How to get more people to play eve

Nuuri is desperately trying to…

1 Like

Everything but pvp.

Your question is flawed, you should be asking “what in eve is not PVP OPTIONAL”.
Because by default almost all activities are PvE

And to answer, yes there is activities CURRENTLY not pvp optional (solo abyssal for example).

The problem is you guys are using terms in ways that you think they mean, when we (designers/devs) use them differently.

• Player vs Player
  • Player vs Environment

By default they are diametrically opposed. Naturally, PvP is designed to include toward other players, While players in environments are designed to fight npcs.

Your trying to Say, that people who mine are pvpers, and are doing pvp, because there is an option that players can do to come and PvP, but that is not the case. Yes, you are engaged in pvp combat, but that does not change the natural state of pve, from being pve, to being pvp.

Ergo, most of the game is pve based, your just trying to make it pvp because pvp is inclined to a forced situation.

We can reverse this to prove my point is accurate by saying.

Is mining pvp, if you had no ability to shoot people in high sec? the answer is definitely, NO.

PVP doesn’t just mean shooting at each other there sport…

2 Likes

This is correct,
When you mine you are in direct competition with another player or group of players, either for direct resources, market sales or the denial there of by manufacturing your own ships and modules.

Yes it does, son.

Please show us where that is written…

Ok, now we are gona go to a symantical game. So i’ll nip this one one the butt.

Im a game designer, and im making a game, i an advocating for pvp game, Do you think of combat, or trading? And with that you lose the argument. Please dont play stupid games, your just wasting everyones time, and its not helping eve.

If your going to play games like this ill ask you to define every term we use in general conversation, and then screen shot it for records, or tare apart your positions later.

I have some personal advice for you. Its ok if you disagree with me, I am actually very flexable on my approach, just not my often my conclusions.

For example, I believe that abuse in high sec is out of control, my approach is removing high sec criminal actions, but i am actually very open on how to remove or reduce those actions.

I could agree with reducing the “criminal state” from -5.0, to -2.5 for example, so that entities will reach that state faster, instead of out right removing high sec criminal actions; but i am sold on this needs to be significantly reduced and i am not going to budget on that, its my position based on my experience as a designer.

the point im making is, if you really here to make this game better, then lets talk, and fix it, but playing stupid games with alt spam, abuse of the isd staff, and so forth is not going to help anything, unless your goal is to just abuse the staff and players a like (in which case may the creator expose your intention, and destroy you)

amarr victor

If you are in competition with somebody then it is literally one player vs another player…If this was a stock market game then it still would be player vs player…it’s not player vs AI now is it?

1. For most games, this refers to Player vs Player, where two people play against each other, as opposed to against a computer

@runa_yamaguchi

You just displayed intellectual dishonesty (that means you are hiding the truth behind a lie to be “right” and not for “what is right”)

Player Vs. Player
used in all Online games refering to 2 players fighting each other to see who is stronger and or better.

…and more…

Player(s) versus player(s) , better known as PvP , is a type of multiplayer interactive conflict within a game between two or more live participants.[1] This is in contrast to games where players compete against computer-controlled opponents and/or players, which is referred to as player versus environment (PvE). The terms are most often used in games where both activities exist,[2] particularly MMORPGs, MUDs, and other role-playing video games. PvP can be broadly used to describe any game, or aspect of a game, where players compete against each other. PvP is often controversial when used in role-playing games. In most cases, there are vast differences in abilities between experienced and novice players. PvP can even encourage experienced players to immediately attack and kill inexperienced players.[3] PvP is sometimes called player killing.

1 Like

brb let me go write a wiki leak about how pvp is only combat.

I quoted from two sources to show you what is commonly known and understood as to what PvP means.

RE: you writing a wiki…ya, I wouldn’t put that one past you…

1 Like

@Nuuri_Naarian
This was why I phrased what I said in response to your “EVE is largely PVE-based” the way I did. While yes a majority of activities within EVE are focused around the player interacting with the environment or non-playable characters within a space where they’re subject to direct non-consensual player aggression, the players themselves can and are almost constantly in competition with others in these PVE activities by simply engaging in it.

Semantics or not, it’s how a large group of the online community has come to understand what PvE and PvP is defined as - PvE would have the removal of player competition while PvP has the existence of player competition. It’s like how the term “Pay-to-Win” and its concept has evolved from “buying power” to what it is today.

Also, it’s cool and all that you’re a game designer making a game and all, but that bit of information doesn’t really add to the discussion or give any validation to your opinions on the subject.

Never go full Balos

2 Likes

You are stuck in old meta whch killed Eve :rofl:

We get it, you had a bad experience with the game and would prefer to see it changed to how you want it to be.

Thankfully that isn’t your decision.

2 Likes

Its none of our choices, actually, and that includes ccp. all they can do now is look at the opinion and pass it up. To be honest, from the sound of the system, most of this stuff is a waste of time; when i start believing that is the point i start jumping over ceo’s heads and going to bod and investors to convince them if they want positive change in the game, they need to start firing ceos.

People are out crying for the changes im advocating for, you guys are trying to suppress it.
This abuse needs to stop.

1 Like

You will find that you are part of a small minority that is crying for the changes you suggest.

I mean on these forums, in recent times, that minority has been Balos and LSG. Do you really want to be part of that?

Having read quite a number of your posts now, I still don’t feel like you’ve ever given a concrete argument for your opinion other than “I’m right and the game needs to comply to my wishes, otherwise it will die”.

Present solid arguments and people will have a rational discussion with you.

2 Likes

Must of missed something, clueless about these terms.

Wait, increasing the population of eve by double is not a valid, concrete argument? Is that you, my bff, on another alt?