How to get more people to play eve

Coordination is a force multiplier, as important as numbers themselves.

Individual warriors being no match for coordinated soldiers is what Rome was built on.

2 Likes

Look at what he wants to do, look at what he wants to achieve, look at what the outcome would be if he found a fuckton of people who are equally mentally ill like him.

When you tolerate the intolerant they will overrun you. Considering the fact that we like the game as it is and that deliberately harming new players, so they quit, is absolutely the opposite of what we want, it is safe to say that you’re not thinking this through.

You don’t tolerate Balos either and this guy is actually much, much worse.

1 Like

Not in the forums, no. In game it is free for all. That is the game is choose to play, not “my little pony”

If we let him drive off new players, the word will spread that no one gives a ■■■■ about said new players, causing not only plenty to quit because of these assholes, but also causing them to stop showing up in the first place. And to top all of that, rookie griefers will join this game with the intention of killing it.

As I said … you’re not thinking this through.

2 Likes

The only one that gets driven off is the one who lets himself be driven off.

They’re new players. Do you have no empathy at all?
You make no sense, Nicolai.

Has the forum turned you into such a bitter player that you can’t think straight anymore? Did it turn you so anti-social, you can’t see that we are responsible for our youngsters and that, what he’s doing, is absolutely not - in any way or form - good for the game?

Sure … you can have your opinion, but holy ■■■■ … get some distance.

4 Likes

I want to thank you @Scipio_Artelius for putting all of this info in one post for everyone to see. I know it took some time.

I support your position. When I started CEOs like this were war decced, or awoxed out of business.

If some of you remember, Cannibal Kane stood up to a lot of bad CEOs, and stupid players, like this, back in the day.

The guys, like Kane, who played EVE like that were heroes to me as a new player.

@Scooter_McCabe comes to mind now, along with the Goon Berets, so for those who don’t know that story:

https://imperium.news/inn-investigation-player-aid/

This, and this

Thanks, Scipio, for summing up this situation so well.

3 Likes

You mean the self-proclaimed game designer that’s supposed to know better looking for a safer highsec is potentially an alt of a scumbag taking advantage of new players? I don’t think we’re too surprised by that or their motives.

People take zkilboard that seriously? To each their own; I use it as a learning tool to show different fit types players make for ships, so it is useful to have.

A point I make early on for new players and those interested in the game. I make sure they’re aware that there are some players that will have no problems with trying to scam you or take advantage of you, and that it’s allowed. Which is why the details are important - double check every contract, don’t accept things right away, always look for more info on a corp offering to help you make money and offering safety.

rip, auto-modded on Reddit.

Probably would’ve been amusing to read though.

Edit: yes I know, double-posting. Blame mobile phones.

Killboards:
This is EVE: if information can be used against you, it will certainly happen. In principle, access to that information should be “opt in” only. I suspect it’s one more old decision that would be quite difficult to reverse.

Trust:
Even with the best possible advice, dealing with the trust issue adds significant extra complexity and “work” in a game that’s already far too complicated for beginners.

It’s a hard problem for CCP too: it’s far too late for them to change the rules, their enforcement practices, or the game features that cause the “trust problem”.

1 Like

Thanks. As can you.

Its a ■■■■■■■ game! Youngsters need to be responsible for themselves in a cut-throath game like EvE.

Looking at the MERs I extremely disagree with this statement. And you can look at them too.

Also keep in mind that there are many more players in HS then in all the regions outside of it combined. Last time they said something about it, it was something like 70% of all players in Eve are in HS. This was quite a while ago, so it may or may not be still valid, but am willing to bet its still fairly close and not off too much.

So now, take all the data from the MERs, take your average logged in accounts number and figure out just how many average players are where.

Then you can go further, once you figure out how many players are where, you can take the regional income data provided by the MERs and can divide it by the average number of players.

Now you will see just how truly ■■■■■■ HS income actually is. You have the data, you have the numbers.

Going back to the topic at hand. There is a ton of ■■■■ wrong with Eve Online that turns off new players. Everything from crappy ass activities that are complete ■■■■ such as VNI ratting for example, to multi account requirements etc. These are all gigantic turn offs, its not just unwanted PvP. Too many systems within the game are just fuckingly archaic and so screwed up from the ground up its not even funny.

A lot of stuff in this game is so horribly mind numbing that people turn to AFKing and botting because of it. Regardless what activity you want to support, PvP, explo, whatever. At this point where you find yourself in such a state its easy to make the decision to quit.

And then CCP comes in and wants us to do what ? Sub or buy plex to AFK VNI rat on multiple accounts while multiboxing ? LOL W T F !?!?! just WTF ? This is the most retarded thing I have ever seen in any MMO, or any online game for that matter and how is this not supposed to turn off someone from the game ?

1 Like

Removed an off topic post.

2 Likes

I’m posting with an alt because of the principle I started in the post you quoted from: If information can be used against you, it will be :slight_smile:

I think you’re looking at the wrong statistic too: it’s not how many people have played EVE for a longish time (a few hundred thousand, but less than a million, I guess?). It’s the number of potential players who tried it and went away disappointed.

If I was making a weighted list of the factors I think cause people to leave, two of the first five would be:

• Being at a significant competitive disadvantage for almost everything
  • The trust issue

My bad for the reply to it.

2 Likes

Since when was managing multiple accounts required to play EVE?

1 Like

Removed a spam post.

5 Likes

Removal Of non-consensual pvp from high sec is a good start.

1 Like

Removed more spam. Please stop spamming. Thanks!

5 Likes

It’s a thankless job, having to deal with these individuals.

So I’ll just take the time to say “Thank You” for your services and spare time, keeping the boards digestible for us casual users.

awesome

11 Likes