How to get more people to play eve

Get rid of opinions? Oh dear, your true self is showing again.

2 Likes

This can be the most idiotic reaction by any gaming community ever to bad game changes.

No. I gave you an elaborate argument about why safety is bad. It is below. Nowhere it said “we did it like this 15 years ago” etc. You chose to conveniently ignore the argument and spew toxicity, as you are not interested in a fruitful discussion.

Imagine you are a Rorqual pilot, and I have a 100 man fleet hunting Rorquals. A single Rorqual catch can be the reason to play for 100 people for that night. 5 Rorquals a month can be the reason for 100 people to keep subbed. For every Rorqual pilot’s sacrifice, many times over players keep playing the game. Moveover, when your alliance goes on the offensive, you can kill other people’s Rorquals with your fleet and the same cycle goes on.

But if conditions are safe enough (due to how game mechanics work) for your Rorqual, then my fleet won’t be able kill it. In that case people who like to hunt Rorquals will slowly starve of content and leave the game. And people who like to mine in Rorquals will slowly stop logging in in 2 years, because there is nothing to farm anymore. Of course the Rorqual and the 100 man fleet is a toy example, but stuff like this is exactly what’s been happening in later years of Eve. In most mined regions, only %2.5 of all mining revenue converts to kills of mining ships. That is extremely low.

If you are a null mega empire member who likes their friends extreme capability to save him under distress, it is hard to understand why safety in nullsec is wrong. But it is.

1 Like

Hm… Yet for some reason this is the most popular response here to posts where people complain that their particular area of the game was changed and no more profitable/fun/etc…
“Adapt or die”

:wink:

The most recent Rorqual changes resulted in Templeton N coming back which then got one of my ex-corp mates to come back because he loves being in Templetons N’s BB fleets. And a number of Rorquals died on his 15 hour fleet on Sunday, my friend lasted for nine hours.

I don’t think I can define Rorqual mining as PvE because by it’s very nature you are sitting immobile in open combat space while compressing. It is PvP. CCP in the end balanced the Rorqual on the basis of entities like the Goons, thus making it impossible for smaller entities to defend them. It is what it is.

I have to say I really dislike the max number of accounts per player that Eve has turned into and see it as one of the reasons why Eve is slowly dying.

Actually I think they finally realized and acted on their own data (ie MER) as it’s bloody obvious to everyone that the economy is borked and that effects everyone.

I agree that the economy is borked, however adjustment of the spawn rates and impact of over mining would be a better approach. The Goons can still defend their Rorquals in the main, most others cannot, thus removing them from the nullsec game and making the blue block even stronger… But if that is what people want, fine. But I don’t think it is?

Actually I I would say that the Rorquals’ needed to be nerfed AND the overall spawn rate dropped in half(?) so then in a few months when the stockpiles were running low, conflict over the resource rich areas would increase drastically…THEN CCP could reevaluate ore spawn rates and the Rorquals.

We all know where the more ore is being mined and we also know how…the ship is one problem but not the only one…

1 Like

Fair enough, I am concerned that a number of other entities will find themselves unable to compete with the Imperium because Rorqual mining has become impossible for them. CCP have a hell of a job balancing around the Imperium, which is a mark of the Imperiums success.

1 Like

But really CCP can’t worry about who would be effected by the changes but rather just shoot for a better overall economic situation. They kinda broke the economy in 2017 and now it needs fixing…

…just hope it works.

Me too!

Min / Max is killing this game…

1 Like

To quote him yet again:

“Diversity is just watering the straight.”
“Re-education works.”

The sad part is that I’m not allowed calling him the N-word, despite it hitting the nail on the head. Nono, not the one referring to black people. The other N-word.

2 Likes

Well… I’m not sure that it would be good if as result you get 0.0-sec space owned by one entity. Entity which is not going to destroy itself from internal drama and not gonna allow someone grow up to be able to beat it down.

My guess is that every change should at least try to hit goons harder than others. Not that i see any as possible anyway…

1 Like

If one entity can own all of null then good for them…it wont happen so moot.

…and I totally disagree that a change should target one group more than another. It has to be done for the good of the game overall.

should never have been a ‘thing’

1 Like

How then do you address CCP’s position, which is almost certainly catering to the 20% who have 80% of the impact? (And obviously you can debate what CCP thinks is “good” and “impact”).

They have explicitly stated this adherence to the 80:20 rule as being the criterion they use when it comes to assessing if “their” CSM has the correct mix. How then do you get them to address “overall”?

get everyone else to quit?

1 Like

You might be right, though there was some fun gameplay around it at times.

‘ish’

A lot of people started getting hard ons for it so that everything became about that; which for me sadly is … well its just not fun especially when you’ve told them several times ‘‘theres a titan on the end of that’’ and they still attack with the ten man gang i’m in - tis a sure fire way to make me not be in your fleet again tbvh.

Its also the reason why i believe rorq should not be able to cyno AND panic at the same time.

That is something I have seen suggested before and totally agree with it.

1 Like