How to make your first billion isk…

I reached my first billion ISK after a nice event with many drops which were not snatched by other players. DED 4/10 sites can be done in 100m ships, but perhaps not that smoothly.

1 Like

Even though this is not in any relation to what the op may or may not do once they reach their goal!

I would like to just add that Frostpacker had since squandered its funds down to an undisclosed amount through roleplay and isk donations.

I’m pretty sure Aiko might disclose it just to mock you in public. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I am fine with whatever is disclosed as I once showed the Princess my bank account the night I stayed over in her pleasure palace.

1 Like

Was that when you paid her to watch you roleplay as a kitty cat?

First of all, you don’t need 2.5B for doing DED 4 - most HACs/command ships are overkill for them and they are just 500M isk even when fitted with some deadspace/faction modules.

As for making ISK from scratch. I recommend security missions. L1 > L2 > L3. You won’t be able to do L4 missions in a reasonable amount of time w/o proper skillpoints and isk investment, but getting to run L3 missions fast in a BC is perfectly viable. Think of this as a baseline income - it is basically guaranteed so make sure you have a ship capable of doing them + ammo parked up at your agent of choice. In case you lose whatever isk source you had before you will be able to fallback to this.

Gas huffing in a venture / specially fit covetor is a great source of isk as well. Also mining ores in lowsec - although it is more risky than jspace and you should mash that V button shall you choose to dive into either LS or jspace.

Another thing is exploration - who said you have to do DED 4? Low grade unrated / ded plexes can pay as well. For that matter, you can also do data / relic sites.

C1/C2 wormhole ratting is another way.

And if you don’t mind going total random… you can clear low grade anoms (hideaway, burrow, refuges) in hope of getting commander spawn. Those can drop faction modules - with a bit of luck you can make 150M. They also have chance of escalating into ded 3/4/5 (depends on faction and anomaly - for example angel refuge and den can escalate to ded 5). The key to success here is clear speed.

Belt ratting in LS is also great source of isk. All you need is a frigate / destroyer with decent dps, AB and some tank.

Salvaging in mission hubs is also a way. Either ask for salvage or don’t bother asking and just combat probe them. If all you do is salvage then you won’t go suspect.

1 Like

Exactly the information New Capsuleers need to reach their goals.
This path is actually fun to follow while playing the game.

Running DED 1-3 in assault frigate is really fun. You should expect fairly low deadspace module droprates, like 10-20% to get anything worth more than 2M IME

Yeah. Though You can also do hideout / lookout and likely watch as well in AF.

EDIT: And serpentis 6/10.

1 Like

You mention belt ratting in lowsec… how do you protect yourself from PvPers? I wouldn’t mind doing stuff in lowsec, but it’s always been my understanding that’s in general, it’s more dangerous than null space….

Either intentionally fight them for the fun of it and treat ships like ammo, or, use dscan and local to identify threats before they warp on grid, and warp yourself to a station or other system before they land

Especially serving as bait to call in the cavalry when they take it. :wink:

You never specified a time restraint, forgive me if these methods are too slow.

Last summer, I told my friend and neighbor to play Eve Online and their 3 alpha characters made 1 billion ISK alpha mining kernite in low sec in the first month. The raw kernite averages about 900 per unit. Shortly after I assisted them with the career missions they went to work setting up shop in low sec.

Making about 15 million per day, per character, is fairly simple math. You will need a Miasmos and a fitted Venture at each base. While my friend still messes with low sec kernite mining, I moved John Rochard into a wormhole permanently and mine gas there. I don’t find it every day, but when I do, I can pull down about 350 million ISK. Three good days like that can make me a billion as well.

As Aiko somewhat expressed, you could attempt to gank the haulers, but empties don’t pay out. I only haul my gas once a month during low tide, plan my route well, and this gets my ore to market. Good luck ganking me Aiko. John never leaves the wormhole, the gas is sent out by my alt.

2 Likes

The honest answer is grind grind grind, using ships you can afford to lose and according to your abilities (skill and equipment and insights).

5 Likes

? You are speaking as if belt ratting was done in an expensive ship, when all you need is a T1 fitted destroyer. First of all you are not sitting in one place - you are jumping around, so locking you is not that easy. Second of all you have dscan and local. Those can show dangers. The only thing you need to watchout for are mordus special forces and clone soldiers. At least in 0.3 and 0.4 rats are easy to kill. And with bounty multiplier you get even more isk from bounties. Just loot BS and commander wrecks.

2 Likes

The usual paranoia and dscan. Treat everything as NBSI (not blue shoot it - or get safe) and manage your risk.
If you want to learn about it faster and with fewer costly losses, it would probably be a good idea to join a good lowsec or even nullsec corp that welcomes newer players.

1 Like

I don’t use Dscan for John. One reason John lives inside a wormhole is the lack of players. I rarely get visitors from the outside. My bane is the wormhole NPCs protecting the gas sites. Most of them can be dealt with by using a T1 destroyer or better. The ones that take a bit of work are the 5 vigilant sentry towers in the Ordinary Perimeter Reservoirs. I can still take them out with a destroyer, it just takes more time and strategy.

Once I kill off the NPC waves at the gas site in the wormhole, I park my venture and go AFK for the remainder of the time needed to collect the gas. I have a lot of ventures in there, a few extra destroyers, and needed fittings. Meanwhile should a player randomly find me and destroy my venture while I am doing the dishes or watching Hulu… good for them. They found the needle in the haystack. o7

Yep, Ventures in Wormholes show a great income per invested ISK ratio.

If you want to learn about it faster and with fewer costly losses, it would probably be a good idea to join a good lowsec or even nullsec corp that welcomes newer players.

Unless something’s changed in recent years, “low/nullsec corp” and “new player-friendly” are mutually exclusive concepts.

Each of these has increased the effectiveness of a newbie joining a low/null corp:

• Sharable overviews
  • Sharable fits
  • Multifit
  • Corp Bookmarks
  • Discord

I think all of those were created in EVE’s second decade.
Not sure if skill plans and corporation projects are proving useful

1 Like