How will EVE Possibly Compete with Amazing Star Citizen?

As an actual pilot, trust me, there’s no appeal to pilots in EVE Online. The appeal is the social dynamic and intrigue, and the highly strategic PVP.

nothing you wrote here explains what’s ‘similar’ about these two games.

if you’d spent a minute perusing the SC reddit during the Vulture/Venture shenanigans, you’d know that what you just said couldn’t be further from the truth. But even if the games share some players, that doesn’t make them the same type of game. I play Elite myself, and I love it, but I also play EVE because Elite doesn’t replace it. Not even close.

Like it or not, it is gameplay and style that defines a game’s categorisation. Having the same fans does not the same type of game make. I also play Fallout, and Injustice. I guess they’re the same type of game as EVE now because they have the same players?

Try again.

As an actual pilot, trust me, there’s no appeal to pilots in EVE Online.

If you’re refering to being a pilot IRL, that’s irrelevant.
I’m also a pod pilot and trust me, manually piloting in EvE is important to me.

The appeal is the social dynamic and intrigue, and the highly strategic PVP.

These and piloting are not mutually exclusive.

nothing you wrote here explains what’s ‘similar’ about these two games.

Because I was making another point.

I play Elite myself, and I love it, but I also play EVE because Elite doesn’t replace it. Not even close.

Thanks for proving my point. Also you fail at reading comprehension. Nowhere did I claim SC would replace EvE.

Try again.

How about stop being such a try hard yourself?
I suggest you argue less and instead read what I wrote more carefully.

1 Like

Ugh, I’m not doing the quote train, so I’ll start from the top.

1. no, it’s not irrelevant. manual piloting in EVE involves clicking in space. Real piloting is a whole other skillset entirely. a real pilot would know this. there is absolutely nothing on offer in eve online that would help hone a real pilot’s skill, and I say that as a qualified air freight pilot flying multi-engined turbojet aircraft large enough to require an onboard loadmaster. This isn’t a flying game, it’s a submarine game.

2. they’re not mutually exclusive, no. I never said they were. EVE Online has both strategic pvp and a complex social dynamic with lots of intrigue. what you wrote here was redundant.

3. then your point was irrelevant, because i’m arguing against the idea that EVE is anything remotely like SC other than being a Sci fi space adventure.

4. in order for a game to compete with another, it must have the potential to replace it. Injustice vs Mortal Kombat, for example. DCS World vs every combat flight sim ever made (barring arcade games) for example. Call of Duty vs Battlefield. These games can be considered competitors because they have the potential to replace the other.

5. idiot doing idiot things because you’re an idiot? idk what the point of replying in such an antagonistic way was, calling me a ‘try hard’, but I assure you, I can hit pretty hard if you wanna play that game. I’ve got all the culture, from Archer to South Park and a bunch of old classics you’re probably too young for. We can have a conversation, or we can insult each other. But I grew up with autism and a piss poor social life, so I’ve heard it all. I bet I’ve got a few things you haven’t, so bring it on, let’s derail this thread with petty childish attacks on each other. I’m down.

Or not. But if you wanna start on me, I’m more than happy to keep it going. You’ve been warned. If you can’t handle your ideas being criticised to the point where you need to question my reading comprehension because ‘how could you possibly disagree with me? You must be misunderstanding me, it’s the only explanation!’

No, bub, I understand you just fine. The problem is, you’re wrong. Get used to it.

No, bub, I understand you just fine. The problem is, you’re wrong. Get used to it.

Wow, just,wow. Not only have you managed to misunderstand my initial comment and the replies which followed, you’re also a complete douchebag. Feel free to pen walls of text arguing a straw man but don’t expect consideration because you’re not worth my time, bub. Get used to it.

Here, I’ll show you the difference.

This is piloting

This is clicking

This is piloting

this is clicking

1 Like

If you can dish it out, you can take it. I’d say HTFU, but I think you need to grow TFU first.

Irony overload.

1 Like

Says the guy crying about me being a ‘douchebag’ after behaving like a douchebag :joy:

1 Like

Says the douchebag who litters his replies with argumentative slurs…

Try again.

idiot doing idiot things because you’re an idiot?

But if you wanna start on me, I’m more than happy to keep it going. You’ve been warned.

‘Try again’ actually upset you? That’s not an argumentative slur, it’s a challenge. If you have a case to make, I was offering you a chance to make a better one. If that’s what triggered you, then I’m not going to apologise to you for the ease with which you get offended. Nothing in my argument before you called me a try hard and made slight of my reading comprehension was an attack on you in any way. THAT was the point where you, instead of presenting a new argument that I’ve never heard before (because frankly, everything you’ve said so far, someone else has said over the past 6 years), chose to get uppity.

You don’t get to play the victim card on this one. Neither do I, but I don’t consider myself a victim. My reading comprehension is fine, but the moment you decided to address it, you gave up on any argument related to the topic at hand. Instead of, “well, here’s another argument in favour of my case,” or, “oh hey, you make a good point, I’ll have a think about this,” you chose, “nah you can’t read, you’re trying too hard, I can’t possibly be wrong on this”.

But you are wrong. You just can’t accept it, and trying to shovel dirt on me helps divert attention away from the fact that you’re wrong.

So you know what, I am a douchebag, and you’re a perfect angel. In fact, let’s say, I’m literally the worst person in history, like a combination of Hitler, Stalin, and Mao all at once. So what? You’re still wrong. Wrong wrong wrong.

:joy:

TLDR but thanks for proving me right with every reply.
Maybe make an alt and argue with him? idgaf

Right about me being a bad person, or right about EVE being the same kind of game to SC?

Because the conversation was about the latter, and you’re wrong on that. I really don’t give one seventeenth of a flying ■■■■ what you think or say about me personally. It’s irrelevant.

Then why are you both still posting ?

We weren’t. It’s been a full two hours since my last post, which you only posted half of, so congratulations on joining the fray just to do little more than beat a dead horse.

Perhaps he/she will leave his or her account to some relative in the will :smiley:

Dude, I quite often agree with you, but please, please stop posting so much. It get’s to the point that, even though I agree with what you’re saying, the verbosity is just too much and I start automatically skipping over your many, many posts.

People don’t come to the forums to read the unabridged works of Remiel Pollard. Jus’ sayin’, man.

I’m pretty sure I’m going to express my opinion if and when I feel like it, like everyone else does. Don’t tone police me, mate. It won’t work.

1 Like

Dude, use whatever tone you like. I’m just asking, for the sake of all of us, that you use less of it.

1. you don’t speak for ‘the rest of us’.

2. no.

Dude, you’re doing it again…