aside, of course running away is a defence. Look at the gazelle vs the cheetah.

Do you really expect ccp to provide you with a way to fight out of every encounter no matter the odds? If not, what DO you expect?

Why not? Cause you don’t like it? Doesn’t fit your narrative?

New players should be able to mess with others. There are few things more engaging than a new player taking out an older one. Unfortunately these kind of encounters a lot rarer than they used to be, ironically because of changes made in the name of ‘protect the nooby’.

3 Likes

And is cornerstone which will ruine Eve …
Because: what goes around, come around …

BTW Who is CCP Solomon, someone important? Where is he ? What he done beside that paroles ???

Blah blah blah, 15 $ per month to be ganked ??? Not in 2019.

1 Like

2003 called, it’s happy to see that particular whine is maturing into a fruity vintage of excellent quality.

3 Likes

Jonah Gravenstein or Don Quixote ???

same, both live in past ,

This is what i’m talking about for months now…

We have to get RID of opinions like that before we can move on into the future…

Just make the game more and more casual and they will ragequit feeling betrayed in masses and we (the reasonable people) can play this game like it should be played in 2019…

1 Like

The new player leave rate tells another story…more than 80% of new accounts are not ingame anymore after the first month…you call this healthy?

Well this is a strange sight on health…

I’m not the person repeating a statement that dates back to 2003, people then were saying the same thing; yet here we are in 2019.

The suppression of dissenting opinion stomps all over any freedom of speech that the forum allows; and you wonder why I call you a totalitarian.

I don’t like what you have to say, but I think that you should be free to say it; and that I should be free to point out any flaws that I see in it, just as you are free to pick holes in what I say.

Just make the game more and more casual and they will ragequit feeling betrayed in masses and we (the reasonable people) can play this game like it should be played in 2019…

You’ve offered no evidence that significant numbers from the mainstream market will come to Eve if the game becomes more casual, and in some suggestions to achieve this, significantly different for a majority of existing PvP and PvE players, merely your opinion.

Which appears to be limited to

• Remove PvP from hisec, regardless of the consequences for the game at large.

• It’s 2019 not 2003.

• CCP MUST…

• Mainstream audience.

4 Likes

You don’t get to rethink about this?

Maybe,just maybe,YOUR sight on the game is way outdated and needs to be adapted to the present?

But wait…i KNOW your answer…this is a pvp game,it always was and ever will be…there is NO argument or reality that will convince you otherwise right?
Even a slight change away from 2003 is blasphemic…

What does not have to be that cannot be…it shouldn’t be…it mustn’t…

THIS is why i’m stating such things…because YOU are bad for a game that has to compete in 2019…it’s not 2003 anymore…your opinion is as outdated as it could be…

And btw…no proof that new players would be attracted?
What about YOUR proof that the actual status works while seeing a massive player loss?

Doesen’t look like working out for me…